Sunday rumours

LooneyToonArmy

Would rather go for Lennon to be honest, no point having a good crosser of the ball if we havent got anyone dominant in the air, which we havent, Lennon would get to the byline more and stretch the opposition defence more making more space for our forwards.

Thats how i see it anyway.

Owen is good in the air if not dominant. so are Viduka and Martins tbh and I can see us replacing Smith in the summer with more of a target man.

But they are all players who play best with the ball at there feet, none of them are gonna "out head" the likes of Terry, Ferdinand or Vidic, but they might out manouever them in the box with the ball coming to there feet....

play to your strengths man, play to your strengths.

I'd rather have Lennon than Pennant, for similar reasons to what Fredbob says. I don't agree when he says that we don't have good headerers of the ball... but we do have members of the squad who can cross the ball from open play - and it's not as if Lennon can't.

We need to be looking for delivery ability in one of our new centre-mids. From set pieces, not necassarily open play. Like Emre, but better. How we've missed Nobby in this respect.

I think Keegan could do a lot with Aaron Lennon. All about pace and all about attack. And like i say, i recall him playing well centrally before, like behind two strikers or something (a 3-3 FA Cup tie at Chelsea rings a bell).

We haven't had a proper player who will charge to the byline for a good while now.

SWP would be a better bet than Lennon or Pennant IMO.

Would tend to agree. SWP in his Man City days was better than anything the other two have shown. The question is, can he get back to that after stagnating at Chelski?

SWP would be a better bet than Lennon or Pennant IMO.

Would tend to agree. SWP in his Man City days was better than anything the other two have shown. The question is, can he get back to that after stagnating at Chelski?

Babayaro, Parker, Duff and Geremi all say no.

Lisandro Lopez would be a fantastic signing, one of a rare breed of natural finishers. However Porto would want big bucks considering he's been their top scorer for the last couple of seasons.

Guest michaelfoster

Would steer clear of Pennant but get SWP or Lennon in by all means.

WHS, we have enough players who cause bother in Barton, Emre etc without adding another in Pennant and he's overrated IMO.

If we do buy Pennant then stay off the roads, especially at night :D

Would steer clear of Pennant but get SWP or Lennon in by all means.

WHS, we have enough players who cause bother in Barton, Emre etc without adding another in Pennant and he's overrated IMO.

If we do buy Pennant then stay off the roads, especially at night :D

Even more of a worry if Anthony Gardner signs for you.  It was his Merc that Pennant wrapped around a lamp post! :lol:  AG and Pennant are big mates.