Travel from Hull to Newcastle - Check OP

Ash

Er, how much would this whole thing cost (from Lincoln obviously)?

It all depends on how many are on the coach. The more on, the cheaper it will be. It won't be any more than £20, that's a maximum. If you car share to the Humber Bridge pick up, it would maybe cost you another couple of quid each if you were to split the petrol money.

Rough guide to travelling times. Obviously not set in stone or anything, just going by the Route Planners and not taking into account length of time spent at pick up points which will realistically only add a couple of minutes a stop...

Route A:

Victoria Dock, Hull - 2 hours 59 minutes

Humber Bridge - 2 hours 49 minutes

Ferrybridge Service Station - 2 hours 14 minutes

Sovereign Street, Leeds - 1 hour 49 minutes

Route B:

Victoria Dock, Hull - 3 hours 29 minutes

Humber Bridge - 3 hours 19 minutes

Doncaster Railway Station - 2 hours 30 minutes

Ferrybridge Service Station - 2 hours 14 minutes

Sovereign Street, Leeds - 1 hour 49 minutes

I'm getting on at the first or second stop I reckon, depending on how my mood takes me.

Either way, I'll be looking at 3 hours minimum.

Stuck with me for all that time, lucky you. ;)

Definitely cheaper than getting the train there and back then.

Most certainly. If we can get the bus anywhere near full, the price will be nearer to the £10 mark.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Is it allowed to booze on this 'ere coach?

I was going to ask this but didn't want to come across as some annoying boozeboy.

Cheers Dave.  :laugh:

You Boozeboy!  Obviously i'd prefer the quickest route but aren't fussed if its the second one.

Interesting one this. If I travel to Hull, which was the original plan, I end up paying £5.40 in bridge toll, as well as petrol.

I could however drive to Donny, but I wouldn't want to leave my car there ;)

:lol:

I might be able to sort you something in way of tolls mate, leave it with me.

I'm with you on the second part though, I'd rather pay the £5.40. :lol:

Interesting one this. If I travel to Hull, which was the original plan, I end up paying £5.40 in bridge toll, as well as petrol.

Do tell. I pay £5.40 a day just to get across to work, so if you know where I can get some free tickets I'm all ears ;)

Do tell. I pay £5.40 a day just to get across to work, so if you know where I can get some free tickets I'm all ears ;)

A mate of mine used to be able to get them off his Dad as he had been doing work on the bridge. I'll see if he still gets them. If he can, should be able to sort you out with some, not sure on how many though.

I'm100% definite for Bolton and most of league/cup home games Ash although I won't be going up for any of the friendlies.

No problem.

That reminds me...

This could prove to be a little early yet as there's a chance it could be moved, but fingers crossed it will remain on the Saturday...

Can you please let me know how many people are in your party and which pick up point you want to be picked up from too.

Bolton - Saturday 23rd August 2008

Who's in?

Bolton (23rd Aug):

Victoria Dock, Hull

Ash

Graham

Josh

Humber Bridge

Rey Mysterio x2

Fatwax

Gaz

Ferrybridge Service Station

Nufc4Life x2

Sovereign Street, Leeds

Disco Des

SpinS

Deadline to let me know for this game is Wednesday 6th August.

A mate of mine used to be able to get them off his Dad as he had been doing work on the bridge. I'll see if he still gets them. If he can, should be able to sort you out with some, not sure on how many though.

Just spoken to him, he reckons he will be able to sort me out with some for you.

Just spoken to him, he reckons he will be able to sort me out with some for you.

Nice one. I'll be looking at humber bridge for pick up anyway. I'll confirm how many of us there are by the end of the week.