Stoke give us 4 million if promoted

SUPERTOON

If it was only an option then surely they would have that option regardless of promotion.  It seems more likely that it was a promise, in order to get Ameobi they promised to make the move permanent should they get promoted.

Even if its just an option i still think they'll take him off our hands.

They need players with Premiership experiance and he's got it,4 million for a striker in the Premiership isnt that much to ask.

They need players with Premiership experiance and he's got it,4 million for a striker in the Premiership isnt that much to ask.

Ya man but.....its fucking Shola Ameobi like

Guest optimistic nit

Ya man but.....its fucking Shola Ameobi like

when you see how much sunderland had to fork out (and wigan and fulham) to buy players that were at very most borderline premiership (i.e. chopera) 4mill for a striker who has scored goals in this league doesn't seem too bad, regardless of how shite he is 80% of the time.

.com boys sound like they know something the press doesn't: 

"Confirmation is now awaited whether Ameobi will complete a permanent move to the Britannia Stadium - which although widely reported as a done deal, is not definite."

Ya man but.....its f****** Shola Ameobi like

when you see how much sunderland had to fork out (and wigan and fulham) to buy players that were at very most borderline premiership (i.e. chopera) 4mill for a striker who has scored goals in this league doesn't seem too bad, regardless of how s**** he is 80% of the time.

He only has one year left on his contract though.  Players with a year left usually go for well under what they would normally cost (half or even quarter price).  We've already got over £500,000 from them as well.

Guest optimistic nit

Ya man but.....its f****** Shola Ameobi like

when you see how much sunderland had to fork out (and wigan and fulham) to buy players that were at very most borderline premiership (i.e. chopera) 4mill for a striker who has scored goals in this league doesn't seem too bad, regardless of how s**** he is 80% of the time.

He only has one year left on his contract though.  Players with a year left usually go for well under what they would normally cost (half or even quarter price).  We've already got over £500,000 from them as well.

players fetch what they are worth to the buyer. stoke won't be in the Pl in a years time if they dont make the right buys, and a 'proven' (well not really, but his stats seem to say he's proven) PL striker for 4million seems a good buy on paper, whether he has a year on his contract or not.

He will get you goals. Not many, but he will. We're in no place to ridicule other club's striker purchases, given who we spent £6m on just over a year ago.

Was just about to say, I'd give them the opportunity to back out of the deal if they agree to take Smith for 6m instead

Guest jda3000

cant understand why everyone slates shola so much,  when we needed him the most (under glen with all the injurys) he preformed. 

cant understand why everyone slates shola so much,  when we needed him the most (under glen with all the injurys) he preformed. 

:doh: