Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Luis Garcia signs for Spurs.

How come Jol didn't report this?

Because it's not official?

In fact, it's nothing more than a rumour at the moment.

Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal to sign Luis García from Espanyol after lengthy talks in Barcelona and he will be presented at White Hart Lane next Wednesday.

The Spanish international forward was also being tracked by Benfica, but Juande Ramos has stepped in and secured his services for a fee of around €12m, according to Marca.

Negotiations took place on Wednesday night in the Ciutat Contal between the player's agents, Juanma López and Cobeño together with Espanyol's lawyer, Vicente Montes.

Following that agreement, the player is set to finalise personal terms with the north London club before flying to England next week to undergo a medical and be presented to the media.

Tottenham have been after another striker since allowing Jermain Defoe to leave the club in the winter transfer window and Luis García's versatility is a key factor in Ramos' desire to sign him.

While many may see the move as a precursor to Dimitar Berbatov's departure, it is more likely that Tottenham wanted a player up front that could play on the left.

Benfica's Quique Sánchez Flores was also keen on the 27-year-old, who was Espanyol's top scorer in the leageu last term with 13 goals, but the lure of the Premier League was too strong.

Ramos has been linked with several Blanc i Blau players in the past, including Carlos Kameni and Daniel Jarque, but García is the first that he has actually made an official move for.

Guest icemanblue

Oh, if Goal.com said it, it must be true.

Time of the month mate?

That's his thing. That and pictures of people doing a 'facepalm'. He's quite diverse, you see.

Time of the month mate?

I just don't trust half the stuff Goal come out with. If Luis Garcia has really signed for Spurs then why have no other media outlets picked up on this yet?

To be fair he probably has but I'd never take Goal's words for definite before seeing them reiterated elsewhere.

Time of the month mate?

That's his thing. That and pictures of people doing a 'facepalm'. He's quite diverse, you see.

:lol:

Who are you, and what are you on about?

Time of the month mate?

I just don't trust half the stuff Goal come out with. If Luis Garcia has really signed for Spurs then why have no other media outlets picked up on this yet?

To be fair he probably has but I'd never take Goal's words for definite before seeing them reiterated elsewhere.

They've picked up on a story from Marca. It's certainly being reported in Spain.

Not saying it's true, but that's exactly why I would have thought Jol would have been on top of it by now. ;)

Rudi Skacel was all set to move from Southampton to Ipswich, but the deal looks unlikely with him having failed to agree personal terms. Not that anyone here cares.  :aww:

Guest icemanblue

Time of the month mate?

:lol:

Who are you, and what are you on about?

Er, well, me. I thought I captured your 'persona' pretty well.

Well done mate, just ruined your career by joining a nothing league, all because fener are in europe.

At least he didn't join the mackems. 

Well Majorca are a bit hard up at the minute, especially after we bum raped them for Jonas so maybe he didn't have much choice?

Guest kingdawson

Rafa Benitez has added some rather significant fuel to the flames surrounding the mooted transfer of Robbie Keane, revealing Liverpool ‘were in contact’ with Tottenham and 'will now see'.

Benitez ruled out the signing of Valencia’s David Villa on Thursday, insisting the Spaniard is on Liverpool’s list but ‘at this moment, not our target’.

However, Benitez then turned his attention to Keane, revealing The Reds are ‘still working’ on the transfer.

Beginning with Villa, The Liverpool boss told the club’s official website: "I said the other day that he is one of the names we had on our list, but I can say at this moment that it is not an option for us.

"We know Villa is a very good player, we know the price and we know the players we have, so when you consider everything we decided he was one of the names, but at this moment, not our target."

Turning to Keane, Benitez added: "Keane is one of the other names and okay we are still working with other names. We were in contact and we will see now."

The Liverpool’s manager’s comments come on the same day Spurs have been heavily linked with Espanyol forward Luis Garcia, whose playing style draws significant comparisons with Keane.

That Prick Benitez shit stirring again.

Rafa Benitez has added some rather significant fuel to the flames surrounding the mooted transfer of Robbie Keane, revealing Liverpool were in contact with Tottenham and 'will now see'.

Benitez ruled out the signing of Valencias David Villa on Thursday, insisting the Spaniard is on Liverpools list but at this moment, not our target.

However, Benitez then turned his attention to Keane, revealing The Reds are still working on the transfer.

Beginning with Villa, The Liverpool boss told the clubs official website: "I said the other day that he is one of the names we had on our list, but I can say at this moment that it is not an option for us.

"We know Villa is a very good player, we know the price and we know the players we have, so when you consider everything we decided he was one of the names, but at this moment, not our target."

Turning to Keane, Benitez added: "Keane is one of the other names and okay we are still working with other names. We were in contact and we will see now."

The Liverpools managers comments come on the same day Spurs have been heavily linked with Espanyol forward Luis Garcia, whose playing style draws significant comparisons with Keane.

That Prick Benitez shit stirring again.

He seriously believes with Keane in his side he can mount a title challenge? Keanes a bloody good player but Benitez is mad if he thinks he will transform their fortunes.

Surely Berbatov is more "do-able" than Keane?

Oh and yes Benitez is being a wanker with the way he's going about his transfers.

Arsenal rumoured to have stopped printing Adebayor shirts...

I hope Arsene has a plan.

I'm envious of you. If i were you i would have complete trust in Arsenes transfer plans. If he sells Adebayor for 30m, you will be laughing all the way to the bank.