Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest nufc_geordie

£32 million seems a bit extreme like. Maybe £20 million I would say is more realistic in the current market. Can't believe they want to sell him though. Bentner isn't in the same class and van Persie is injury prone. Walcott hasn't developed as quickly as expected although he is on his way. Would probably mean Wenger would have to sign another forward. Alan Smith?

Guest icemanblue

SSN were reporting earlier that Jo has gone to man city and Ronaldinho could follow him.

Spurs deal for Dos Santos also seems to have stalled

Flying over tomorrow apparently.  Also did an interview for Azteca TV ..................

http://www.yucatan.com.mx/noticia.asp?cx=10$0405060000$3835360&f=20080604

Google translation: 

Giovani is Tottenham, said the player

11:12 p.m.

Drafting Multimedia

In an interview broadcast on Television Azteca rest of the match tonight in San Diego, between Mexico and Argentina, the Mexican striker Giovani dos Santos announced that it will play next season with Tottenham of the English league.

Although it had several offers, the team's English was attractive, plus who knows the technical eleven London Juande Ramos, according to the player said in an interview taped in advance.

The transfer to Tottenham Giovani had already been given as moored for some days, although it said the English club wanted to make sure that the Mexican was good of the operation in the left ankle which he practiced after completing his latest commitment to the Barcelona Spanish.

His father apparently also confirmed his brother Jonathon would be joining him at Spurs.   When the deal is announced, it's widely expected that there will be at least one other player announced at the same time.

And the much-touted medical, Mr. Jol?

According to BBC Adebayor has agreed terms with AC Milan although the transfer fee between clubs is proving a stick point.

Arsenal's squad starting to look worryingly thin. Flamini,Hleb and Adebayor out are 3 very key first teamers.

Are people seriously worried about Arsenal here?!

I'd be worried about AC Milan as they are getting fleeced. This would be one of the biggest heists of the century. Adebayor has had one decent season and was very much a product of the Arsenal way of playing. Italy is probably the the worst place for him. I think he would flop there, where the defences tend to sit back and not allow much space. A £26 million profit!!! Yes please.

Watcj Arsenal bring in Eto'o or Fabiano or someone like that which would be an instant upgrade.

Wenger still as brilliant as ever.

I'd be worried about AC Milan as they are getting fleeced. This would be one of the biggest heists of the century.

that's pretty much what i was thinking, he's had a good season but there's no way he's worth that much £.

if wenger manages to get that much for him it's a definite hats off

Guest kingdawson

I'd be worried about AC Milan as they are getting fleeced. This would be one of the biggest heists of the century. Adebayor has had one decent season and was very much a product of the Arsenal way of playing. Italy is probably the the worst place for him. I think he would flop there, where the defences tend to sit back and not allow much space. A £26 million profit!!! Yes please.

Watcj Arsenal bring in Eto'o or Fabiano or someone like that which would be an instant upgrade.

Fabiano better than Adebayor? not in a million years.

:lol:

Someone get this man a doctor as he has lost his freakin' mind!

You would have Adebayor ahead of Fabiano?!

I'm finding it very hard not to insult you right now.

Has he got people lined up though because if he hasn't prices are going to go up and Eto'o is miles out of Arsenals wage structure limit unless they're going to break it but then Fabregas, Toure, Gallas et al will want new contracts and it makes the Flamini situation look silly.

Has he got people lined up though because if he hasn't prices are going to go up and Eto'o is miles out of Arsenals wage structure limit unless they're going to break it but then Fabregas, Toure, Gallas et al will want new contracts and it makes the Flamini situation look silly.

Wage limit?

How much do you think they were paying Henry then?

They will pay the players who are deserving enough and who have proven enough. Adebayor and Flamini hadn't. Simple as that.

Wage limit?

How much do you think they were paying Henry then?

They will pay the players who are deserving enough and who have proven enough. Adebayor and Flamini hadn't. Simple as that.

Probably a fair bit but not as much as Eto'o will want I would imagine.

Henry was also pretty much a one-man team at Arsenal, Eto'o won't be. Eto'o for all his worth is unproven in the Premiership too.

Guest kingdawson

I actually watch spanish football an awful lot and no way in hell is Fabiano a better player than Adebayor. The guy is like 27 years old now and this has been his only successful season (probably because he's trying to get a new contract). He was super shite at Porto and was wank for sevilla until now. He's pacey and also a good finisher but Adebayor has much more to his game, plus he's younger too. Fabiano has always been a bit part player for which ever club he has played for (dont know much about his career at sao paulo tbh) and only now is he doing something of note.

If wenger replaces Adebayor with luis fabiano, Arsenal will be a much weaker team and i'd be laughing my head off (sadly i know Wenger isnt retarded).

Eto'o's (that looks weird :lol:) performances against prem teams in the champions league have been convincing enough, besides he excelled for Barca who play a similar brand of football to Arsenal. He has the pace, dribbling and finishing to be effective in the prem. He is a world class striker.

Like I said I'm sure Arsenal can afford to pay top dollar if they deem the player good enough.

Eto'o's (that looks weird :lol:) performances against prem teams in the champions league have been convincing enough, besides he excelled for Barca who play a similar brand of football to Arsenal. He has the pace, dribbling and finishing to be effective in the prem. He is a world class striker.

Like I said I'm sure Arsenal can afford to pay top dollar if they deem the player good enough.

Although I agree they can and should as Eto'o is world class, I'm not sure they'd be willing to. Should be looking to get him in alongside Adebayor i reckon.

I actually watch spanish football an awful lot and no way in hell is Fabiano a better player than Adebayor. The guy is like 27 years old now and this has been his only successful season (probably because he's trying to get a new contract). He was super s**** at Porto and was w*** for sevilla until now. He's pacey and also a good finisher but Adebayor has much more to his game, plus he's younger too. Fabiano has always been a bit part player for which ever club he has played for (dont know much about his career at sao paulo tbh) and only now is he doing something of note.

If wenger replaces Adebayor with luis fabiano, Arsenal will be a much weaker team and i'd be laughing my head off (sadly i know Wenger isnt retarded).

You want to talk about history do you? Who the hell was Adebayor before he went to Arsenal?

By the way Fabiano's record for Sao Paulo is phenomenal.

The only thing Adebayor has over Fabiano is height and athleticism and nothing else. His touch, technique, finishing skills and brain are nowhere near Fabiano's. How you can argue this is beyond me.

Guest kingdawson

brain? i know for a fact you havent watched him play much now tbh. Fabiano does not have a footballing brain. He makes good runs and finishes well but have you actually seen the chances kanoute has layed on a plate for him? Freddie Kanoute is the brain in that partnership and Fabiano wouldnt have scored that many goals if it wasnt for him.

Kanoute has been playing a deeper role in order to accomadate Fabiano (hence him not scoring as many goals this season). Fabiano is not a team player and cannot create something out of nothing (something Adebayor does regularly). Adebayor this season has had to lead the line and im 100% sure Fabiano would not be able to do this if called upon to do so.