Scousers want Harper?

OzzieMandias

Dear me...  Yes, I know you're questioning his performances from before the current season, doesn't change anything.  The fact is you thought his last run in the team was prior to this season.

But we weren't talking about this season, that's why i said, before this season, you are just being pedantic, which only serves to be highly annoying and doesn't prove anything else but that.

I wasn't being pedantic, I genuinly beleived that you forgot that he'd had a run in the team at the start of the current season (still think you probably did..).  I'm not going to assume you mean something other then you say, especially when you're making negative assumptions about me.

Guest toonlass

Harper has been canny this season though, kept several clean sheets, has made some canny saves and has nowt to be ashamed about. What is the point of bringing up performances years ago?

There's no way Harper will want to leave.  There's a reason why the lad has hung around at Newcastle for so many years even though he's barely gotten a game...  He loves the club and must be ecstatic at the moment to finally be getting a run in the side.

As for "TBF Harper has been terrible for years. he's been average at the very best until this season."..

Complete and utter bollocks!!!!!!!  Seriously mental comment IMO.

No its not.

And the reason why he's been happy to sit on the bench for so long as he's not been good enough to command a 1st team spot for the best part of his career, here or at any other regular EPL club.

Yes.. it is.  Either you're massively under rating Harper, or massively ove rating the rest of the leagues keepers, or a bit of both.  I mean common, take a look around at the Premiership and check out some of the keepers you claim would definitely keep Harper out..

Was the first time you saw Harper the time when he slipped and got beaten by that long range shot against Liverpool or what?  Because appart from that he's been solid to excellent every time he's been called upon.

I said before this season.

Anytime before this season when Harper has played he's not been solid or excellent.

Fair enough he's needed a run, but do you remember the last time he had a run? Do you wonder why fans who can remember that time actually hold Given in such high regard?

Thought not.

Harper WAS excellent from 99 to 01 when Gullit then Robson had him as no.1 keeper

he got injured as i recall before the Leeds (a) game and never got his place back

And he's been excellent this season. Not sure if anyone's mentioned that.

Agreed, for the first time in ages we have a keeper who realises that he can come off his line and defend his area by cutting out crosses.

And he's been excellent this season. Not sure if anyone's mentioned that.

Agreed, for the first time in ages we have a keeper who realises that he can come off his line and defend his area by cutting out crosses.

The second bit was tongue-in-cheek like ;) But I agree and I think the defence look happier as a result of what you say and him looking more composed in general than Given has this year.

The second bit was tongue-in-cheek like ;) But I agree and I think the defence look happier as a result of what you say and him looking more composed in general than Given has this year.

I'm glad I only commented on the first bit then.  :lol:

Guest michaelfoster

Fair enough he's needed a run, but do you remember the last time he had a run?

In the league

07/08  17 app (2 sub)

06/07 15  app(3 sub)

99/00  18 app

Never made it into double figures otherwise

Guest Toepoke

Why would they want a back up keeper that's better than Reina?

Aye well possibly not but I think Reina is a distictly average keeper Cech and Van der Sar are far better than him, the Scousers need a top keeper if they want to challenge for the league.