Travel from Hull to Newcastle - Check OP

Ash

Is there any plan to use the coach and them pick ups for away games as well?

I can sometimes easily get tickets for away games but have trouble affording the train and all that as well and getting lost on my own and stuff ha, but yeah, just wondering.

:lol:

I'd like to if I'm honest. I'm hoping to get to the majority of away games next season but it may be difficult for everyone to get tickets to be able to run a coach. I was thinking of leaving away games for this season and think about using the coach for away games the following season.

As it stands, it's looking hard enough to get numbers for home games so away games will be on the back of my mind for the time being.

Fair enough mate, i guess when the bus is just starting up is easier to concentrate on home games first and foremost! Can't wait for the season to start now like, me and me uncle usually have a good laugh on the way up but going to be awesome on a coach! Am sure there will be more people getting on for the Bolton game like, really hope it catches on properly!

Me too. I think it will be brilliant if we can get it up and running. At this minute, it's in the balance unfortunately. I'm confident it can happen, but we need the numbers and I'm running out of ways to spread the word. Hopefully after the first few trips, everyone will really enjoy it and pass the word on that way. If people hear that it has been successful, they may want to sample it for themselves.

Once we've chosen the route and pick up points on Sunday I'll post it on here. If there are any issues with the route or pick up points, we will amend it and then a final route and pick up points will be confirmed that will not change unless something drastic happens to result in it needing to be changed. I'll then start taking names for the Bolton game.

Im thinking that a few people will wait till maybe October, to see if the coach has caught on like to sign up for it. Just so they know its worhtwhile and that, and like you said, if the coach makes a succesful first few home games, im sure the word will spread and more people will follow. I wouldnt mind paying a little extra to start with in the hope it does catch on like, sure other people, at first wouldnt mind either.

Was gonna say tho, is there ay chance, if we cant get the numbers, of the driver being able to aquire a minibus for it? Obviously this is last chance scenario, but it could be a good idea if we're having trouble filling the coach or something!

Hopefully it won't come to that, but I have thought about it. I rang him today to see if he could maybe sort a 30 seater out but the company he works for only does 49 and 51 seaters.

I think at first it may be a little more expensive, but like you've said, I won't mind paying the extra either to be honest. At the end of the day, it will still be a hell of a lot cheaper than driving, and more enjoyable too.

I think you're also right about people maybe waiting to see how it goes before deciding if they want to come on the coach for themselves. Another point is the lads who are coming to Hull Uni; they might not be getting down here until late August or early September.

Term starts September 28th I think, so it'll be late September at best for the students.

Ah, not great then. :(

How much are we looking at ash?

Really looking forward to it like, hopefully we can go to the valencia game :)

Ok :)

I am 90% for Valencia, provided I can get tickets there should be my housemate coming.

It's all going to depend on how many people are on the coach to be honest.

Once we have a clearer indication on how many are going to Valencia/Bolton, I'll be able to sort it then.

How much are we looking at ash?

Really looking forward to it like, hopefully we can go to the valencia game :)

It's all going to depend on how many people are on the coach to be honest.

Once we have a clearer indication on how many are going to Valencia/Bolton, I'll be able to sort it then.

Ok :)

I am 90% for Valencia, provided I can get tickets there should be my housemate coming.

Good stuff. :)

I'm hoping once we announce the route and pick ups, a few more people will put their names forward.

It will be a real shame if we cannot make it viable.

90% for valencia mate depends on whether my team have a friendly that day

No problem.

Not in any rush for names as yet, still plenty of time to go before the game.

Also sent emails off to a few people at Yorkshire Mags and nufc.com.

I await their replies...

Had a reply from Mal Clark at Yorkshire Mags. He's said that he will put an article up on the site in due course. Brilliant news. I'm really hoping that will attract a bit more interest.

Nothing as yet from nufc.com and I don't expect to hear anything to be honest, that was a bit of a long shot.

Spoken to somebody that I know who works for the Hull Daily Mail and she's told me that she will do her best to get an advert in the paper, which again would be brilliant. Thinking of contacting the Yorkshire Post to see if they can do something similar but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Ran through the route with the driver today and we're both happy with what we agreed on. The route is still provisional if anyone would like to request any changes or extra pick up points but the I can't see the route deviating too much from what we sorted; I'll get this posted tomorrow. Once I've posted it I'll also start taking names for the Bolton game. Should have set off and pick up times sorted by tomorrow too.

Just moved out of Yorkshire. Would have been mint whilst I was still in Leeds. 'Tis a good idea!

Where abouts are the Yorkshire Mags lot based mainly ? I think It's Bradford, but could be wrong.

Mal said they're mainly based in Leeds and Bradford but there are also a fair few that he would expect to be along the route.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

Nah, Lincolnshire isn't big enough for one.  :aww:

Where abouts in Lincs you living in anyway?

And Ash, which side of the bridge is that meeting point, I'm guessing Hull side?

Nettleham which is 30 seconds out of Lincoln

Just going to post the route now.

Or not...

Had a few requests from people hoping for a pick up at Doncaster Station and after a bit of research, it's quite possible without adding a great deal of time onto the journey. What I'm going to do is compile another route and see how popular that proves before confirming things.

Yep, will be Hull side. Just going to post the route now.

Or not...

Had a few requests from people hoping for a pick up at Doncaster Station and after a bit of research, it's quite possible without adding a great deal of time onto the journey. What I'm going to do is compile another route and see how popular that proves before confirming things.

Hmm. By the end you're gonna end up taking 9 hours to get to the game. I see your point of keeping everyone happy, but I think if I was setting off from Hull I wouldn't want to go back to Doncaster before starting up through Leeds.

Whilst you're at it though, rather than me travelling to Hull, how about popping through Scunthorpe to pick a few of us up?

You should pick a number of fixed pickup points that are easy for most people to get to, and just tell them to get there if they want to come. If that's feasable?

Exactly. Hull to Doncaster takes about an hour, and it's in the wrong direction!

Or not...

Hmm. By the end you're gonna end up taking 9 hours to get to the game. I see your point of keeping everyone happy, but I think if I was setting off from Hull I wouldn't want to go back to Doncaster before starting up through Leeds.

Whilst you're at it though, rather than me travelling to Hull, how about popping through Scunthorpe to pick a few of us up?

I do see your point. It's difficult, I really don't know what is best. I've found a route that would add about 25 minutes on but allow us to go via Doncaster. If this is to pick say 10 people up for example, to me that 25 minutes would be worth it. I remember earlier on in the thread Doncaster being touted as a pick up point but it didn't really seem like it would work.

I'll look into some options now.

Or not...

I do see your point. It's difficult, I really don't know what is best. I've found a route that would add about 25 minutes on but allow us to go via Doncaster. If this is to pick say 10 people up for example, to me that 25 minutes would be worth it. I remember earlier on in the thread Doncaster being touted as a pick up point but it didn't really seem like it would work.

I'll look into some options now.

Which way are you planning on going to Newcastle from Hull which involves a 25 minute detour to Doncaster????? Even Leeds is 45 minutes away from Doncaster.

This route you've planned - what time have you got it down to?

Further to what I said earlier, I've gathered a bit of information and put these two routes together. The first one is the route that I initially agreed on with the driver. The second is one that is just another option due to requests for a pick up in Doncaster.

Route A:

Depart from Victoria Dock, Hull. Plenty of parking available here and also provides an easy route out of Hull so will be ideal. On the way out of Hull, we'll make a quick stop off at the Humber Bridge for a pick up. We'll then set off down the M62 heading for Leeds. Ferrybridge Service Station will be the penultimate pick up point before heading off to the final pick up point, which will be Sovereign Street, Leeds. After this pick up we'll be on our way to St James' Park.

AA Route Planner distance: 155.3 miles

AA Route Planner time: 2 hours 59 minutes

Route B:

Depart from Victoria Dock, Hull. Plenty of parking available here and also provides an easy route out of Hull so will be ideal. On the way out of Hull, we'll make a quick stop off at the Humber Bridge for a pick up. We'll then set off down the M62, turning off at the M18 aiming for Doncaster. We'll then be stopping off at Doncaster Railway Station for another pick up. After this we'll then get going to Ferrybridge Service Station which will be our penultimate stop before heading off to the final pick up point, which will be Sovereign Street, Leeds. After this pick up we'll be on our way to St James' Park.

AA Route Planner distance: 175.1 miles

AA Route Planner time: 3 hours 29 minutes

Basically just want some thoughts on the routes? Would anybody be unhappy if Route B was chosen?

Just need a bit of feedback really, the more the better. Route A obviously seems more sensible, but if this one is deemed best, would anybody be able to suggest any other suitable pick up points?

Dave's idea of putting a list of pick up points down and choosing five or so is a good one, just need to put some others forward apart from the ones already mentioned to give everyone the chance to choose their most suited pick up point.

How far away is the Humber bridge from Lincoln city centre?

About 37 miles.

There seems to be a few from the Lincolnshire area, so car sharing to a pick up point may be an option?

Travelling times from each pickup point to SJP would be useful Ash, so people know how long it'll be for them.

Anything else? ;)

I'll get on to it now. Won't take long.