Nuts TV Now

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

Not a regular Nuts TV viewer or anything but when flicking through the channels (42 freeview) came across a debate between Steve Claridge and a pundit about swearing in football. Possibly the most pollitcally incorrect thing I have watched for a while. In part two of the show, a few mins time they are going to debate who has the best fans Newcastle or Leeds.

Not a regular Nuts TV viewer or anything but when flicking through the channels (42 freeview) came across a debate between Steve Claridge and a pundit about swearing in football. Possibly the most pollitcally incorrect thing I have watched for a while. In part two of the show, a few mins time they are going to debate who has the best fans Newcatle or Leeds.

What do you think we are, married or something? :lol:

Guest nufc_geordie

Gabrielle Moratti is a cunt. Not great fans because we didn't physically remove Shepherd after his comments.

Sounds like a classic Talksort esq debate, presenter says wild stuff & the x-footballer pundit is the voice of reason idiot callers don't realise it's just so they ring up and pay for the running of the station.

Tidied that up for you. :thup:

Guest nufc_geordie

Claridge was very much from the corner that women and children should be encouraged to attend matches and in doing so the men should learn to stay quiet and not use expletives. The other guy Gabrielle Moratti was arguing that parents and men know what atmosphere they are taking their famillies into and if they don't like in the f*ck off. It got quite heated actually and was good to watch.

With regards Newcastle, Moratti just didn't understand English football. He was arguing gate sizes in relative divisions etc. whereas Claridge argued that we are fanatical and the away fans are legends in this country. Seemed a strange choice though comparing Newcastle and Leeds fans!

I just meant generally about Claridge. Rarely if ever does anything useful or insightful come out of his mouth. Used to be on Meridians version of Soccer Night when i lived down there, absolutely horrific.

Guest Sporting

I saw an episode in which this Steve Claridge claimed David Beckham was a better player than Paulo Maldini and Franz Beckenbauer because you don't need much talent to be a defender

Gabrielle Marcotti asked him "to clarify, are you saying David Beckham was a better footballer than Maldini and Beckenbauer?"

"Yes."

He's an utter cunt. On "You're On..." once he was saying Cannavaro doesnt deserve to be world player of the year because defenders dont need as much talent as strikers and that they're just thugs most of the time.

Complete prat. Cant stand the man.

He's an utter cunt. On "You're On..." once he was saying Cannavaro doesnt deserve to be world player of the year because defenders dont need as much talent as strikers and that they're just thugs most of the time.

Complete prat. Cant stand the man.

Would love to know what happened when he was Millwall manager.

Wasnt he only there for a fornight or something and was sacked because his training mehtods were so bizarre ?