Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

David Silva is off to Roma for £18 million.

confirmed? or he said she said?

near enough confirmed.....

Roma are in advanced talks for Valencia winger David Silva.

Valencia shareholder Juan Villalonga revealed last night: "I'm sorry for our fans but we do not have the capital needed to meet our commitments and we are forced to mortgage all our heritage like our most important players.

"The negotiations for the sale of David Silva to Roma are very advanced for about £18 million."

Roma have also bid for Eto'o.

did he actually say 18 million sterling?

Thought that was weird too. Guess it's euros.

Roma get Eto'o allowing us to get Baptista. :razz:

Ameobi and Smith say "Hi, we're still clogging up your wage bill lulz."

'Midfielder' ;)

Smith's quote still applies :razz:.

KK's told him to fuck off up front though, remember. :nods:

'Midfielder' ;)

KK's told him to f*** off up front though, remember. :nods:

So close :(.

'Midfielder' ;)

KK's told him to f*** off up front though, remember. :nods:

So close :(.

'Next year Alan I absolutely promise you'll be a first choice striker if you're better than Owen, Martins and Viduka, okay?'

Sorted.

Where are Roma suddenly getting all this money from?! Be suprised if they got Eto'o since they effectively play with no-one upfront (Totti by himself)

They were trying to sign Adrian Mutu too so perhaps they're going for a formation change?

Guest cfhpantera27

I don't get why everyones going gaga over Arshavin anyway. About 6 months ago barely anyone had heard of him and were laughing by his name sounded like "arse shaving".

No doubt he's got ability, but £20m+? Fuck right off.

i still do  :iamatwat:

Guest kingdawson

Where are Roma suddenly getting all this money from?! Be suprised if they got Eto'o since they effectively play with no-one upfront (Totti by himself)

They were trying to sign Adrian Mutu too so perhaps they're going for a formation change?

probably...

----------Aquilani-----------Perotta------------De Rossi-----------

--------------------Totti-----------------Silva-------------------------

------------------------------Eto'o-------------------------------------

If Eto'o dosent sign, then they can easily move Totti as the lone striker and play Pizzaro and silva off him. Good team, but Sadly for them, their defence is not that great (Mexes is the exception).

probably...

----------Aquilani-----------Perotta------------De Rossi-----------

--------------------Totti-----------------Silva-------------------------

------------------------------Eto'o-------------------------------------

If Eto'o dosent sign, then they can easily move Totti as the lone striker and play Pizzaro and silva off him. Good team, but Sadly for them, their defence is not that great (Mexes is the exception).

I guess that would work especially since Mancini has gone to Inter. Decent attack on paper if indeed they buy Silva & Eto'o

Looks like his agent is just pimping him all over the place. I think perhaps Spurs considered him instead of Bentley at some point, but their interest is over now.

Modric, Jenas, Bentley, Dos Santos and Arshavin would have been too feeble. If they now land a good strong midfielder to go along with the first four i mentioned (i.e. no Arshavin) then they will be looking very interesting indeed.

Bent and Pvluychenko to battle it out for the lone striker also.

That would be much better for them I think.

Guest kingdawson

Looks like his agent is just pimping him all over the place. I think perhaps Spurs considered him instead of Bentley at some point, but their interest is over now.

Modric, Jenas, Bentley, Dos Santos and Arshavin would have been too feeble. If they now land a good strong midfielder to go along with the first four i mentioned (i.e. no Arshavin) then they will be looking very interesting indeed.

Dont agree with you on that. Arshavin would have been an excellent signing and he would have been easy to accomodate. Still dont think we've ended our interest.

I'm also not that sure about signing Pavluychenko. Sure he had a good euros, but i'd be far more comfortable with a player like Pandev or Milito than i would Pav.

Dont agree with you on that. Arshavin would have been an excellent signing and he would have been easy to accomodate. Still dont think we've ended our interest.

I'm also not that sure about signing Pavluychenko. Sure he had a good euros, but i'd be far more comfortable with a player like Pandev or Milito than i would Pav.

You have so much creativity from Bentley, Modric, and Dos Santos, with Jenas occassionally, no very occassionally  :razz:, doing something half decent also. Will Arshavin really add more to the team then than what an Albelda or your boy Palombo would?

How would you line up Bentley, Modric, Dos Santos, Jenas and Arshavin beaing in mind none of them can play as a lone striker? They would all take up a midfield position, whcih I don't think would be great defensively.

Guest kingdawson

You have so much creativity from Bentley, Modric, and Dos Santos, with Jenas occassionally, no very occassionally  :razz:, doing something half decent also. Will Arshavin really add more to the team then than what an Albelda or your boy Palombo would?

How would you line up Bentley, Modric, Dos Santos, Jenas and Arshavin beaing in mind none of them can play as a lone striker? They would all take up a midfield position, whcih I don't think would be great defensively.

I see exactly what you're saying and i do somewhat agree with you. It's just that, i think we can accomodate Arshavin, as well as bring in a Dm (prefably Palambo but Albelda would be just as good).

-----------------------Albelda-----Modric------------------

------------Bentley---------Arshavin -----Gio------------

-------------------------------Bent/new--------------------

Alternativly, Against the stronger teams:

-----------------------------Albelda---------Jenas----------------------------

--------------Bentley--------------Arshavin------------Modric---------------

------------------------------------Bent/new------------------------------------

If in the slight chance, berbatov stays, then there's really no point signing Arshavin, and Berbs could just play the role assigned to Arshavin in the teams above.

I definitely agree with the first team which leaves Jenas out, and I honestly thought this was what was going to happen before he was given a brand new deal! I doubt he would have been happy to sign it if he knew he wouldn't be playing as big a role anymore.

Shall certainly be interesting. Ideally Jenas should be the one to be left out if you do sign Arshavin and a DM. Not sure Gio woul be too thrilled to move to Spurs' bench from Barca's.