KK

Guest Knightrider

I think the thing to divide here is the doubters - of whom I was one (I still have doubts, too... just less so than before) -  and those who directed abuse at him. The latter were out of order. I found the idea of having to criticise him in the future very difficult, there were a handful who took to the task like a duck to water.

I've got no problem with people doubting him, I think I doubted him for 15 minutes today after taking Martins off.  :lol:

Oh aye, not particularly directed at you, at all. Just I think some might end up talking at cross purposes - ONut thinking HTT was looking down on him for having reservations pre-Fulham, when most of the ire is aimed those who were saying 'fuck off back to Glasgow' and all that.

Have to say, I was quite satisfied with the Martins decision - felt he had his least effective match for us for a while. Plainly, I am loyaler than you :D

I don't mind being a cock in this instance then. People ought to have held firm and been more supportive, even if they did have genuine concerns, which I did myself btw, although I was never in any doubt. People should know with KK not to write him off much less piss and moan because we weren't showing title winning form from the off, not given what he's achieved here and what he means to us all.

Anyway that's by the by.

PS I'm not looking down fwiw, I'm just reminding those people about this now so in the future, when we do lose a game or two and things aren't as good as this, to keep the faith because he does have a history of turning things around you know...

Didn't you have a hissy fit when we sacked FSA?

Guest Knightrider

I don't mind being a cock in this instance then. People ought to have held firm and been more supportive, even if they did have genuine concerns, which I did myself btw, although I was never in any doubt. People should know with KK not to write him off much less piss and moan because we weren't showing title winning form from the off, not given what he's achieved here and what he means to us all.

Anyway that's by the by.

PS I'm not looking down fwiw, I'm just reminding those people about this now so in the future, when we do lose a game or two and things aren't as good as this, to keep the faith because he does have a history of turning things around you know...

I don't think I actually posted much about Big Sam's sacking thinking about it, was too disappointed about it all. Had a hissy fit when we were looking at Harry Redknapp and over the years I've had a few more about all kinds of things, and I'm not the only one. Your point?

Anyway that's by the by.

I don't think I actually posted much about Big Sam's sacking thinking about it, was too disappointed about it all. Had a hissy fit when we were looking at Harry Redknapp and over the years I've had a few more about all kinds of things, and I'm not the only one. Your point?

Yeah i'm sure you did, went off big style when he was sacked IIRC.

Point: Hindsight & if you had your way back then KK wouldn't even be here we'd still be playing shite football under FSA.

Oh aye, not particularly directed at you, at all. Just I think some might end up talking at cross purposes - ONut thinking HTT was looking down on him for having reservations pre-Fulham, when most of the ire is aimed those who were saying 'f*** off back to Glasgow' and all that.

Have to say, I was quite satisfied with the Martins decision - felt he had his least effective match for us for a while. Plainly, I am loyaler than you :D

We'll see, I'll just go back and edit my post.  :lol:

Oh aye, not particularly directed at you, at all. Just I think some might end up talking at cross purposes - ONut thinking HTT was looking down on him for having reservations pre-Fulham, when most of the ire is aimed those who were saying 'f*** off back to Glasgow' and all that.

We'll see, I'll just go back and edit my post.   :lol:

People do that? ;) :lol:

Guest Knightrider

Anyway that's by the by.

Point: Hindsight & if you had your way back then KK wouldn't even be here we'd still be playing shite football under FSA.

Care to point out where I went off on one when we sacked Big Sam? I remember going off on one when we were looking at Redknapp but I don't think I said much about Big Sam's sacking from what I recall. Your point is a daft one anyway as I'm not applying hindsight here. I detect your touchiness though, were you one of those giving KK some undeserved stick?

Off you choke... ;)

Anyway that's by the by.

Care to point out where I went off on one when we sacked Big Sam? I remember going off on one when we were looking at Redknapp but I don't think I said much about Big Sam's sacking from what I recall. Your point is a daft one anyway as I'm not applying hindsight here. I detect your touchiness though, were you one of those giving KK some undeserved stick?

Off you choke... ;)

Didn't give him stick, was worried that he might not be able to turn it round, for me FSA was to blame though, but he;d have to shoulder some responsibility if he didn't do it too.

I quite clearly remember you making a thread kicking off about the club sacking FSA, then it was deleted, don't deny it.  :laugh:

some people will never be happy, or optimistic, its in thier nature to doubt and criticise, and worry and have concerns.

If you dont fully believe in keegan like i do, then have a think about things under souness, dagliesh, allardyce , jack charlton, ossie ardiles, etc etc,

i can just believe and enjoy

Didn't give him stick, was worried that he might not be able to turn it round, for me FSA was to blame though, but he;d have to shoulder some responsibility if he didn't do it too.

I quite clearly remember you making a thread kicking off about the club sacking FSA, then it was deleted, don't deny it.  :laugh:

I think he's right about it being around the time we were linked with Redknapp, I seem to remember taking the piss out of him.

I think he's right about it being around the time we were linked with Redknapp, I seem to remember taking the piss out of him.

Maybe i'm getting mixed up  :blush: soz, but the other point though is FSA would still be manager if HTT had his way.

Maybe i'm getting mixed up  :blush: soz, but the other point though is FSA would still be manager if HTT had his way.

Not if he had been given a choice of Allardyce or Keegan.

Guest Knightrider

Anyway that's by the by.

Off you choke... ;)

You're very wrong, never started a thread about Big Sam's sacking. Started a few about Redknapp and was very very critical of Mort and Ashley in some of my comments. Was seriously pissed off at the time in my defence. I could accept Big Sam's sacking but not if we were going to replace him with a manager with a worse record than him, despite his popularity and what he's doing at Pompey this season, a sideways step I thought at the time and I actually quite like Redknapp but you know me, I back any manager with my all and I wasn't no longer prepared to see HR come in only for fans to be wanting him out a year later while daft me banged on about him needing time and money. Delighted we replaced him with KK though, a forward step, a manager I hope we can (should) all have faith in.

Anyway that's by the by.

Off you choke... ;)

You're very wrong, never started a thread about Big Sam's sacking. Started a few about Redknapp and was very very critical of Mort and Ashley in some of my comments. Was seriously pissed off at the time in my defence. I could accept Big Sam's sacking but not if we were going to replace him with a manager with a worse record than him, despite his popularity and what he's doing at Pompey this season, a sideways step I thought at the time and I actually quite like Redknapp but you know me, I back any manager with my all and I wasn't no longer prepared to see HR come in only for fans to be wanting him out a year later while daft me banged on about him needing time and money. Delighted we replaced him with KK though, a forward step, a manager I hope we can (should) all have faith in.

Yeah i apologise i got mixed up. Was hilarious reading though!  :lol:  :thup:

Guest Knightrider

Oooh, if we are playing by those rules. If I had my way, KK would never have left in the first place... You've misread my entire argument, I'm not applying some kind of hindesight here. I'm not one for told you sos or trying to prove how right I am or whatever, I get more wrong than anyone on here probably. I am just pointing out the serious error in those showing little faith in KK or a lack of respect earlier on on the eve of what has been a great day for all of us, a day brought about by KK.

Oooh, if we are playing by those rules. If I had my way, KK would never have left in the first place... You've misread my entire argument, I'm not applying some kind of hindesight here. I'm not one for told you sos or trying to prove how right I am or whatever, I get more wrong than anyone on here probably. I am just pointing out the serious error in those showing little faith in KK or a lack of respect earlier on on the eve of what has been a great day for all of us, a day brought about by KK.

bluelaugh.gif

The point i'm making is people want whats best for the club, you at the time thought sticking by FSA was best, and some people thought 9 games without a win was enough to question KK. That's all i'm trying to say.

I don't think anyone wanted KK to leave tbf.

Guest Knightrider

Anyway that's by the by.

Off you choke... ;)

Yeah i apologise i got mixed up. Was hilarious reading though!  :lol:  :thup:

:D

Aye, can be quite melodramatic and knee jerky when I want to be. Was spitting feathers back then, maddest I've been in ages. I didn't really mean a lot of what I said though and did retract a lot of my criticism of Ashley and Mort when I'd cooled off. This club has a habit of making us poor fans blowing our tops eh. Good days on the way though  :thup:

KK has well and truly restored my love of football and of Newcastle United.

A few months ago, I had lost all care and love for the game. Now he's finally made me confident in these players and in this side.

Howay the lads!

Keegan and Newcastle are made for each other it is like a perfect marrage. One doesn't work woth put the other. I just thank Ashley to pick him as a manger and I am glad for once we don't have to talk about  average managers any more. Hail the King!

KK has well and truly restored my love of football and of Newcastle United.

A few months ago, I had lost all care and love for the game. Now he's finally made me confident in these players and in this side.

Howay the lads!

:clap:

Pretty much sums it up.

Guest Knightrider

bluelaugh.gif

The point i'm making is people want whats best for the club, you at the time thought sticking by FSA was best, and some people thought 9 games without a win was enough to question KK. That's all i'm trying to say.

People were slagging him after a few games man and some actually did want him to leave. Maybe small numbers but when it comes to KK, a few naysayers is a lot, or stands out.

bluelaugh.gif

People were slagging him after a few games man and some actually did want him to leave. Maybe small numbers but when it comes to KK, a few naysayers is a lot, or stands out.

Always thought you were over supportive of his return, but tbf you've been proved right.

Like Jonny Hall said, 'KK has well and truly restored my love of football and of Newcastle United'

I don't think any other manager could have done that, especially this season, i must admit i didn't expect it.

I was ecstatic at 1st, but then i thought it might have been a sentimental appointment, truth is, it was, but its so much more as well.

I don't think any other manager could have done that, especially this season, i must admit i didn't expect it.

I was ecstatic at 1st, but then i thought it might have been a sentimental appointment, truth is, it was, but its so much more as well.

Nobody did.

The media didn't even get it, which is probably why they spent the next month or so slating him.

The club was in turmoil. We were lingering close to the relegation zone, we hadn't won in ages, and we just didn't look like a team. The players lost confidence in the manager, the fans lost confidence in the team and all we needed was a boost. It really couldn't have been anyone else surely?

This is Keegan's club. He's the Messiah to the majority of this city. Sure, we've always pointed and laughed at those that went on SSN and said in their broad Geordie accents "Bring back King Kev" but simply his presence instils confidence and excites people.

Sure it was a sentimental appointment, almost more than if we'd brought back Sir Bobby, but WHAT an appointment it was.

I can't wait til next season. Roll on the good times.

Guest Brendan_Rice

People weren't sure because he'd been out of football for 2 years, and his last year or so at City wasn't exactly the greatest. Throw in 9 games without winning, and you can surely see why people weren't sure?

That's too one sided, we had very hard games which prevented us from gaining any confidence and we had three of our most important players on a different continent for over a month.

Bang on the 9 games we lost a lot of them were against teams in the top half, the games twords the end of the season were winnable.

I think if we played a lotof them 9 games now we would get a lot better results simply because Keegan has retored belief.  Owen's new role really suits him as he is not sitting on the shoulder of the last defender waiting for the ball and gets more of the ball.

Roll on next season to see us challenging for a place in Europe.

Howay the lads...