Were we unstable?

Dave

Are you prepared to see the club lose top players, and lose out to top players, by capping wages in future ? Do you seriously think that a club like us with the support we have should be operating at the lower levels of the likes of Portsmouth and blackburn ?

How does bringing in a sensible wage structure have us operating at the levels of Blackburn and Portsmouth?

As far as I'm aware we've offered Owen a contract worth £80,000 per week, how many clubs outside the top 4 do you think have a player on their books earning that much?

where has Modric gone ?

Owen will leave if his wages are cut

What's Modric got to do with it?

He's the player NE5 didn't want and the one whose signing would signal us having no ambition. Thank God we missed out!

Making one of your little one off interjections then scuttling away again are we ? Or raking up old posts [as I know the one you're on about ie the one where nobody had heard of him including me at the time] having nowt better to do ? I realise my point escapes you, which is that for the first time in 20 years, Spurs have beat us twice in the transfer market. Question is, how many more times is this going to happen with teams that we have been superior to, and seen to be superior to, until now ?

What a sad lad, I'm dead pleased when I was your age I wasted it spent it huddled over a computer instead of going out to clubs etc

Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

:)

I thought everyone except Freddy Shepherd didn't want Ferdinand to go to Spurs for £6m?

Do your history. You're blaming Shepherd when he wasn't the chairman. Sort of proves my point that someone (Dave?) has just questioned. Thanks.

Fact is, he didn't want to leave us and play for his boyhood team.

Think about it.

Shepherd's chairmanship: 1996-1998, 1999-2007

Ferdinand was sold in 1997.

Think about it.

Nice one James.

as tooj said.

What are you so keen to try and prove me wrong Dave ?

Every NUFC fan at the time certainly knows that Spurs were much bigger and better than we were, which is why Gazza and Waddle went there, and they took the big transfer fees. Why exactly do you dispute this ?

Can you respond to this post please: http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=53311.msg1353205#msg1353205

I won't expect a straight answer.

I know why Gazza and Waddle left DAve. They wanted to further their careers with a better club, which they did.

Why do you dispute this ? Not playing the soooooperfan card at all, but why do YOU dispute this ? If you don't believe it, why do you think they did ? This is the answer mate, its true, so why are you disputing it ?

What part of 'The bullshit diversions about crowds, Gazza, Ferdinand etc etc. I don't care about those things, I never mentioned those things, and I don't want to discuss those things.' don't you understand?

What part of 'The bullshit diversions about crowds, Gazza, Ferdinand etc etc. I don't care about those things, I never mentioned those things, and I don't want to discuss those things.' don't you understand?

Fair enough, let's move on then, but I only wondered why you were so quick to say "well done James".

Shame he's wrong though.

Never mind.

I was being sarcastic towards James, as I thought was obvious. He was wrong and made himself look like a plank, not for the first time.

Care to address that post of mine, then? Try not to mention anything other than a response to the question.

I was being sarcastic towards James, as I thought was obvious. He was wrong and made himself look like a plank, not for the first time.

Care to address that post of mine, then? Try not to mention anything other than a response to the question.

I have. I don't know every deal no, but most transfers are made and we know the reasons why they happen.  However everybody knows why Gazza and Waddle went to Spuds

Wasn't obvious you were being sarcastic to James actually. He's made a few good posts lately and I think I've replied to him too.

You know the ins and outs of every single transfer deal in the last twenty years then?

Have a think about it.

I probably do. Aye.

I don't know every deal no

What I disputed was your astonishing claim of sufficient knowledge to know that Spurs haven't beat us to two signings in the last twenty years, before now.

I'm not on about Gazza, Waddle, or any of that. You brought that stuff up, not me. I am purely interested in your claim to know all about every single transfer in the last twenty years.

You know the ins and outs of every single transfer deal in the last twenty years then?

Have a think about it.

I probably do. Aye.

I don't know every deal no

What I disputed was your astonishing claim of sufficient knowledge to know that Spurs haven't beat us to two signings in the last twenty years, before now.

I'm not on about Gazza, Waddle, or any of that. You brought that stuff up, not me. I am purely interested in your claim to know all about every single transfer in the last twenty years.

thought you understood sarcasm  ;D