Gretna Fold

Guest Nufc4Life

Shame for the fans.  Better to watch a low level team than to have no team at all.

As a kid, my Scottish teams were Celtic and Third Lanark .........................

They have Queen of the south 10-15miles away...if they really want to watch lower league scottish football!!

Was a great story dont forget they made the cup final and got into europe, but i dont feel sorry for anyone other than the fans and whoever has lost wages to them..

Good, and you won't find many Scottish based football fans saddened.  I'd like to liken their rise to that of Chelsea's, which no one respects or applauds at all.  They bought players well beyond their means, they took no steps to try and establish themselves as a side that intends to stick around.  They sat and sponged off an insanely daft man that essentially thought it would be cool to do something like this. 

Feels sorry for their fans, I really do.  All ten of them.  Real ones that is.

Didn't they used to play in the FA Cup? Seem to recall going to watch a Blyth Spartans match that was on Match of the Day in the early 90's, I think they either lost, or drew and then went out in the replay.

Guest Stephen927

Didn't they used to play in the FA Cup? Seem to recall going to watch a Blyth Spartans match that was on Match of the Day in the early 90's, I think they either lost, or drew and then went out in the replay.

Yes, they used to be a part of the English Football League.