Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest shearer_206

i'd sign Dos Santos in a heartbeat, although i'm sure he won't fit easily here.. He hasn't delivered for Barca's senior team, but the boy's still very young and I like his style of play.. even if it doesn't work, €9 million isn't a massive gamble and his value can only go upwards

But in all fairness, he hardy plays and when he does he plays out of position. The last game of the season they played him in the hole behind the strikers (his preffered position) and he scored a hat-trick. Says it all really, the kid is class. Although he is a bit lightweight for the Premiership at the moment, I feel he might struggle initially.

Guest getcarter

Spuds reckon they're close to getting Veloso and Coloccini as well as Dos Santos and his younger brother. :kasper:

Guest shearer_206

Would be very suprised if Spuds could afford Veloso. I've heard AC Milan have been told to pay £20M for him. Once clubs like that come in for a player anyone outside the top 4 will struggle to attract the player.

Guest kingdawson

Spuds reckon they're close to getting Veloso and Coloccini as well as Dos Santos and his younger brother. :kasper:

The itk guy says it 3 players to be done by the end of the week. Dos santos is near enough certain to be one, the guy says the other guy either plays for portugal or plays in portugal, and the 3rd is probably Bostock but people still havnt clocked on yet.

The itk guy says it 3 players to be done by the end of the week. Dos santos is near enough certain to be one, the guy says the other guy either plays for portugal or plays in portugal, and the 3rd is probably Bostock but people still havnt clocked on yet.

There are a number of options bubbling away.  Bostock has already had an official announcement of sorts so I would discount him as one of the 3 if there are going to be simultaneous announcements for 3 players.  If there are 3 deals coming to fruition they could be announced on Friday as at the weekend Levy and Alexander (the Company Secretary) depart for annual vacations.

BTW, I've got considerable doubts that Veloso will be one of the three, if indeed there are three.

There are a number of options bubbling away.  Bostock has already had an official announcement of sorts so I would discount him as one of the 3 if there are going to be simultaneous announcements for 3 players.  If there are 3 deals coming to fruition they could be announced on Friday as at the weekend Levy and Alexander (the Company Secretary) depart for annual vacations.

BTW, I've got considerable doubts that Veloso will be one of the three, if indeed there are three.

Veloso would be just about the worst sort of defensive midfielder you could possibly sign so it would probably be a good thing if you didn't for your sake of course.

You need a real destroyer sort for that midfield but oddly enough it doesn't seem you have been linked with too many. Your midfield is still too soft in my opinion. Zokora and Huddlestone are just not effective enough as DMs in a 4-4-2.

Veloso would be just about the worst sort of defensive midfielder you could possibly sign so it would probably be a good thing if you didn't for your sake of course.

You need a real destroyer sort for that midfield but oddly enough it doesn't seem you have been linked with too many. Your midfield is still too soft in my opinion. Zokora and Huddlestone are just not effective enough as DMs in a 4-4-2.

Totally agree.  I think Zokora will stay as a squad player, Ramos likes his work ethic, but Hudd should be offering a lot more than he does, a lot slimmer but still not mobile.  I think he will be moved on.  The only name I've regularly heard is Makoun but he's by no means certain to move to WHL.  As you say, for the need for a strong DM, Spurs haven't really been linked with too many.  Apart from the DM, we still need a GK (McGregor/Hennessey/Hart/Emiliano Viviano), CB (Coloccini and a couple of others), LM (Diego Capel still the favourite) and RM (Bentley) if Ramos finally gives up waiting for a final ball from Lennon.

When those two go on holiday, will business lull for a few weeks?

By then they'll have sorted out most if not all of their business, so it won't matter. Damn good way to go about things IYAM. Wish we could learn a lesson or two.

Guest Heneage

They are idiots to get Dos Santos junior. He's worse than his brother and his brother has stuttered lately. Let them dream they will spend more than the £50M they spent last season that got them all of one position higher than us.

By then they'll have sorted out most if not all of their business, so it won't matter. Damn good way to go about things IYAM. Wish we could learn a lesson or two.

Less than half of it I reckon.

Not much we could do when the manager had big commitments during May and June before he had agreed to become our manager.

Guest Stephen927

They are idiots to get Dos Santos junior. He's worse than his brother and his brother has stuttered lately. Let them dream they will spend more than the £50M they spent last season that got them all of one position higher than us.

They're only bringing in Dos Santos' brother to help settle Giovanni into English football. His brother is meant to be half decent.

Guest kingdawson

f***ing hell kaka, you're absolutly spot on imo. Veloso is not the dm we should be looking at. He seems the carrick type dm (sits infront of the back 4 and just sprays 60 yarders here and there).  A destroyer is what we need and we've been linked with Angelo palombo from sampdoria who's the closest thing to gattuso you'll ever likely to fing. One of my favourite players and i hope we can sign him...

f***ing hell kaka, you're absolutly spot on imo. Veloso is not the dm we should be looking at. He seems the carrick type dm (sits infront of the back 4 and just sprays 60 yarders here and there).  A destroyer is what we need and we've been linked with Angelo palombo from sampdoria who's the closest thing to gattuso you'll ever likely to fing. One of my favourite players and i hope we can sign him...

Just read that ITK who reckons the 3rd will be a Big signing

who you reckon?

Eto'o?? Villa??

Guest kingdawson

Just read that ITK who reckons the 3rd will be a Big signing

who you reckon?

Eto'o?? Villa??

Yeh read that too and i think its a load of steaming, itk bollocks.

I can't help but feel that young Aaron is the type of player we should be looking to sign. I've seen him play a bit, both for Cardiff and the U21's and he looks a real quality player. Great on the ball, two quick feet and an eye for a pass. If he gets games at United he will only improve, but at the end of the day, he wont. Which is why I think he would be beter suited going to another club. Unless, as talked about, Manure are going to loan him out.

Also, I wonder who the other two clubs are. Would it really be Arsenal, can't see it myself!

Arsenal and Liverpool.

Wouldn't rule us out completely. We had a bid rejected in January when no fucker outside Cardiff had ever heard of the kid.

The bidding might be a bit too rich for us now but you never know.

It normally goes dead, yeah.  Levy always takes his annual trip to Florida in the transfer window, he does it every bloody time! :lol:

The talk about Spurs' triple signing announcement seems to have legs.  Dos Santos will be announced at the same time as a defender (probably Coloccini) and a GK (probably McGregor).  The ITK's seem to be in agreement that the announcement should be on Friday, possibly Thursday.

Guest Heneage

They're only bringing in Dos Santos' brother to help settle Giovanni into English football. His brother is meant to be half decent.

In terms of Mexican football he's not highly rated, Gio is the big star, along with Guardardo and Vela. It seems a bit stupid, I'm suprised Gio has chosen Spurs, I'd have thought Italy would be more his place.