Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Mackems trying their best to sign D. Bent. Would be great signing I've always rated him.

Bruce comments suggest they're willing to pay over the odds for him too.

To be fair Spurs paid well over the odds for him too.. how much would over the odds be compared to what you forked out for him?

Bent was £12 m with £4m in clauses. Think Sunderland will probably pay upwards of 12 million so that would be a tidy sum for a player who hasn't lived up to expectation.

Edit:

Everton, 11:33, July 26, 2009

Everton have agreed a £7million fee with Tottenham for Scotland international Alan Hutton after he was deemed surplus to requirements.

Hutton's future at White Hart Lane has been in doubt for some time following a run of injuries and the arrival of full-back Kyle Naughton at the club has seemingly only helped to seal the 24-year-old's fate.

Everton have reportedly agreed a fee with Spurs after ongoing negotiations and Hutton will now hold talks with David Moyes in a bid to agree personal terms with the Toffees.

Hutton only moved to White Hart Lane in January 2008 and initially had a big impact on the side before his first full season was interrupted by injury and he was limited to making just eight appearances last season.

I predicted this a while back :thup:.

Guest firetotheworks

£7m.... meh, in today's market it's alright. Think he could flourish under Moyes and is exactly what we're looking for at RB.

If he can stay fit...

Haven't you really needed a RB for the last 5 seasons? If not, it seems that way from the outside.

They've never replaced Pistone tbh. ;)

LB tbh  :pow:

Didn't he play RB for Everton though with Naysmith LB?

Also played a fair bit at RB in his time here, including the '98 FA Cup Final where Dalglish put him there so his pace would combat Overmars...only for Overmars to rape him for his goal.

Pompey accept £10m for Crouch from Spurs.

That's a fantastic signing, he will score 20+ next season with the likes of Lennon Keane and Modric setting him up.

Mackems trying their best to sign D. Bent. Would be great signing I've always rated him.

Bruce comments suggest they're willing to pay over the odds for him too.

To be fair Spurs paid well over the odds for him too.. how much would over the odds be compared to what you forked out for him?

To be fair, who HAVEN'T Spurs paid well over the odds for the last 1-2 years?

Modric, Palacios, Woodgate, Assou-Ekotto

Guest kingdawson

£7m.... meh, in today's market it's alright. Think he could flourish under Moyes and is exactly what we're looking for at RB.

If he can stay fit...

He's a good player but Corluka is much better than him. He hasn't really performed for us and is very injury prone and his off field activity is alarming to say the least.

If he can stay fit...

He's a good player but Corluka is much better than him. He hasn't really performed for us and is very injury prone and his off field activity is alarming to say the least.

Are we talking about Hutton here or Ledley King?

Guest kingdawson

The best part of £35m was spent on the first three in that list, so hardly bargains are they?

The question was who havn't we paid over the odds for not 'what bargains have we found'. The list Defo has is accurate plus you can add Corluka to it.

Now let me ask a question, name a player who's left us recently that we havn't absolutle conned the buying club with an absurd price?.

Guest kingdawson

If he can stay fit...

Are we talking about Hutton here or Ledley King?

Ledley King doesn't beat up his dad, Ledley King isn't a coke head.

The best part of £35m was spent on the first three in that list, so hardly bargains are they?

In a world where bobby zamora costs 5mill they are exceptional value for money

Guest kingdawson

Keane - £20Mill :mackems:

Berbatov -£30.75mill :mackems:

Zokora - £9 mill :mackems:

Chimbonda , Tainio and Steed - £18 mill  :mackems:

Kaboul - 6 mill (can't really laugh as we paid 8m :undecided:.........but he had a disastorous season and we still recouped 6m so  :iamatwat:)

But when you pay over-inflated fees yourself for players, that balances out.

That's an interesting perspective but I think Man City have destroyed any notion of balancing the books in terms of transfers - it now comes down to running a sound business with disposable income being dependent on the fiscal health of the plc or whatever set up you have.

You can't run a business based on projected transfer revenue streams when there's someone out there dropping financial explosives left right and centre with no need for dependence on the business model that dictates everyone elses transfer activity.

It's grab proven quality when you can (e.g. Crouch, Downing) and sit back and watch City work.

They've never replaced Pistone tbh. ;)

LB tbh  :pow:

Didn't he play RB for Everton though with Naysmith LB?

Also played a fair bit at RB in his time here, including the '98 FA Cup Final where Dalglish put him there so his pace would combat Overmars...only for Overmars to rape him for his goal.

Pistone played the vast majority of his football at left back for us.

Well, I say football....

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1733644,00.html

TERRY: TOTALLY COMMITTED

Posted on: Sun 26 Jul 2009

John Terry has released the following statement:

'There has been a lot of speculation recently about my future and I want to clear this up once and for all. I am totally committed to Chelsea and always have been. Chelsea have also made it clear to me consistently that there was never any intention to accept any kind of offer.

'When you are linked with any club, or with a manager who I have huge respect for, it will always make headlines but me leaving Chelsea was never a possibility.

'I know there has been comment that I should have made a statement earlier. However, throughout this period there have been numerous discussions between myself, the owner and the Chelsea Board and we all agreed that the timing of any statement would suit everyone involved in those talks, not any outside influences or agendas.

'What is clear to me following those discussions is that Chelsea's ambition remains as high as ever.This has been further proved by the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti. I am certain that he will take this club on to the next level.

'Another important factor was knowing that Chelsea would be securing key current players for the long term. The strengthening of the squad around this core is crucial to pushing us onto greater success.

'I am as committed as ever to helping drive Chelsea forward and I will be proud to lead the team for as long as I can.'