Milner to Liverpool?

Guest Coubury

What fight's that then ? Dare I mention 'gay rights ' ;P

Oh, you're so out there. Using homosexuality as a joke/insult. Dull as ever.

And you don't understand the history of that  jibe. If you had been around the board a little longer you may. Honestly crawl back under the rock you came from.

Name:  Role Model

Position:  Arcade access members

Date Registered:  June 18, 2005, 07:58:51 PM

Name:  afar

Date Registered:  April 17, 2006, 07:04:20 PM

mackems.gif

Did he just beat MaetihS for worst post of the day there? :lol:

I'm not going to go through all your posts. But I'll paraphase a bit.

My club is letting Muslim come watch the game for Free, Our Chairman does everything with such class, we're so nice we are sponsored by a charity next season, blah, blah , blah.

I have no problem at all with MJ and KD TBH, their stuff is entertaining and brings some life to the board but I fail to find an intersting slant you bring the NUFC world.

I'm clearly in the minority, I don't mind fighting the lone battles but I'm no NE5, you are very popular here with the rest of us, so I'll drop the subject now (which to be honest I did a few posts back, but you dragged it up again).

And you don't understand the history of that  jibe. If you had been around the board a little longer you may. Honestly crawl back under the rock you came from.

mackems.gif

I was a member of Toontastic long before then FFS, know your history a little.  I have no idea when I register here when the boards were combined but that date doesn't seem quite right.

I'm not going to go through all your posts. But I'll paraphase a bit.

My club is letting Muslim come watch the game for Free, Our Chairman does everything with such class, we're so nice we are sponsored by a charity next season, blah, blah , blah.

I have no problem at all with MJ and KD TBH, their stuff is entertaining and brings some life to the board but I fail to find an intersting slant you bring the NUFC world.

I'm clearly in the minority, I don't mind fighting the lone battles but I'm no NE5, you are very popular here with the rest of us, so I'll drop the subject now (which to be honest I did a few posts back, but you dragged it up again).

How about good and knowledgeable posts regarding football in general? Something he's doing far more frequently than both you and I.

He doesn't have to bring anything into "the NUFC world". This isn't exclusively an NUFC forum. I for one am very much interested in what happens at other clubs, and I appreciate and respect all fans of other clubs who come on here and talk about football, as long as they do so respectfully and aren't just here to abuse or show off to NUFC fans like me. Personally I often read other club's forums just to see what views or opinions they have at the time.

I also appreciate some people here might not want to hear the thoughts of other fans, or the manner in which said thoughts are being brought across. But in their case, I'd just leave them to it and not bother complaining out loud unless they're actually causing a problem.

I'm not going to go through all your posts. But I'll paraphase a bit. I'm clearly in the minority, I don't mind fighting the lone battles but I'm no NE5, you are very popular here with the rest of us, so I'll drop the subject now (which to be honest I did a few posts back, but you dragged it up again).

Ooh thanks ever so.

The last thing you said was you didn't want to offend anyone except for me. Then you spiralled off onto some crazy homophobic tangent, then accused Role Model of being a Johnny Come Lately. So you've certainly done your bit to bring an interesting slant to the board tonight.

I'm sorry I disappoint you, though.

I was a member of Toontastic long before then FFS, know your history a little.  I have no idea when I register here when the boards were combined but that date doesn't seem quite right.

What difference does it make how long someone has been posting here?

In that case, does it also matter how many posts they make?

mackems.gif

Nice try :lol:

What difference does it make how long someone has been posting here?

In that case, does it also matter how many posts they make?

I wasn't trying to play the soopaposter card, if you read my post, it was a response to a insult Role Model had given me.

The quote I referred at Jon went back a long time ago, must have been back in toontastic days, when he made a comment about one of our players that could have been construde as homosexual and a few of us, including me took a few pop shots.

The comment was suppossed to be a bit of fun but obviously my humour is not appreciated at the moment around here because I have alienated the golden child. So Like I said let it lie.

mackems.gif

Nice try :lol:

I thought so :)

Guest Scouseman

I find it strange that Brummie knows Liverpools transfer kitty when no-one else knows what we have to spend.  It's believed here that he'll have 15 to 20 million, the rest has to come from sales, but that's just speculation.

Neither does anyone  know what players were offered in exchange for Barry. 

Just because MON says they were a mish mash of whatever doesn't make it true. 

He also said that Rafa leaked the Barry bid to The Echo when the word here was that the leak came straight from Birmingham.

Tony Barret the journo involved also wrote the following Saturday (ignored of course)

Sorry Martin - but you've got it wrong!

MARTIN O'Neill's anger about Liverpool's offer for Gareth Barry seems to be centred on the fact that news of the bid appeared in the ECHO within hours of it being faxed to Villa Park rather than on the offer itself.

The Villa boss has convinced himself that the story was leaked to the ECHO by someone at Liverpool Football Club.

But like the Alonso conspiracy theorists, O'Neill hasn't called this one right. Journalists never reveal their sources but it would be remiss to allow the current misapprehension to go unchecked.

No-one at Liverpool leaked news of the bid for Barry. Simple as that.'

I find it strange that Brummie knows Liverpools transfer kitty when no-one else knows what we have to spend.  It's believed here that he'll have 15 to 20 million, the rest has to come from sales, but that's just speculation.

Neither does anyone  know what players were offered in exchange for Barry. 

Just because MON says they were a mish mash of whatever doesn't make it true. 

He also said that Rafa leaked the Barry bid to The Echo when the word here was that the leak came straight from Birmingham.

Tony Barret the journo involved also wrote the following Saturday (ignored of course)

Sorry Martin - but you've got it wrong!

MARTIN O'Neill's anger about Liverpool's offer for Gareth Barry seems to be centred on the fact that news of the bid appeared in the ECHO within hours of it being faxed to Villa Park rather than on the offer itself.

The Villa boss has convinced himself that the story was leaked to the ECHO by someone at Liverpool Football Club.

But like the Alonso conspiracy theorists, O'Neill hasn't called this one right. Journalists never reveal their sources but it would be remiss to allow the current misapprehension to go unchecked.

No-one at Liverpool leaked news of the bid for Barry. Simple as that.'

TBH why would Liverpool leak it, the player is already unsettled and clearly fancies the move. There is nothing much more to be gained for the buying club.

Guest Scouseman

He had no need to say anything. 

MON has no evidence whatsoever to back up his accusation.

Alot is made of Duff and Smith's absence from the first team towards the end of last season being a big factor in us starting to play on the deck and getting some good results/performances.

Surely the same conclusion should be made with Milner's injury during the same period? IMO it was a blessing in disguise that went unnoticed.

Alot is made of Duff and Smith's absence from the first team towards the end of last season being a big factor in us starting to play on the deck and getting some good results/performances.

Surely the same conclusion should be made with Milner's injury during the same period? IMO it was a blessing in disguise that went unnoticed.

I think he'd have done quite well in the Geremi role in our 4-3-3. Has the short passing, less reliance on crossing, and certainly has the legs on Geremi.

I think he'd have done quite well in the Geremi role in our 4-3-3. Has the short passing, less reliance on crossing, and certainly has the legs on Geremi.

Its pure opinion, but I think he'd be poor in Geremi's role in compariosn. He doesnt have decent short passing, he's like Zog, gets the ball in certain areas and from there its head down whilst he does his own thing, irrespective of what the rest of the team is doing - when he's not doing that, hes not in the game.

For example, when is the last time he made an assist that wasnt a cross? When's the last time you can remember him playing a good pass or two forwards? He's just not a team player, its either solo goals or his monotonous, repetitive wing play.

Im no fan of Geremi, but I think he's a better central midfielder than Milner is, or would be - better first touch in tight situations in central areas, plays the game simply for the most part, etc. In that position, the only thing I see Milner providing over Geremi is youth/legs, but that doesnt mean he's automatically capable of playing well there, just as he wouldnt be a good replacement for Butt.

For the exact same reasons, I wouldn't have Zog in central midfield. Both are incapable of playing a sharp pass 'n' move game imo.