Chelsea sack Avram Grant. Ten Cate gone too?

Guest K9

But isnt it the amount that he invested that is the key - saying someone would of done it eventually but not as much is not really the point, no one has come near the sort of numbers that Roman has spent and its becasue of the amount that he spent that made the PL instantly more attractive to foriegn viewers- hence the TV money which prompted the current influx of new owners. This is what i mean - in one sense he attracted one of the best ever managers to the premiership and was therefore instrumental in raising the standards and quality of english football - much in the same way Wenger did when he was appointed.

Thats one side of the argument but on the flipside he's created what seems to be an unpenetrable top4 which has a monopoly on every single player out there, it sems that there bench is more appealing than the rest's first team. This sort of monolpoly is creating a big bridge in quality between those below the top4 which gets harder and harder to breach each day - thus making the premiership a non competition.

Hyperbole much?

One might, might, reasonably say that The Special One is one of the top five managers in the past decade. One of the best ever? Utterly ridiculous.

And to suggest that Roman Abramovich's reckless and wasteful spending "made the PL instantly more attractive to foriegn viewers" is just as fanciful. The Premier League was already fantastically attractive overseas - as much as one might say Spanish and Italian football is of higher standard, the fact remains that the English version is the one fans all over the world want to see. That has been the case since before Abramovich's birth, and probably will be after his death.

His biggest legacy will be the new era of hyperinflation. Want to know why Darren Bent is worth 18m? Or why Owen earns 120k p/w? - just have a look at some of the fees Abramovich has paid to other clubs, and the wages to the players.

But isnt it the amount that he invested that is the key - saying someone would of done it eventually but not as much is not really the point, no one has come near the sort of numbers that Roman has spent and its becasue of the amount that he spent that made the PL instantly more attractive to foriegn viewers- hence the TV money which prompted the current influx of new owners. This is what i mean - in one sense he attracted one of the best ever managers to the premiership and was therefore instrumental in raising the standards and quality of english football - much in the same way Wenger did when he was appointed.

Thats one side of the argument but on the flipside he's created what seems to be an unpenetrable top4 which has a monopoly on every single player out there, it sems that there bench is more appealing than the rest's first team. This sort of monolpoly is creating a big bridge in quality between those below the top4 which gets harder and harder to breach each day - thus making the premiership a non competition.

Hyperbole much?

One might, might, reasonably say that The Special One is one of the top five managers in the past decade. One of the best ever? Utterly ridiculous.

And to suggest that Roman Abramovich's reckless and wasteful spending "made the PL instantly more attractive to foriegn viewers" is just as fanciful. The Premier League was already fantastically attractive overseas - as much as one might say Spanish and Italian football is of higher standard, the fact remains that the English version is the one fans all over the world want to see. That has been the case since before Abramovich's birth, and probably will be after his death.

His biggest legacy will be the new era of hyperinflation. Want to know why Darren Bent is worth 18m? Or why Owen earns 120k p/w? - just have a look at some of the fees Abramovich has paid to other clubs, and the wages to the players.

Ok so his achievemetns dont quite stack up against the greatest ever but i'm willing to bet he'll get there in the end, isnt he already in the list of best ever managers in the English league after only 3 seasons?

That man has guaranteed success written all over him. What it gonna take for him to be considered in the greatest list? A second CL trophy - very feasible in my opinion some more Championships - agains very feasible.

all in all i hardly think its that much of an exaggeration.

I'd like to know who...except Wenger and ferguson...have been better managers in the Premiership.

Mourinho, Dalgliesh.

Arguably SBR getting 3rd considering the resources, squad depth and quality.

I'd like to know who...except Wenger and ferguson...have been better managers in the Premiership.

I know this is completely theoretical, but I think that the likes of Paisley and Clough would be up there in the Premiership.

Of course it's all opinion and we'll never know. In the grander scheme of things, e.g. pre-Premiership and Internationaly, Mourinho still has much to achieve.

Id actually put Mourihno above Wenger - i know Wenger didnt have the resources that Mourihno had at his disposle but you have to look at what he did at Porto to counteract that argument even though it isnt strictly relevant to "Premiership manager".

I know this is completely theoretical, but I think that the likes of Paisley and Clough would be up there in the Premiership.

Of course it's all opinion and we'll never know. In the grander scheme of things, e.g. pre-Premiership and Internationaly, Mourinho still has much to achieve.

What hasnt Mourihno achieved at club level? His managerial career is only something like 8 years old and he's won everything going - i dont think that record is matched by any single manager in the world at present or past. Maybe im wrong.