Comolli Sucks

KaKa

fucking hell, another thread turns into celebrity death match

not really, if its true what he says, he could name all those top quality footballers quite easily. And whats more, he would do it too.

Ask yourself why he won't do it ?

...it goes the same way, every other day, so so boring.....

Its currently at the stage of:

"Well you're blatantly wrong and stupid AND you failed to answer my question back on the 15th May? when you've answered that THEN I'll consider your response valid."

NEMick strikes again :rolleyes:

(with all this talk about transfer forums, maybe these two can get their own forum...)

fucking hell, another thread turns into celebrity death match

not really, if its true what he says, he could name all those top quality footballers quite easily. And whats more, he would do it too.

What are the Admins going to do about this? It's like trolling for fucks sake.

Almost every thread longer than 6 pages has this shite in it and I'm bored.

f***ing hell, another thread turns into celebrity death match

Probably the same reason you dont answer questions yourself.

< sigh >

if you've got owt, ask.

However my take on things is this :

the manager runs the team and is responsible for the clubs results and the judgement of footballers.

The board run the club off the field and are also responsible for backing the manager as much as possible and allowing him to run the team. Newcastle United have made a few mistakes over the past 15 years, but overall made far more correct decisions, more than most in fact, and performance and results bear that out.

don't bother differing from that, because I won't be replying, because this is how it should be. In this case with mick, I'm asking him to name the players he was referring to, that achieved the same as the ones of the last 15 years.  Pretty straightforward.

League results don't bear out his claim, but there you go, it was his claim.

< sigh >

if you've got owt, ask.

However my take on things is this :

the manager runs the team and is responsible for the clubs results and the judgement of footballers.

The board run the club off the field and are also responsible for backing the manager as much as possible and allowing him to run the team. Newcastle United have made a few mistakes over the past 15 years, but overall made far more correct decisions, more than most in fact, and performance and results bear that out.

don't bother differing from that, because I won't be replying, because this is how it should be. In this case with mick, I'm asking him to name the players he was referring to, that achieved the same as the ones of the last 15 years.  Pretty straightforward.

League results don't bear out his claim, but there you go, it was his claim.

Newcastle United made there last best decision 8 years ago. 8 years later we're in no better position than we were when they made that decision. You can argue that we qualified for CL in those 8 years but it means very little when nothing comes of it for the club - which it didnt.

Im not going to argue with you, im aware of your blinkered views but thats my take.

you said that "we have always attracted the players". Of course we attract players, every club attracts players. Any buffoon can see that. The inference was that you said we have .

Clearly not the case. Our league positions clearly say this. You are totally without credibility. You can't name the names that you said you could.

Have another go at naming them ?

For your info, just to show that at least one of us can substantiate claims, the following is from issue 224 of "The Mag", with John Beresford.

"Kevin Keegan sold me a dream and reminded me years later how he had delivered his promise. I just hope that in the day of agents and Mr fix its that KK has the chance to speak to potential targets because if that happens they will follow him like the pied piper. He will tell them what they want to hear but he will mean it 100% - they guy is a genius at it. Me, Rob [Lee] and Alan [shearer], we have all shared banter as to how we signed for him and its very similar"

Its not the first time you have appeared to have been on a different planet, when something doesn't suit you.

So, names ? Back up your statement that we have always attracted high class players of the calibre of the last 10-15 years ? Its all yours ........

You don't even quote people without adding your own bits to try to change the context, I actually typed "since 1969 we've been unable to offer anybody a recent history of winning anything yet we've still attracted players right up until this time, regardless of what others have done in that time." 

If I'd meant that we'd "always attract high calibre players of the type that we have in the last 10-15 years" then that is what I'd have said.

having proved my point that its Keegans persuasive powers on a one to one basis that gets players signing, Thanks and good night.

I've taken that stupid bit out but it didn't prove your point which appeared to be that Keegan had to hear why players wanted to sign for us.  As I said somewhere else I agree that Keegan is a very important person when we're trying to bring new players to the club.

Guest kingdawson

"There is no buy-out clause in his current contract, the price depends on the market and on the eventual negotiations. "

Thats from Berbs' agent today. I know it isnt Modric but it shows that we dont operate in that way.

Guest Knightrider

You're deluded if you think you got Modric fair and square in a straight forward deal. I guarantee he'll be moved on within 2 years if he does the business for you as that's the kind of asset he represents to the Mamic brothers. A cash cow. Spurs are quite happy to do those kind of deals btw and there will be more than one on your books signed in similar fashion. Spurs see Modric as a player that can help them achieve Champions League football, which is the ultimate financial goal, not retaining players. That's why yous are a selling club in truth. Money is the ultimate goal. Spurs will happily shell out 16m on a player and won't fear losing that player 2 years down the line to a club paying 24m for example. Why do you think Comolli et al were brought in, to keep the conveyor belt rolling out these assets. Sign Modric, lose him. Sign another Modric. That's the aim. It's actually not a bad model to run a club on, but not one I'd particularly like to see at Newcastle.

Oh and Aspith, I don't know about others but I have no reason to make up wild fantasy about the Modric deal, I've never seen him play and have no reason whatsoever to be envious or embarrassed at losing out. I'm glad we didn't sign him, I'd rather that kind of money got spent on someone I at least know of.

What I do know though is that we wouldn't play ball with the Mamic brothers' plans for their cash cow. We wanted the player outright and that meant them severing all ties to him. Hence why we offered more money to them and bigger wages to the player. Does it not strike anyone as odd that the Mamic brothers didn't go for our offer which on paper was the best on the table? They didn't because they'd have had to have walked away from Modric for good.

I hope for your sake, Modric doesn't bomb, because I don't know how many Carrick's Spurs can peddle on to recover the costs of these kind of deals...

• 2 weeks later...

Putting Comolli's player recruitment to one side, it still raises further questions about our current set-up, it's a concern when you see various departments within another club all pulling in different directions.

The club, on the footballing side of things - just shy of signing the cheques as that's the responsibility of the so-called money men, from the ground up has to be run buy the manager aka the most important & influential figure at the club. The buck stops with the manager if on-field results go against the team, it's their head which is on the chopping block so it's understandable that managers by trade a control freaks of sorts, they can't afford to have their efforts undermined by the actions, or incompetancy, of others who answerable to those same people who put their signatures n the club cheques.

The fact remains that the two clubs who are providing the most resistance to Chelsea's billions are the two clubs whose managers still rule of their respective club's football-related dealings with an iron fist ie. Ferguson & Wenger.

An example relates to 'pitching the club' to potential signings. Ferguson's, a club stalwart whose name is synonymous with success, personally guided tours around Old Trafford are not only a selling pitch of the highest order, but these guided tours have become tradition over there. In terms of player recruitment/sealing deals, when they're up against Kenyon throwing millions of Chelsea's money at players, it adds a touch of class to the club's selling pitch.

In this regard Keegan is the closest thing we've got to this Ferguson's pitching acumen, he's been a success both as a player & manager, and it's a bloody waste to see him shunted on the sideline while Jimenez has been appropriated with this responsibility. For any would-be signee it must bloody impersonal to arrive at SJP only to be sold the club's vision by a suit-type in a conference room or office.

There's only one bloke who can effectively sell the club's vision and Keegan for the better has run the club & dictated the club's footballing fortunes from the ground up once before, something which the cuurent set of suit-types don't have on their resumes. It's only a matter time before the tendon's of Keegan's patience begin to stretch while the other components of our 'continental system' all dance to slightly different tunes.

IMO, in terms of Keegan walking away from the club again, the clock is already ticking.

Load of overwritten bollocks as usual.

Let's face it, no one on here knows exactly how our new system works, nor what Keegan's precise role within in might happen to be.

As others have posted previously, and has been reported in the press, Keegan knew that he was walking into a 'Continental-style' set-up from the get-go, he knew that he wouldn't be running the football front-office from the ground up as he did the first time round.

Wise and Viterre identify targets based on the newly established scouting network's findings, and of course they bring their own degree of knowedge to the table as well. KK has a look at Vitterre/Wise etc's recommendations and gives the 'final say', while Jimenez - leading the front-office team - seals the deals. Keegan also has his own ideas as well, with regards to players whom we should sign.

It comes as no surprise and no coincidence either, when somebody like Keegan who has demonstrated a Midas touch when it comes to securing in-demand players - at smaller clubs as well and the Anelka example has already been cited as a more recent case, as to why we've missed out on targets when our obvous & best 'deal sealer' has walked into a this new-age & revised footballing front-office set-up............... a system which is completely alien to an 'old school' manager like Keegan, when i say 'old-school' i refer to managers of Keegan/Ferguson & Wenger's mould. Managers who run the footballing side things with an iron fist, those who have very little room for compromise when it comes live & die by involvement/decisions in their respective footballing front offices.

Is sicsfingeredmong HTL? Not looking for an argument just interested?

Jon, you know very well that's not the case.

Myself, NE5 and HTL's respective opinions differ any many areas.

ie. Tarylor's potential/ability for starters at the moment i can't think of others as i'm sure they date back to the old HTT forum - ie. many years ago/not long after the Partizan Summer, and i've been critical and supportive of the previous board. Supportive Shepherd in all fairness.