Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

So it seems Sheff Utd have been utter twats regarding Naughton. Now refusing to talk to us after Spurs offered £8m for him and Walker.

I can see a hatred of Sheff Utd solely based on this emerging  :aww:

Even more so if the lad makes the idiotic move to WHL.

If he does come to us, like he says he wants to, I'd have to give a large 'lol' in the direction of

a) Spurs: The amazing 'wheeler dealer' 'arry at the 'elm, who apparently would rather hijack another club's bid,

and b) Sheff Utd, for being dicks generally.

Why are they being dicks? Refusing a smaller bid?

They agreed a fee with us, but since Spurs came sniffing about, they've suddenly pulled out and are refusing to let Naughton speak to us, even though it's where he wants to go.

You lot should simply match our bid then. Isn't like 500k or a mill we're talking about here?. If you really want him, you'd match our bid.

How many right backs have you got now? Greedy fuckers!  :razz:

I know mate. It really makes no sense. Even if we ship out Chimbonda and Gunter(big mistake) we'd still have Corluka and Hutton. I think we've told Sheffield united that we'd be willing to loan them the 2 players back which is a bigger reason why they'd rather do business with us then Everton. Then Hutton will probs be sold and Nauthon will step in.

"I was there for two years and Sir Alex never called or sent any text messages in that time," countered Tevez, who also denied any deal with City had been agreed in January 2009.

"The only time he talked to me was after a match against Roma to discuss a situation about going to play for Argentina.

"It doesn't seem that this is the way to treat a player in two years at the club. It doesn't seem there is a line of communication."

martin petrov would be worth going for if we just get our act together first. think his city days are numbered really.

Who is 'we'?

sorry, i meant the cockney mafia.

You mean Newcastle? Why on earth would an established Premier League and international footballer drop down to the fizzy pop league? :lol:

well, he's kinda getting on now and I think he's had a couple of bad injuries. Not sure if Man City will see him to their standards anymore even though i still think he's a very good player.

martin petrov would be worth going for if we just get our act together first. think his city days are numbered really.

Who is 'we'?

sorry, i meant the cockney mafia.

You mean Newcastle? Why on earth would an established Premier League and international footballer drop down to the fizzy pop league? :lol:

well, he's kinda getting on now and I think he's had a couple of bad injuries. Not sure if Man City will see him to their standards anymore even though i still think he's a very good player.

He will be another premier clubs standard though, has the ability to walk into a lot of teams.

Guest kingdawson

Italian sports paper, the Corriere dello Sport and other Italian sources have announced that "Patrick Vieira will sign a 12 month contract with Premier League side, Tottenham Hotspur FC, by July 22nd".

The Italian radio stations have also run the story stating that "Vieira has announced that he will be leaving Milan and returning to London to play for Tottenham Hotspur".

"Vieira also has an option to sign for Fulham, but has decided to move to Tottenham Hotspur as he is personal friends with the Tottenham Hotspur head coach, Harry Redknapp", added the radio station.

Yipeeee horrayyy i'm sooooo happy :facepalm:.

So it seems Sheff Utd have been utter twats regarding Naughton. Now refusing to talk to us after Spurs offered £8m for him and Walker.

If he does come to us, like he says he wants to, I'd have to give a large 'lol' in the direction of

a) Spurs: The amazing 'wheeler dealer' 'arry at the 'elm, who apparently would rather hijack another club's bid,

They agreed a fee with us, but since Spurs came sniffing about, they've suddenly pulled out and are refusing to let Naughton speak to us, even though it's where he wants to go.

You lot should simply match our bid then. Isn't like 500k or a mill we're talking about here?. If you really want him, you'd match our bid.

Spurs have offered £5m cash plus a 20% sell on.

Ridiculous way to do business when a £4m plus incentives offer had been agreed with another club. Offering stupid money to try and get a player who doesn't even want to join you? Great transfer policy.

I'd like us to sign Naughton but if his club and agents push him to Spurs for the extra cash then I'm sure we'll find another decent player. I'd rather not see the club give in to daft demands when a deal is reneged on at the last minute.

Guest kingdawson

Ridiculous way to do business when a £4m plus incentives offer had been agreed with another club. Offering stupid money to try and get a player who doesn't even want to join you? Great transfer policy.

I'd like us to sign Naughton but if his club and agents push him to Spurs for the extra cash then I'm sure we'll find another decent player. I'd rather not see the club give in to daft demands when a deal is reneged on at the last minute.

Sorry but where is this from?. I don't believe Everton itk's as much as i don't believe the spurs ones. If he doesn't want to join then he'll reject us. Sorry again i'll ask,  how do you know the exact figure and sell on %?.

Sorry but where is this from?. I don't believe Everton itk's as much as i don't believe the spurs ones. If he doesn't want to join then he'll reject us. Sorry again i'll ask,  how do you know the exact figure and sell on %?.

The figures are from papers and "ITKs".

Maybe not info that is 100% accurate but even common sense tells you that he wants to come here, otherwise Spurs would have just matched the bid and let the player choose instead of having to try and blow us out of the water financially.

Guest kingdawson

I think it's safe to say he'd prefer to go to you as he'd more likely get first team football but i don't agree that he doesn't want to come to us until i hear it from him or his agent.

As i said before, just match our bid then there's no problem.

Also think we should go after Poulsen to sure up our central midfield. Wouldn't think Juve would ask that much for him, and with Diego and Melo (I think?) gone there, I'd expect they wouldn't be fussed about keeping Poulsen. I'd assume, anyway.

I think it's safe to say he'd prefer to go to you as he'd more likely get first team football but i don't agree that he doesn't want to come to us until i hear it from him or his agent.

Why match it when our original offer was shaken on?

I don't want the club giving in to stupid demands from shitehawks like Kevin McCabe and Sheffield United.

Guest kingdawson

Why match it when our original offer was shaken on?

I don't want the club giving in to stupid demands from shitehawks like Kevin McCabe and Sheffield United.

Eh? because another club has come in and bid more?. What idiotic club would agree to sell to the club who's bid the smaller amount?. Yes you probably had an agreement but can you really blame Sheffield united for wanting more when another club has outbidded you?.

Sorry 1878,  i agree with KD it would piss me off but still to a small especially that size (or any club that does its business in its right way) would be fucking idiots to let a player go somewhere just because he likes them.

Sorry 1878,  i agree with KD it would piss me off but still to a small especially that size (or any club that does its business in its right way) would be fucking idiots to let a player go somewhere just because he likes them.

Me, too. Bidding more is a no-brainer. The player's current club will put pressure on him to sign for the club offering more. He can always refuse, of course, but it's still a sound tactic.

To other clubs, shaking on a deal is just notification that the player is available.

Sorry 1878,  i agree with KD it would piss me off but still to a small especially that size (or any club that does its business in its right way) would be f***ing idiots to let a player go somewhere just because he likes them.

Me, too. Bidding more is a no-brainer. The player's current club will put pressure on him to sign for the club offering more. He can always refuse, of course, but it's still a sound tactic.

To other clubs, shaking on a deal is just notification that the player is available.

Newcastle + Michael Owen  :snod:

It's a business. They're trying to get as much money as possible for their player, which is particularly logical given that he's one of their best and the club they're selling to are not only in europe but have been earning shitloads of TV money by virtue of being in the premiership for the last few years.

I'm not so much disputing the fact they want as much money as possible; that's understandable. It's the way they're refusing to even let him speak to us.

Anyway it seems the game's changed now, we've offered the same deal Spurs are, so it's up to the 2 kids to come to a decision. Footballing reasons vs other reasons, basically.

I'm not so much disputing the fact they want as much money as possible; that's understandable. It's the way they're refusing to even let him speak to us.

Anyway it seems the game's changed now, we've offered the same deal Spurs are, so it's up to the 2 kids to come to a decision. Footballing reasons vs other reasons, basically.

Presumably if they did that, you were offering the same wages and he wanted to join you he'd just dig his heels in, forcing them to take less money?

Hope he goes to you tbh, much less detestable club than Spurs. Then I guess that's sort of like being called a less evil leader than Hitler.

And one would have to assume that Hitler would have hated Spurs more than any of us.

Not sure I follow. If the money's the same and they both want to go to you then what's the problem? Are you saying that footballing reasons mean they'll choose Spurs?

:pow:

Good, hope they make the right choice.