Other clubs' transfers

Dave

What kind of system is Hughes planning on playing to keep all these strikers happy.

Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Adebayor, they always seem to be linked with signing loads of strikers.

robinho  :pow:

Aye, but he's more flexible than the others, they'll just stick him on the left wing or something to fit all the mega stars in up front. Bellamy can play on the wing, can't he?  :shifty:

I thought thats why him and souness fell out as he told him to piss off.

What kind of system is Hughes planning on playing to keep all these strikers happy.

Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Adebayor, they always seem to be linked with signing loads of strikers.

robinho  :pow:

Aye, but he's more flexible than the others, they'll just stick him on the left wing or something to fit all the mega stars in up front. Bellamy can play on the wing, can't he?  :shifty:

I thought thats why him and souness fell out as he told him to piss off.

it was for being subbed at Charlton after he had just scored and was our only goal threat entire match.

Guest Stephen927

They're locked in talks for Adebayor, he's basically a better Santa Cruz, so that was a wasted signing unless they just want very good back-up players.

They'll shift players like Benjani (why did they sign him again?) and Caicedo, but they'll still be left with too much competition for places though I doubt many will complain about being on the bench when they're picking up their millions over the years.

Guest Stephen927

Two more have got deals following time at Glenn Hoddle's academy.

12.15 Dave Cowley and Lino Goncalves have secured contracts at Recreativo Huelva after benefitting from the Glenn Hoddle Academy (GHA).

Read an article about that Glenn Hoddle Academy at the weekend. Very noble thing he's doing but the business model's a bit iffy.

He's basically bankrolled it in the hope of flogging on the revitalised/further developed players. It didn't mention whether or not GHA include any form of sell on clauses - presumably they must.

Fair play though - always nice to see these lads with potential given a second go.

Guest Stephen927

Read an article about that Glenn Hoddle Academy at the weekend. Very noble thing he's doing but the business model's a bit iffy.

He's basically bankrolled it in the hope of flogging on the revitalised/further developed players. It didn't mention whether or not GHA include any form of sell on clauses - presumably they must.

Fair play though - always nice to see these lads with potential given a second go.

Probably does have a sell on clause, or gets a small percentage of the wage. He has to get something back when he's put so much money in.

Probably does have a sell on clause, or gets a small percentage of the wage. He has to get something back when he's put so much money in.

Yeah they do - they get a development fee - which is like a transfer fee but because the players cost so little (about £120k seems the average so far) I wondered whether or not they have a sell-on clause too.

if man city get tevez and adebayor it will mean they have 10 strikers.....little shit bellamy wont get a look in...i said it when shay signed that in 12 months they would have a better keeper than him and hed be keeping the bench warm

I really like Craig Bellamy for some reason... odious little bastard but I loved it when he played for us. I was really sorry to see him go.

As much as we really could've done (and still could do) with a player sharing his characteristics last year (pace, tenacity, aggression etc) I'd be inclined to stay away from Bellamy the character.

We wouldn't have went down last year with a fit Bellamy but then you could say that about a load of ex-players.

Guest kingdawson

Chris Gunter going on loan to Forest with an option to buy.

Subject to personal terms, Adel Tarrabt going to Malaga with an option to buy.

Spurs in talks with Kyle Walker.

What's the point in Walker. I mean he's looked v.good when i've seen him but how many rb's do we need ffs (didn't he play lb in the playoff final?). Anyway it looks like both Gunter and Chimbonda will be sold so maybe that's why we're getting him (although we'd still have Corluka and Hutton).

Guest kingdawson

SSN saying Fergie wont be buying any more players this Summer. Interesting.

Utter bollocks imo. They'll sign more players for sure.

I'd be amazed if they didn't buy at least two more players before the window closes.

If not, they'll struggle to win the title imo.

Utter bollocks imo. They'll sign more players for sure.

It's just a feeble attempt at keeping the asking prices down. Every fucker knows they've still got sixty-odd million burning a hole in their pocket.