Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

A forthcoming press conferences at Friday 3pm. We once had one when we signed Brett Emerton...

Doh.

Where you read/hear this?

Valencia have put David Villa up for sale at £17m.

Ramos' dream of signing him and cashing in on Berbatov lives on.  The reality is that it will never happen (imho).  The scramble for his signature should be good to watch though!

Ramos' dream of signing him and cashing in on Berbatov lives on.  The reality is that it will never happen (imho).  The scramble for his signature should be good to watch though!

Theres one team that we know he would definately go to though  :clap2:

I could easily see Arsenal getting in there if Villa's available, maybe Man Utd too.  And that's just in England. 

It will be interesting to see if Berbatov stays though.  I reckon that in in the interests of staying competitive with our main rivals we should publicize a massive 20-25 million bid and play the stalking horse on Berbatov.  Like we did with Rooney.  Get him on the market and make them spend big to replace him.

I could easily see Arsenal getting in there if Villa's available, maybe Man Utd too.  And that's just in England. 

It will be interesting to see if Berbatov stays though.  I reckon that in in the interests of staying competitive with our main rivals we should publicize a massive 20-25 million bid and play the stalking horse on Berbatov.  Like we did with Rooney.  Get him on the market and make them spend big to replace him.

I think a good argument could be made for any of the big 4 signing him.  The prospect of watching Villa and Torres playing together would be awesome but there's no harmony in the scousers camp right now.  I think Villa and Berbatov would make a top quality pairing.  The only problem there is if it happened I wouldn't expect them to be wearing Spurs shirts  :weep:

Guest teepee

i dont think torres and villa is the perfect pairing, but they are both class players.

personally i'm not too sure villa would be perfect for the epl, but then again i didn't think torres would cut it :D

i dont think torres and villa is the perfect pairing, but they are both class players.

personally i'm not too sure villa would be perfect for the epl, but then again i didn't think torres would cut it :D

we will see on in the Euro's

I can't help but feel that young Aaron is the type of player we should be looking to sign. I've seen him play a bit, both for Cardiff and the U21's and he looks a real quality player. Great on the ball, two quick feet and an eye for a pass. If he gets games at United he will only improve, but at the end of the day, he wont. Which is why I think he would be beter suited going to another club. Unless, as talked about, Manure are going to loan him out.

Also, I wonder who the other two clubs are. Would it really be Arsenal, can't see it myself!

Arsenal and Liverpool.

Wouldn't rule us out completely. We had a bid rejected in January when no fucker outside Cardiff had ever heard of the kid.

The bidding might be a bit too rich for us now but you never know.

Bid accepted according to the Beeb.

Guest shearer_206

I can't help but feel that young Aaron is the type of player we should be looking to sign. I've seen him play a bit, both for Cardiff and the U21's and he looks a real quality player. Great on the ball, two quick feet and an eye for a pass. If he gets games at United he will only improve, but at the end of the day, he wont. Which is why I think he would be beter suited going to another club. Unless, as talked about, Manure are going to loan him out.

Also, I wonder who the other two clubs are. Would it really be Arsenal, can't see it myself!

Arsenal and Liverpool.

Wouldn't rule us out completely. We had a bid rejected in January when no fucker outside Cardiff had ever heard of the kid.

Lies, I had heard of him and seen him play on a number of ocations and I live in Newport  ;D

Hes class anyway, and as a Welshman I hope he lives up to this early hype and goes on become a great.

Villa and Keane would be a bit lightweight upfront wouldn't it? Doesn't at all sound like a bright idea.

Guest Heneage

Arsenal and Liverpool.

Lies, I had heard of him and seen him play on a number of ocations and I live in Newport  ;D

Hes class anyway, and as a Welshman I hope he lives up to this early hype and goes on become a great.

Your "No fucker out of Cardiff"is bull shit, we scouted him as a kid and he chose to join Cardiff.

Spuds reckon they're close to getting Veloso and Coloccini as well as Dos Santos and his younger brother. :kasper:

The itk guy says it 3 players to be done by the end of the week. Dos santos is near enough certain to be one, the guy says the other guy either plays for portugal or plays in portugal, and the 3rd is probably Bostock but people still havnt clocked on yet.

There are a number of options bubbling away.  Bostock has already had an official announcement of sorts so I would discount him as one of the 3 if there are going to be simultaneous announcements for 3 players.  If there are 3 deals coming to fruition they could be announced on Friday as at the weekend Levy and Alexander (the Company Secretary) depart for annual vacations.

BTW, I've got considerable doubts that Veloso will be one of the three, if indeed there are three.

Veloso would be just about the worst sort of defensive midfielder you could possibly sign so it would probably be a good thing if you didn't for your sake of course.

You need a real destroyer sort for that midfield but oddly enough it doesn't seem you have been linked with too many. Your midfield is still too soft in my opinion. Zokora and Huddlestone are just not effective enough as DMs in a 4-4-2.

f***ing hell kaka, you're absolutly spot on imo. Veloso is not the dm we should be looking at. He seems the carrick type dm (sits infront of the back 4 and just sprays 60 yarders here and there).  A destroyer is what we need and we've been linked with Angelo palombo from sampdoria who's the closest thing to gattuso you'll ever likely to fing. One of my favourite players and i hope we can sign him...

YOu certainly need a high tempo, big engine destroyer.

Arsenal reportedly had a £9m bid rejected for Udinese defender Cristian Zapata.

I would have said unlikely if Arsene hadnt come out at the end of the season saying he was going to strengthen defensive options, right kind of age aswell, Gallas isnt getting any younger, next year could see the end of gallas imo with a new cb brought being his replacement. Although my first choice would be micah richards, hes everything that is an Arsene Wenger signing

Guest Stephen927

I would have said unlikely if Arsene hadnt come out at the end of the season saying he was going to strengthen defensive options, right kind of age aswell, Gallas isnt getting any younger, next year could see the end of gallas imo with a new cb brought being his replacement. Although my first choice would be micah richards, hes everything that is an Arsene Wenger signing

Udinese are holding out for £15m, so maybe it'll be the end of his interest.

Wenger changing his approach a bit?

But he's English. ;)

But he's English. ;)

Apart from that bit :p

If he does go for any inflated english prices this summer maybe it means he feels that this 6+5 whatever JUNK rule it is is going to come into place?

And i dont think Wenger is changing his approach, he is just signing a young quality palyer still, like he always does, unfortunatelythis one is on he radar so he has to spend more?

Arsenal and Liverpool.

Your "No fucker out of Cardiff"is bull s***, we scouted him as a kid and he chose to join Cardiff.

Alright, settle down ffs. I was talking about general football fans. Obviously scouts knew about him.

Anyway, hopefully he chooses us to get regular football instead of rotting on the bench at United or Arsenal.

Arsenal and Liverpool.

Your "No fucker out of Cardiff"is bull s***, we scouted him as a kid and he chose to join Cardiff.

Alright, settle down ffs. I was talking about general football fans. Obviously scouts knew about him.

Anyway, hopefully he chooses us to get regular football instead of rotting on the bench at United or Arsenal.

Come on, you know he would get chances at Arsenal as he would rarely at United. Do you really think he is promised so much first team football at Everton?

Arsenal and Liverpool.

Come on, you know he would get chances at Arsenal as he would rarely at United. Do you really think he is promised so much first team football at Everton?

He'd get chances in the team at Arsenal but nowhere near as many starts so he could stagnate. It could be argued this has happened to Walcott, it definitely happened to Diarra.