The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advocaat on Arshavin leaving Zenit "That will happen, I have no doubts about that and we will have to start again,"

We have to show our interest in the player if we want to sign him. We will face competition from more attractive clubs and I just hope that we can offer the highest wages. That's all we have when we are competing with clubs that have European football next season.

I'd hope we use more than purely wages as a tool when bargaining like. Like showing them the facilities, the potential, the future. Get Keegan to sell them the club and the area. Don't just throw money at them.

Aye, we could take him to the Hoppings, that's coming up soon isn't it ? Even give him a couple of quid to spend n the "guess your age" guy or pay off one of the fortune tellers to tell him if he signs for NUFC he'll win the Champs League in 2009 and be voted World Player of the year and shag Ashley Cole's Mrs. 

Is he really going to give a fuk about the potential of the club being 27?

Throw money at him, only way he's coming here.

Anyway, hang on a minute here. Are you suggesting we're not very attractive to these players, and that we'll struggle to get them without paying extortionate wages? Because if so, why the complaining that nowt's happened?

So lets make it harder by having our manager miles away from the action.

We need every advantage we can get this summer, people will start to realise this when we miss out on the players we hoped would turn us around.

Advocaat on Arshavin leaving Zenit "That will happen, I have no doubts about that and we will have to start again,"

We have to show our interest in the player if we want to sign him. We will face competition from more attractive clubs and I just hope that we can offer the highest wages. That's all we have when we are competing with clubs that have European football next season.

I'd hope we use more than purely wages as a tool when bargaining like. Like showing them the facilities, the potential, the future. Get Keegan to sell them the club and the area. Don't just throw money at them.

Aye, we could take him to the Hoppings, that's coming up soon isn't it ? Even give him a couple of quid to spend n the "guess your age" guy or pay off one of the fortune tellers to tell him if he signs for NUFC he'll win the Champs League in 2009 and be voted World Player of the year and shag Ashley Cole's Mrs. 

You're right, fuck selling them the club and area. Fuck trying to get them to buy into NUFC.

Just pay them a load of money, after all that's worked great guns for us in the past.

Like i said before, we've got to role out the carpet, and we are going to have to mark up in wages.

We've got to make him think we want him more than anyone else.

3 days away to the dealine set by his club and KK's on holiday.

Anyway, hang on a minute here. Are you suggesting we're not very attractive to these players, and that we'll struggle to get them without paying extortionate wages? Because if so, why the complaining that nowt's happened?

We need every advantage we can get this summer, people will start to realise this when we miss out on the players we hoped would turn us around.

There is no 'action'. They're all on holiday or at Euro 2008. :lol:

My point is if you think we've got little or no chance on these players, you won't be complaining if they go elsewhere? I doubt it.

There is no 'action'. They're all on holiday or at Euro 2008. :lol:

My point is if you think we've got little or no chance on these players, you won't be complaining if they go elsewhere? I doubt it.

Depends on if we've stood about doing fuk all as we have done since Ashley arrived, then yes i will have a problem. If we miss out but went for it then really there's nothing but being gutted about it unless KK didn't bother to turn up to negotiations or is still on holiday when the player's deadline passes.

Like i said before, we've got to role out the carpet, and we are going to have to mark up in wages.

I agree, but I thought you said they won't give a fuck about all that? Money is the only reason they'd come here you said.

I'm not sure on this deadline, sounds to me like they've got a bid they are going to accept but are trying to whip up interest to try get someone to trump it.

I agree, but I thought you said they won't give a fuck about all that? Money is the only reason they'd come here you said.

I'm not sure on this deadline, sounds to me like they've got a bid they are going to accept but are trying to whip up interest to try get someone to trump it.

Money is going to be what swings it, he's not going to be bothered about the future, he wants to know what he's going to get now, what he's going to get for not playing in Europe. But we've still got to roll out the carpet and make him feel special, we need our manager perusing him, showing him about and trying to get him in to the club.

Probably (about deadline) which means we need to bid if it isn't us, and we need KK back for when the bid is accepted and the player starts talking.

Depends on if we've stood about doing fuk all as we have done since Ashley arrived, then yes i will have a problem. If we miss out but went for it then really there's nothing but being gutted about it unless KK didn't bother to turn up to negotiations or is still on holiday when the player's deadline passes.

What's your take on Modric then? This close to getting him and offered more money. Does that still count as standing about doing fuck all?

What's you take on Modric then? This close to getting him and offered more money. Does that still count as standing about doing fuck all?

KK didn't get involved, its a damn shame because i think he could have swung the player and the player decide his own future. Instead he just went with the moneymen.

But the rest of it i've got no problem with, i was excited we were moving early especially after winter knock backs, but that was it, it wasn't the rule it was the exception.

What's you take on Modric then? This close to getting him and offered more money. Does that still count as standing about doing fuck all?

KK didn't get involved, its a damn shame because i think he could have swung the player and the player decide his own future. Instead he just went with the moneymen.

But the rest of it i've got no problem with, i was excited we were moving early especially after winter knock backs, but that was it, it wasn't the rule it was the exception.

How do you know all that?

Quotes from him at the time suggested he wasn't there.

You're right, f*** selling them the club and area. f*** trying to get them to buy into NUFC.

Just pay them a load of money, after all that's worked great guns for us in the past.

i wasn't actually being ironic :) So you don't rate the Hoppings then ?

Suggested? Fair enough.

What about it being the exception rather than the rule? How do you know that?

I thought we'd established that Keegans back.

Back 'this week' I think, not yet.

In the chronicle yesterday it said "Keegan was on his way back from a holiday in the US today, but Terry Mac was an admirable stand-in for one of the most positive men in football."

By that reckoning I'd say he's back.

:thup:

Hopefully so. Might chill TT out a bit. :lol:

What's you take on Modric then? This close to getting him and offered more money. Does that still count as standing about doing f*** all?

Martin Jol posted an article about the Modric transfer which stated that Keegan did meet Modric anf his advisers and tried to sell the club to him. See the Modric thread.

Now i'm supposed to believe that. Unbelievable.  mackems.gif

Suggested? Fair enough.

What about it being the exception rather than the rule? How do you know that?

Where are all the other concrete bids?

What's you take on Modric then? This close to getting him and offered more money. Does that still count as standing about doing f*** all?

Martin Jol posted an article about the Modric transfer which stated that Keegan did meet Modric anf his advisers and tried to sell the club to him. See the Modric thread.

KK was there in the meeting with the Mamic brothers. The other thing is KK walked away thinking we had more or less signed the player. The Mamic brothers chose Spurs and not the player...The reasons are unclear.

KK was there in the meeting with the Mamic brothers. The other thing is KK walked away thinking we had more or less signed the player. The Mamic brothers chose Spurs and not the player...The reasons are unclear.

From the article Jol posted it stated that Levy played a jedi mind trick on the Mamic brothers and made them accept less money.

From the article Jol posted it stated that Levy played a jedi mind trick on the Mamic brothers and made them accept less money.

There was something in that deal that was Sith. :-X