Sunday rumours

LooneyToonArmy

I like Pennant as player not sure if a party city like Newcastle is the right place for him though. Has Anthony Gardner done anything of note while on-loan at Everton, I know he was part of the Everton (reserves) team our reserves beat 3-0.

NEWS OF THE WORLD

Guus Hiddink is dramatically being lined up to take over at Chelsea this summer.

Thierry Henry will spark a tug-of-war by revealing he wants to return to the Premier League - preferably in London.

Daniel Alves is a £25million target for Manchester City.

Gilberto Silva has told friends he intends to quit Arsenal this summer - with Italy his preferred destination.

Manchester City are determined not to be held to ransom in contract talks with Michael Johnson, who is a target for Liverpool.

Benfica ace Nelson has urged Aston Villa to sign him.

West Ham are to step up their interest in Newcastle right-back Stephen Carr.

Juventus want Manchester United contract rebel Patrice Evra.

Middlesbrough are to offer Paul Robinson an escape route out of Tottenham.

Liverpool and Manchester City are locked in a battle to land Swiss ace Gokhan Inler.

Manchester United are set to put a world record buy-out clause in Cristiano Ronaldo's new contract.

John Terry has turned down the offer of a testimonial match at Chelsea next season.

Birmingham will step up their pursuit of striker Gaston Sangoy once they secure their top flight status.

Diomansy Kamara is set to end his Fulham hell by sealing a move to Italy or Spain.

West Brom are planning a swoop for Crystal Palace's Mark Hudson.

Leeds want Burnely left-back Jon Harley in the summer.

THE PEOPLE

Dimitar Berbatov believes he will be a Chelsea player next season.

Dean Ashton is a target for Sunderland who also want Damien Duff from Newcastle.

Tottenham want to swap Paul Robinson for David James.

Spurs will allow Pascal Chimbonda to leave the club for a cut-price £3million while Juande Ramos will pay £5million for Espanyol goalkeeper Carlos Kameni.

West Brom are setting up a deal for Walsall star Sean Geddes.

Kris Boyd will quit Rangers and join a Premier League side in the summer.

Aston Villa are leading the race for Sheffield United striker James Beattie.

Leicester want to take Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck on loan.

Newcastle want highly-rated Atletico Bilbao defender Fernando Amorebieta.

Arsenal are eyeing a summer move for Algerian international striker Kamel Ghilas.

Derby are keen on Peterborough striler Aaron McLean.

Liverpool have failed in a bid for Argentine striker Oscar Trejo.

JJB Sports supremo Chris Ronnie heads a consortium looking to buy Blackburn.

Tony Mowbray and David Moyes head Celtic's wanted list to replace Gordon Strachan.

SUNDAY MIRROR

Sir Alex Ferguson has told family and friends he intends to retire at the end of next season.

Avram Grant is facing a mutiny within the Chelsea dressing room.

Raul Albiol has emerged as Arsenal's main summer transfer target.

Liverpool and Everton both want young Sheffield Wednesday defender Mark Beevers.

Kaka insists he has no intention of quitting AC Milan to join Chelsea.

Everton are lining up a £3million swoop for Ipswich star Owen Garvan.

Manchester City fear they face a battle to keep Michael Johnson at the club with Liverpool waiting in the wings.

Derby want Lee Carsley and Kris Commons to spearhead their promotion bid next season.

DAILY STAR SUNDAY

Chelsea boss Avram Grant says Steven Gerrard is the best player in Europe - and he'd love to sign him.

Arsenal are lining up a £15million bid for Portsmouth's Croatian star Niko Kranjcar.

Glenn Hoddle will be back as Southampton manager if Rupert Lowe regains control of the club.

Sven-Goran Eriksson is opposed to any Manchester City move for El-Hadji Diouf.

Sunderland and Portsmouth are set to battle it out for West Brom star Robert Koren.

Schalke's Manuel Neuer is now the goalkeeper Tottenham want in the summer.

Newcastle, Spurs and Manchester City have all been alerted to the news that Lisandro Lopez may quit Porto.

Italian giants Juventus want Crystal Palace to name their price for Victor Moses.

Paul Stalteri will sign a permanent deal at Fulham - if they avoid relegation.

MAIL ON SUNDAY

Chelsea face a player mutiny and the exit of star names if Avram Grant remains in charge next season.

Real Madrid have stepped up their interest in Michael Essien and may offer Robinho and Roysten Drenthe in a bid to seal the deal.

SUNDAY EXPRESS

Glenn Hoddle will be installed as manager of Southampton if Rupert Lowe regains control of the club.

Aston Villa are lining up Steve Sidwell as a potential replacement for Gareth Barry.

I like Pennant as player not sure if a party city like Newcastle is the right place for him though. Has Anthony Gardner done anything of note while on-loan at Everton, I know he was part of the Everton (reserves) team our reserves beat 3-0.

He's done nothing here.

Hasn't been on the bench once despite us having loads of injuries, two kids, Gosling and Rodwell have made the bench ahead of him.

Think he's also made a couple of blunders for the reserves.

Guest Stephen927

Pennant has a quality cross on him, but I'd prefer a player with more pace on the right wing, to really stretch teams.

Gardner.  :lol:

Pennant has a quality cross on him, but I'd prefer a player with more pace on the right wing, to really stretch teams.

Pennant is better than lennon IMO. Much better at the things a winger need to do.

Guest Stephen927

Pennant is better than lennon IMO. Much better at the things a winger need to do.

If Milner were to go, Pennant would be brilliant, but I don't think we really need two wingers without any real pace.

I don't really rate Lennon. Terrible end product, bit like Wright-Phillips used to be like. Although saying that SWP isn't as good as he should be when he gets himself into fantastic positions.

Guest guinness_fiend

Newcastle are tracking Liverpool's out-of-favour winger Jermaine Pennant and Tottenham defender Anthony Gardner. (News of the World)

Pennant played really well yesterday and looked a real threat.  If he were given a more open, rather than prescriptive, role, he could be a real asset to any Premiership club with an attacking mentality.  Ditto for Lennon.

Would rather go for Lennon to be honest, no point having a good crosser of the ball if we havent got anyone dominant in the air, which we havent, Lennon would get to the byline more and stretch the opposition defence more making more space for our forwards.

Thats how i see it anyway.

Would rather go for Lennon to be honest, no point having a good crosser of the ball if we havent got anyone dominant in the air, which we havent, Lennon would get to the byline more and stretch the opposition defence more making more space for our forwards.

Owen is good in the air if not dominant. so are Viduka and Martins tbh and I can see us replacing Smith in the summer with more of a target man.

Owen is good in the air if not dominant. so are Viduka and Martins tbh and I can see us replacing Smith in the summer with more of a target man.

Would like to see Bafetambibambi Gomis coming in as cover for Viduka, and possibly Carroll being loaned out, and coming back as a replacment for Viduka in a few years.

Fernando Amorebieta and Lisandro Lopez? Heard of neither tbh!

I'd rather have Lennon than Pennant in all honesty. Would love to see what Keegan could do with Lennon, cos he can play more central aswell i think...