Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Deep456

You coming out with this type of f***ing drivel is entirely relevant tbh.  :lol:

to do with*

Jon thanks from sending me a pm saying "I have a massive ****".

Guest Deep456

You coming out with this type of f***ing drivel is entirely relevant tbh.  :lol:

to do with*

Jon thanks from sending me a pm saying "You are a massive ****".

:lol: I twist other people's words and think I am a clown of the highest order. Also I like to shiet myself it makes me feel great.

Guest Deep456

Apparently Chelsea have ended their interest in Arshavin so Arsenal are in pole position. A cheeky £25million bid maybe?

Pathetic, to be honest other posters have come here to read about other clubs transfers not to listen to you two whinge on like a pair of fannies, can't you take it to PM?

Guest Deep456

What would be cheeky about offering more than they want?

Well I meant cheeky in the sense of Newcastle getting an early bid in. That bid may not be matched amd Zenit will only give Arshavin the choice to join us. Especially seeing as though Arsenal seem (according to the press) to be the only club in for Arshavin atm and Arsene has come out today to say they must sell their best players to buy cheaper ones for the next 17 years.

Well I meant cheeky in the sense of Newcastle getting an early bid in. That bid may not be matched amd Zenit will only give Arshavin the choice to join us. Especially seeing as though Arsenal seem (according to the press) to be the only club in for Arshavin atm and Arsene has come out today to say they must sell their best players to buy cheaper ones for the next 17 years.

Fair enough. Personally I don't think he's worth anything like £25m.

On the basis he was "potentially" only worth under £10m about 5 games ago I think thats fair enough.

Not even in today's market? The lad is top draw, has been for a couple of years now and he can only get better. The fact is in today's ridiculously over inflated market he's probably worth £25 million of anyone's money...

Not even in today's market? The lad is top draw, has been for a couple of years now and he can only get better. The fact is in today's ridiculously over inflated market he's probably worth £25 million of anyone's money...

Possibly of a club which can afford to throw away big money on players near their peak.

As LLLO pointed out, before the Euros he was supposedly going for about £10m. Two good games and that goes up 150%? Do me a favour.

He looks a very good player, don't get me wrong. But considering his age and the wages he'd want, £25m? No way.

Don't think Arshavin is worth more than £12m to any club myself.

I'd start getting nervous at the £15m mark, anything more than that then i'm quite happy to see that ship sale past us.

Don't think Arshavin is worth more than £12m to any club myself.

I'd start getting nervous at the £15m mark, anything more than that then i'm quite happy to see that ship sale past us.

Agree with that.

The fact is in a world where Wayne Rooney is worth £30 million, Luka Modric is worth £18 million and Alan Smith is worth £6 million, Arshavin is worth £25 million, he has the rare ability to both score and create and the fact he is a "late bloomer" suggests the best is to come.

Just because people had never previously heard of him it doesn't mean the quality wasn't there.

Guest Deep456

As LLLO pointed out, before the Euros he was supposedly going for about £10m. Two good games and that goes up 150%? Do me a favour.

He looks a very good player, don't get me wrong. But considering his age and the wages he'd want, £25m? No way.

Yes but if you think about it. Before Euro 2008, despite wining the UEFA cup with Zenit, he was still very much an unproven quantity. But, now that he has delivered in one of the biggest stages of International Football, you can see exactly what you are getting.  Although £25million is a bit steep, I would certainly pay it out on someone who can get us to the next level and if he manages to get us into the UEFA cup in 2008/2009 then he has paid back a large bulk of that fee.

Yes but if you think about it. Before Euro 2008, despite wining the UEFA cup with Zenit, he was still very much an unproven quantity. But, now that he has delivered in one of the biggest stages of International Football, you can see exactly what you are getting.  Although £25million is a bit steep, I would certainly pay it out on someone who can get us to the next level and if he manages to get us into the UEFA cup in 2008/2009 then he has paid back a large bulk of that fee.

UEFA cup football makes you peanuts.

I'm sure you've got to reach the semi's to get past the £3m mark.

Two good games and he's proven himself?  Do you remember a player called Poborsky?

Guest Deep456

UEFA cup football makes you peanuts.

I'm sure you've got to reach the semi's to get past the £3m mark.

I stand corrected.

The fact is in a world where Wayne Rooney is worth £30 million, Luka Modric is worth £18 million and Alan Smith is worth £6 million, Arshavin is worth £25 million, he has the rare ability to both score and create and the fact he is a "late bloomer" suggests the best is to come.

Just because people had never previously heard of him it doesn't mean the quality wasn't there.

A lot of people including myself knew about him before E2008, and even with a couple of great games on the big stage, he's still a risk, at £25m this club simply cannot afford a risk like it.

Guest Deep456

Two good games and he's proven himself?  Do you remember a player called Poborsky?

Well that and the qualfiers and he is Russia's captain for a reason.