Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Harewood's basically s***. I only have time for him because he's (for the most part) better than we've got.

and then you say Carroll and Shola are better than him?????????????

Are you getting confused with your opinion of Beckford and Andy Cole again?

Goose

So why is Danny Rose listed in our 25? if it's just an age issue.

Edit...and Naughton too.

Danny Rose is probably classed as home grown and club grown, you need 5 club and 8 home.

It's probably already been said like by now.

anchester United have confirmed the signing of Vitoria de Guimaraes striker Bebe, a relatively unknown 20-year-old from Portuguese football, for reported fee of £ 7.4 million.

Sir Alex Ferguson has some decisions to make

GettyImages

Sir Alex Ferguson has eight strikers on the books

Bebe, full name Tiago Manuel Dias Correia, has agreed personal terms and will become the eighth striker on the books at Old Trafford, subject to passing a medical.

The forward was recommended to United by Sir Alex Ferguson's former assistant Carlos Queiroz, now manager of the Portugal national team, and had also been closely linked with Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid.

The Guardian reports that Bebe was raised in an orphanage after spending part of his childhood on the streets and has represented Portugal in the homeless World Cup.

The 6'2" striker made a name for himself at Vitoria after joining from Estrela da Amadora and, despite his tender years, has a strong physical presence as well as technical aptitude, vision and good passing skills.

Manure have signed Portuguese striker Bebe, 20, from Vitória de Guimarães for £7.4m. Deal done today

Weird signing. Guy has only played in the Portuguese third division and they already have a boatload of young strikers to test Old Trafford's new benches with.

if we are after youngsters how come we don't get this sort of players? It is insane we are not making any progress in anything.

Those kind of players cost about £7.4m more than we have to spend mate.

anchester United have confirmed the signing of Vitoria de Guimaraes striker Bebe, a relatively unknown 20-year-old from Portuguese football, for reported fee of £ 7.4 million.

He'll be up there with Manucho, Dong, Diouf and Welbeck. No doubt.

Guest kingdawson

Edit...and Naughton too.

Danny Rose is probably classed as home grown and club grown, you need 5 club and 8 home.

But Naughton and Walker are not club grown? meh i'm confused.

Edit...and Naughton too.

But Naughton and Walker are not club grown? meh i'm confused.

No, if anything (thinking about it again) i'd have thought Bale would be around that for you by now.

Guest kingdawson

---------------------------------------Gomes---------------------------------------

Corluka----------------Dawson------------------King-----------------------Bale

--------------------------Hudds/palacios---- Modric-----------------------------

-----------Lennon-----------------------Ireland-------------------Bellamy--------

-------------------------------------------Remy-------------------------------------

That's my prediction for our first choice team when this window is over.

Guest kingdawson

Can't see Defoe being dropped.

I can. Redknapp has pretty much said we'll be playing 4-5-1 and he was pretty damning of Defoe's performances at the end of last season. He can no way play the lone striker role, that's for sure.