how big would st james be if........

cp40

Never seen that picture before; that would be amazing, best ground in the league by a mile...

It certainly would look amazing but it will simply never happen.

I know, sadly not...

people used to say keegan would never come back

Who is going to plant a bomb in Leazes Terrace?

is there enough members on here to storm it

I'm probably going to be doing a PhD in Newcastle next year (starting September) so I could apply to live there and then I could be the mole on the inside?

:lol: What's your PhD on?

Cancer research (get me)! Unfortunately not bomb building or structural engineering, which would possibly help us in our attempt to bring it down from the inside  :pow:

work on concrete cancer, develop a fast acting one.... also that works on stone instead of concrete

Guest float one in

Never seen that picture before; that would be amazing, best ground in the league by a mile...

It certainly would look amazing but it will simply never happen.

I know, sadly not...

people used to say keegan would never come back

Who is going to plant a bomb in Leazes Terrace?

is there enough members on here to storm it

I'm probably going to be doing a PhD in Newcastle next year (starting September) so I could apply to live there and then I could be the mole on the inside?

:lol: What's your PhD on?

Cancer research (get me)! Unfortunately not bomb building or structural engineering, which would possibly help us in our attempt to bring it down from the inside  :pow:

Nice one, that's a great thing to get into. Hope it goes well.

There was a 5-10 minute feature on The One Show just now with Myleene Klass in newcastle investigating the Blaydon Races song. She's fit

How random!

was probably thinking... mmmm a bigger stadium full of myleens..............cant come up with any other explanation

can we not extend gallowgate ?

i know about buildings and s*** about the east stand.

and i know all accross level 7 holds 15,000. so same size all around ground would be adding another 15,000 then however many more seats would be there. probably hold about 80,000 tbh.

we would only sell out 60,000 for sunderland and maybe teams like man utd, liverpool etc...

but we could easily give away teams 7 or 8,000 which would make it amazing for atmosphere

shame nout like this will happen...

Yeah it would make for a great atmosphere but only Sunderland, Man U and maybe Liverpool could bring anywhere near that amount to SJP.

I'm sure I read something a while back talking about extending towards leazes terrace but only going back a small amount so they wouldn't interfere with the buildings. It could be done but it would be really weird, suppose we could just have one really steep sided stand for the craic.

I'm sure I read something a while back talking about extending towards leazes terrace but only going back a small amount so they wouldn't interfere with the buildings. It could be done but it would be really weird, suppose we could just have one really steep sided stand for the craic.

interesting, ive often wondered if the hieght could be gained on the east side, by putting a second tier, directly over the one that exists... they did it on the north bank highbury cos of limited space behind

Guest WalkervilleMag

can we not extend gallowgate ?

i know about buildings and s*** about the east stand.

and i know all accross level 7 holds 15,000. so same size all around ground would be adding another 15,000 then however many more seats would be there. probably hold about 80,000 tbh.

we would only sell out 60,000 for sunderland and maybe teams like man utd, liverpool etc...

but we could easily give away teams 7 or 8,000 which would make it amazing for atmosphere

shame nout like this will happen...

Yeah it would make for a great atmosphere but only Sunderland, Man U and maybe Liverpool could bring anywhere near that amount to SJP.

there is no way on god's earth northumbria police would allow us to give the mackems 8000 tickets.

thanks, i wasnt around then,, looks like the debate is still alive tho,, if you read the start of the thread, it was just a bit of dreaming about having a complete stadium

Just pointing out the results of the poll - it surprised me how many people were against demolishing those houses.

agree, surprises me too, the yanks would take them down and rebiuld the further into leazes park, out of our way

Is there a plot of land close-ish to St. James' that a new stadium can be built on? The brilliant thing about the stadium now is that it's right in the center of the city. If a new one were to be built, it'd suck if it was quite far from the city center.

What happened to that Castle Leazes idea?

French woman,,objected and got it stopped,. think she has now departed, god rest her soul... its too late now tho,, its st james forever

Guest pont-toon

poo poo'd by environmentalists, conservationists, the local farmers that graze their cattle on the land and some mad fooka that walks their dog on the leazes moor

French woman,,objected and got it stopped,. think she has now departed, god rest her soul... its too late now tho,, its st james forever

It would've been contrary to the city development plan, as the area is designated as a conservation area. So it would've gone to a public enquiry whatever, which gives the final say to the secretary of state. A few people protesting against it wouldn't have made one bit of difference. There are objectors to virtually every major planning application, if they had the power to stop things nothing would ever get built. When planning applications are refused it is for planning (and sometimes political) reasons, not because of individuals protesting.

But the application for Castle Leazes wasn't refused. For whatever reason John Hall pulled the plans before the process had really started. Who knows what the final decision of the secretary of state would've been, Liverpool's stadium on Stanley park was approved at public enquiry, despite local residents objecting to it.

Tbh, I think it was probably pulled for financial reasons more than anything, when it became clear there was no money in the 'sporting club' idea.

As for other sites. Well, the area of moorland over the road from the BBC isn't designated as part of the town moor.

Still think the best bet, if we want to extend is to put the gallowgate back over the road, then the east stand build up instead of back. Stadium would be lopsided but it would at least be the same level (or as close as possible) all around. Would cost a fortune like.