Geremi's Corners

Guest neesy111

Guest neesy111

How bad are they, we had 11 corner's you expect to have 2-3 good chances from that many corner's and we didn't get one, he can't get past the 1st post

His corners were woeful but his free kicks were excellent. Several of them only needed a small touch, and they'd have been goals. Owen seems to be the only player we have who has any sort of movement in those situations, and he was a few inches short of getting on the end of a couple of those balls iirc.

I don't think many people understand the fine line between a good and a bad corner, Geremi could beat the first man every time if he wanted to do so, but David James would take 9 out of 10 of them. It wasn't his best day in terms of taking corners but it's not as simple as just beating the first man.

Guest Knightrider

Some of his corners were excellent, but in the main they were poor. Corners are such a lottery though and in general they are hard to call. Sometimes you have to give the opposition credit, remember Pompey have a big team and vast experience at the back, and sometimes poor movement and timing of our players is a factor. I'm just happy we are winning the number of corners we are, 11 on the road at Fratton Park is good going.

Guest Knightrider

I don't think many people understand the fine line between a good and a bad corner, Geremi could beat the first man every time if he wanted to do so, but David James would take 9 out of 10 of them. It wasn't his best day in terms of taking corners but it's not as simple as just beating the first man.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Yep, was the same with Robert. 6 or 7 out of 10 would be poor and hit the first man, but when he hit the sweet spot dead-on, the other 3-4 would be undefendable almost. Only problem with Geremi though is that we're not even getting 1 or 2 in the danger area!

There's clearly a plan to go for the first man anyway, that's where Faye runs to every time and he's clearly our biggest, arguably only, real threat from corners.

He got his head on a fair few, just in awkward positions so he couldn't do much with it.

Agreed.

Yep, was the same with Robert. 6 or 7 out of 10 would be poor and hit the first man, but when he hit the sweet spot dead-on, the other 3-4 would be undefendable almost. Only problem with Geremi though is that we're not even getting 1 or 2 in the danger area!

Wow some sane people! Been saying this for years especially when Robert was getting a load of shit for it

How many corners do teams score from?

As someone said there is a fine line between a good and bad one. It was just frustrating yesterday as so many hit the 1st man and we had so many.

I don't know if it was worth getting someone else to ping one or two in?

His free kicks were excellent though.