Stoke give us 4 million if promoted

SUPERTOON

Aye

Go on then, explain. Are you just saying that anything south of Newcastle is classed as South?

York is the cut off point. :nods:

Used to be Northallerton but I like York so I moved it.

Aye

Go on then, explain. Are you just saying that anything south of Newcastle is classed as South?

Actually, geographically you're about right.

Get a map of the country, find the most northern point of England. Write down the approximate latitude. Do the same for the most southern point of England.

Use this to divide the country into 3 equal sections, and you'll find the dividing line between the north and the midlands runs between York and Leeds. :D

Humorously enough, Manchester is closer to Wales than it is to the north.

Aye

Get a map of the country, find the most northern point of England. Write down the approximate latitude. Do the same for the most southern point of England.

Use this to divide the country into 3 equal sections, and you'll find the dividing line between the north and the midlands runs between York and Leeds. :D

Where on a compass is the midlands?

Leeds and Scunthorpe are both North. I'm not being a fucking southerner for anyone!

Aye

Leeds and Scunthorpe are both North. I'm not being a fucking southerner for anyone!

;)

What about Cheshire then or am I classed as a Southern fairy?!

Aye

;)

Historical north/south divide:

http://www.sasi.group.shef.ac.uk/maps/nsdivide/index.html

Aye

Leeds and Scunthorpe are both North. I'm not being a f***ing southerner for anyone!

;)

Cheshire is below York, so it's firmly in the midlands. Unlucky.

Sheargol - It's universally accepted that there's such a place as the midlands and geographically, Leeds and Scunthorpe are in it. York and above for the north, I'm afraid. If you don't like that, move house!

Cheshire is not in the midlands at all, it's the north west.

You don't just divide a map into equal segments with straight lines, that's not the way it works.

• 2 weeks later...