Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Spain has also dominated the Uefa Cup this decade. Hardly possible if everything outside the top 2 was s***.

You only had one team in the semi finals this year, we had two, and they are both s****.

If they qualified for the UEFA Cup that makes your league s*** then :)

We have 4 wins and 6 finalists in the past 10 years.

They all dropped out the champions league as they weren't able to compete in it. I'm sure if our 3rd and 4th placed teams were in it they would shit all over it.

I'd take Ibra for him plus Yaya. No money.

Sounds like a win-win for both. Swap Cesc for Ibra.

How is Arsenal putting a massive hole in their midfield to gain an erratic striker a 'win'?

IF Cesc is leaving for Barca anyway then they have a midfield issue regardless - But if they can get Ibrahimovic that would greatly improve their strike force (Better than playing Bendtner)

Spain has also dominated the Uefa Cup this decade. Hardly possible if everything outside the top 2 was s***.

You only had one team in the semi finals this year, we had two, and they are both s****.

If they qualified for the UEFA Cup that makes your league s*** then :)

We have 4 wins and 6 finalists in the past 10 years.

They all dropped out the champions league as they weren't able to compete in it. I'm sure if our 3rd and 4th placed teams were in it they would s*** all over it.

Like Liverpool.

And Sevilla and Valencia won the competition having qualified through the league. Espanyol and Alavés were finalists in the same way (Espanyol as cup winners actually). Atlético are the only side to win it after dropping out the CL.

I know everyone wanks over Barca, but the amount of money they splash out is sickening sometimes.

Yeah, the money spent on Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, Bojan and Pedro was way ott.

If only they could build a team around youth products like Madrid or Chelsea.

€35M on Dani Alves, €50M+Eto'o on Ibra, €25M on Chrygyrnsgyhychrchrynski, €25M on Henry, €20M on Milito. Alot for Keirrison too, €15M? Now a reported €50M for Villa and €30-40 for Fabregas?

That's all in recent times too. However, I understand the youth system is incredible, yes, but I'm sure alot of money is put into it (well spent, mind).

Your best players are from the youth academy, this outrageous spending on players isn't necessary, many of your big signings flop anyway.

Madrid:

Ronaldo £80m

Kaka £60m

Benzema £40m

Alonso £30m

Albiol £15m

Chelsea:

Drogba £24m

Essien £24m

Carvalho £20m

Shevchenko £30m

SWP £20m

Man Utd:

Rooney £25m

Berbatov £30m

Nani £17m

Valencia £17m

Carrick £16m

Hargreaves £16m

Ferdinand £30m

Liverpool:

Torres £20m

Keane £20m

Aquilani £20m

Mascherano £20m

Johnson £17m

Chygrynskiy was a waste of money granted, and Zlatan cost about £15m too much but other than that it's fine.  Pique was a steal, Alves is the best attacking full back in the world and £15m at the time for Henry was good.  When teams like Madrid and Chelsea throw money away for fun, Barcelona have to step up and compete.

One year left on it. He's either:

a) Putting himself in the shop window and looking to generate interest (more interest if you believe the rumours of Tottenham and Man Utd being interested in him already) on the biggest footballing stage (mind, not sure how much he can do with the team he's in), or;

b) We're not meeting his wage demands, rightfully or wrongly. I'd assume he'll want to be in line with the top earners at the club and he's got a point there.

Pienaar wants to stay but only as the top earner (which would put him somewhere over 55k a week)

Yak & Yobo will be sold.

That's my third hand ITK info  :pow:

I know everyone wanks over Barca, but the amount of money they splash out is sickening sometimes.

Yeah, the money spent on Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, Bojan and Pedro was way ott.

€35M on Dani Alves, €50M+Eto'o on Ibra, €25M on Chrygyrnsgyhychrchrynski, €25M on Henry, €20M on Milito. Alot for Keirrison too, €15M? Now a reported €50M for Villa and €30-40 for Fabregas?

That's all in recent times too. However, I understand the youth system is incredible, yes, but I'm sure alot of money is put into it (well spent, mind).

Your best players are from the youth academy, this outrageous spending on players isn't necessary, many of your big signings flop anyway.

LIST

Chygrynskiy was a waste of money granted, and Zlatan cost about £15m too much but other than that it's fine.  Pique was a steal, Alves is the best attacking full back in the world and £15m at the time for Henry was good.  When teams like Madrid and Chelsea throw money away for fun, Barcelona have to step up and compete.

Sorry what was your point in listing all those players? I'm fully aware clubs spend money, I'm merely trying to argue that Barca spending heaps is no different from Chelsea spending heaps. 'oooh Chelsea spent £25m on Essien, what rich scum they are' and 'oooh Barca spent £30m on Villa what a great signing :fwap:'.

LIST

Sorry what was your point in listing all those players? I'm fully aware clubs spend money, I'm merely trying to argue that Barca spending heaps is no different from Chelsea spending heaps. 'oooh Chelsea spent £25m on Essien, what rich scum they are' and 'oooh Barca spent £30m on Villa what a great signing :fwap:'.

The point is Chelsea bought their entire team where as a lot of Barca's has graduated from the academy.

Because Blackburn have no money and have been very prudently run over the past few years. I'd be amazed if they've ever gone above £45k for any player.

He's said it himself on the news over here. Went from £35k a week to £55k.

Man City offer £20m for Milner.

Where would he play in their line up? In place of Stephen Ireland? A bit harsh on Ireland, really good player him.

Ireland hasn't played much this season. And Milner has the attributes that have seen Ireland dropped (workrate and tactical discipline).

Where would he play in their line up? In place of Stephen Ireland? A bit harsh on Ireland, really good player him.

Ireland hasn't played much this season. And Milner has the attributes that have seen Ireland dropped (workrate and tactical discipline).

I suppose he is totally insane aswell. Remember an interview with him where he just talked about his tropical fish the whole time.

Nothing wrong with Ireland's workrate tbf.

Last two seasons he has done extra training during the summer while all the other players were away to improve his fitness & strength.