Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I gather that Dave doesn't like defensive/holding midfield players, but the guy is fantastic. Stop judging him on that West Ham match from 2006. He's a different player now. Consistently a top performer in the Premiership, Champions League and on the international stage with Argentina.

I gather that Dave doesn't like defensive/holding midfield players, but the guy is fantastic. Stop judging him on that West Ham match from 2006. He's a different player now. Consistently a top performer in the Premiership, Champions League and on the international stage with Argentina.

Who the hell's basing him on one game. :lol:

I`m not sure, Moratti seem to be looking to secure the financial situation for the long term, which i agree totally on.

There are some high earners at the club and the squad is as good as last year.

I really see no reason to stir up too much.

Balo really needed to go, been obvious too long now without action to it, i`m glad he's going.

I think Coutinho or Biabiany will step into Balotelli's place this season. They're probably not as talented, but their attitudes are much better. Balotelli was just a squad player last season after all.

Coutinho looks a really good player and his attitude is very un-Brazilian like. Seems focused on his football rather than other distractions  :shifty:

Masch is the best DM in the world.

Esteban Cambiasso says hi.

The best DM's are good at everything. It limits the team if they are only good at defending.

Mascherano's distribution is also good.  Nothing spectacular, but always finds the simple pass.

The best DM's are good at everything. It limits the team if they are only good at defending.

what in the hell does Masch brings that Cambiasso doesn't if i might ask?

if your pointing to involving in attack etc?

I don't particularly agree that Cambiasso is the best and yes I do think they should be fairly creative instead of a knucklehead. Essien, Schweinsteiger (not strictly a DM really), Barry etc are the kind of DM's I like.

Mascherano's distribution is also good.  Nothing spectacular, but always finds the simple pass.

Passing ability of nicky butt tbh.

Don't even pretend that Mascherano has any attacking qualities.

Cambiasso has been the best midfielder in Serie A for 5 years solid. Straight up beast defensively but offers a hell of a lot going forward aswell. Best free transfer in history and the best 'DM' in the world, imo.

I don't count Essien as a DM, btw.

Guest Heneage

He's vastly over-rated, and offers Liverpool very little, Cambiasso is a much better player.

Messi, absolutely nae cunt agrees with you :lol:

Cambiasso has been the best midfielder in Serie A for 5 years solid. Straight up beast defensively but offers a hell of a lot going forward aswell. Best free transfer in history and the best 'DM' in the world, imo.

Not the greateset deal of competition tbh. De Rossi and a few old men at Milan.

I think you're underselling Serie A.

De Rossi is Italy's version of Scott Brown though imo, I even rate Palombo higher than him.

Messi, absolutely nae c*** agrees with you :lol:

tbf he didn't say 'best in the world' but it would be interesting to hear if that's what he meant.

I think you're underselling Serie A.

De Rossi is Italy's version of Scott Brown though imo, I even rate Palombo higher than him.

That was just off the top of my head like, semi agree with you about De Rossi. Not saying Cambiasso isn't better than Mascherano like, not a fan of Mascherano and think he is fairly overrated, he is a fairly dirty player who's main skill seems to be getting away with more than he should. especially in foul numbers. I guess if his is job is to break up the game then he is superb at it but thats not a modern DM in way shape or form.

I'm not saying De Rossi is of the same level of Scott Brown, he's obviously a lot more talented. They remind me of each other though, both total knuckleheads on the pitch and off it and both have  overinflated transfer fees placed on their heads.

If De Rossi is Roma's future captain, I worry for them.