Viduka faces maximum 6 months injury lay-off

Guest pistonism

Guest ObaStar

martins has not signed a new contract yet. it would have been announced. Crouch is pissed at benitez for putting the 15 mill price tag on him to scare off other clubs.

http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1143113.ece

PETER CROUCH has been left raging after boss Rafa Benitez slapped a £15million price tag on his head.

The Liverpool manager insisted yesterday that he will not let the beanpole striker leave on the cheap.

And the Spaniard is prepared to keep Crouch for the last year of his contract and lose him for nothing — rather than sell him for less than his transfer value.

But England star Crouch, 27, is outraged at Benitez’s stance — and he feels the Reds are going back on a pre-season gentleman’s agreement.

He is adamant Liverpool said they would help him engineer a move this summer, as long as he did the business when called on and did not kick up a fuss when left out.

Crouch believes he kept his side of the bargain and believes the extortionate price tag is an insult that will effectively mean seeing out his Anfield contract from the bench.

Portsmouth are desperately keen to take the 6ft 7in hitman back to Fratton Park but are not keen to pay much beyond £8m.

But Benitez said: “If we receive a very good offer — and by that I mean £15m — we will consider it. I’m happy to keep him.”

And the Spaniard is prepared to keep Crouch for the last year of his contract and lose him for nothing — rather than sell him for less than his transfer value.

That's one of the most illogical conclusions dreamt up by a member of the so called press in quite a while.

Even more reason to sign a new target man - Always thought that we would have to anyway, Viduka has only a year or two left, and that is when fit...CF is a priority as is creative midfielder another CB and left sided

midfielder if Zog leaves..

Guest Sniffer

I doubt if we'll see viduka much before Christmas or perhaps April when the weather picks up.

Nice pay day for the baby whale so he can retire in Oz having a good laugh on the money he milked from us.

I doubt if we'll see viduka much before Christmas or perhaps April when the weather picks up.

Nice pay day for the baby whale so he can retire in Oz having a good laugh on the money he milked from us.

Good point, he was in a spot of financial bother before he joined us.