Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Barcelona will offer AC Milan a package of Ronaldinho, Deco and £16m in return for midfield star Kaka. (Italian sports paper Gazzetta dello Sport, 0834 BST).

John Bostock is/has signed for Spurs (according to Neil Warnock)

EAGLES chief Neil Warnock has blasted John Bostock and his representatives after the teenager decided to join Spurs in a deal reported to be in the region on ?5m.

Warnock had hoped the teenager would sign his first professional contract with Palace, but the 16-year-old has opted for a move to White Hart Lane.

And after it emerged that Bostock was close to sealing a deal with Spurs, a furious Warnock told the Advertiser: "I'm so disappointed about the whole Bostock situation. I wasn't aware that it was close to going through until I got on the coach last night.

"I've heard that he has left because a member of my stuff has allegedly told him that he wouldn't be able to play in my system -- it's just a total excuse.

"I just wish he came up to me and said, 'Neil, we've weighed up our options and decided to go to Spurs' -- I would have accepted that.

"But to say that one of my members of staff has told him that he wouldn't fit in with my style of play is absolute garbage.

"He has gone for the money -- simple.

"I missed out on Ruben Zadkovich (who joined Derby) because I thought he would hinder Bostock's progress and now he does this."

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=250122&command=displayContent&sourceNode=250118&contentPK=20626741&folderPk=115337&pNodeId=250138

Spurs bid for Cruzeiro's Marcelo Moreno fails.

Moreno has been attracting plenty of interest and Tottenham have been strongly linked as doubts continue to surround the future of Dimitar Berbatov at White Hart Lane.

It now looks as though a bid has gone in for the player but Cruzeiro president Alvimar Perrella says it was not enough and has been thrown out by the club.

"The proposal was well short of what we expected," said Perella. "For now, Moreno remains here and we count on him in Brazil. Of course, they should return to make a new offer but, until now, no [they haven't]."

Shakhtar Donetsk are reported to have offered £6million and Spurs would have to offer substantially more if they wanted to wrap up a deal.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/articles/732808.html

This Bostock liable to play or Spurs just hoovering up talent to stop others from having it?

Reckon he should of stayed a Palace another year or two myself. Would benefit his development more playing regularly.

Spurs are buying everyone.

I hope it backfires on them.

All I can say is Leeds.  I know they have a rich owner but if they fork out another 70M on players and dont break the top 4 they'll stop investing.  Didn't spurs spend 67M last year?  They are on target to do that again and maybe a bit more.

Guest kingdawson

Interesting to see Spurs being so active in the transfer market. Reckon they'll do top 6 next season,

Yep, same tactics certainly worked a treat last season.

Oh

Worked the year before, and the year before that though.

This season was a dissapointment yet we still won the Carling cup. You lot had a great year, yet you still didnt make Europe. Football's a funny old game...

Guest kingdawson

Spurs are buying everyone.

I hope it backfires on them.

All I can say is Leeds.  I know they have a rich owner but if they fork out another 70M on players and dont break the top 4 they'll stop investing.  Didn't spurs spend 67M last year?  They are on target to do that again and maybe a bit more.

Our strict wage structure and ridiculously high ticket prices will take care of that. People forget that our Net spend, is usually not that high at all.

Guest kingdawson

They're in the Intertoto Cup are they not?

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Any need for the arrogance? Really?

Arrogance? ermm Brummie made a sarcastic comment about spurs to prove a point, to which i replied.

Ok our transfer policy didnt work out so well this season, but his own team apparantly had a great season, yet we still achieved more, despite the policy. No arrogance at all, it facts.

Because what you were saying was factual meant that the way you said it wasn't arrogant, alrighty then.

You are a Spurs fan though, so I'll say no more, I keep forgetting that it's inbuilt :razz:

Arrogance? ermm Brummie made a sarcastic comment about spurs to prove a point, to which i replied.

Ok our transfer policy didnt work out so well this season, but his own team apparantly had a great season, yet we still achieved more, despite the policy. No arrogance at all, it facts.

Cardiff City are 90mins away from achieving more than Spurs this season, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Guest kingdawson

Ok if Pompey win the F.A Cup, ill have a go at there transfer policy (even though they won a more prestigious cup then we did and generally had a better season).

Guest kingdawson

Cardiff City are 90mins away from achieving more than Spurs this season, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Just made the same point...

Brummie was actually responding to Gol's prediction that you lot would finish top six simply because you're buying a lot of players in, with what was a fairly reasonable argument.

Don't think it was intended as a proper dig at Spurs, more at the argument itself.

But you know, horses for courses and all that.

Sullivan told the Birmingham Mail: "We are very close to signing a player who has played 200 games for a team that has been in the top six/seven clubs in the Premier League."

He added: "We believe he's better than what we've got, and would be even if we were still in the Premier League. But, had we stayed in the Premier League, we wouldn't be trying to sign him.

"In that [midfield] position we had a top Brazilian international from a top club in Spain all lined up to come. But he wouldn't play in the Championship."

The Brazilian was fat Sam's target Edmilson but I wonder who the Premiership player is they're close to signing?

Sullivan told the Birmingham Mail: "We are very close to signing a player who has played 200 games for a team that has been in the top six/seven clubs in the Premier League."

He added: "We believe he's better than what we've got, and would be even if we were still in the Premier League. But, had we stayed in the Premier League, we wouldn't be trying to sign him.

"In that [midfield] position we had a top Brazilian international from a top club in Spain all lined up to come. But he wouldn't play in the Championship."

The Brazilian was fat Sam's target Edmilson but I wonder who the Premiership player is they're close to signing?

Lee Carsley fits the bill. Considering moving back to the midlands with his family, Birmingham fan as a kid, only getting offered another year here

Aston Villa target Scott Carson has admitted he may have to quit Liverpool after calling their £10m valuation of him "stupid money".

The 22-year-old's season-long loan at Villa is over but the two clubs have yet to finalise any permanent deal for the England international goalkeeper.

He told the Wolverhampton Express & Star newspaper: "It's too much. It's stupid money really.

"It may be time to move but I don't know if anyone will agree a fee."

Carson arrived at Anfield from Leeds for £1m in January 2005 and had a spell at Charlton in 2006/07 before Villa paid £2m to take him on loan for this season.

He wants his parent club to be more reasonable when it comes to deciding his future.

"I don't think Liverpool are stupid. They know what I'm worth. They would've recouped what they paid for me in loan fees over the last couple of years, so hopefully they can help me out," he commented.

Villa retain first option on signing Carson permanently and he knows his future almost certainly lies away from Anfield.

"Liverpool have a great keeper in Pepe Reina and he's going to take a lot of shifting, but I've played football for the last two seasons and I don't think I'll be content sitting on the bench."

Regardless of whether he returns to the West Midlands next season, Carson is certain manager Martin O'Neill is building something exciting at Villa Park.

He told the club website: "You only have to look at the squad. There are a lot of young players, and the younger ones are very talented."

"It's been good for me at Villa. When I came here getting into Europe was the aim and that's what we've done."