am depressed...

womblemaster

Guest MaetihS

To be fair to Dos Santos, he's only just turned 19, still can go on to be a very, very good player you would think.

He may not be at Messi or Bojan's level, but he's a very exciting prospect and I'd be delighted if it was us signing him, and I suspect many others here would too.

Exactly he has the potential to be 10x times the player our "next big thing" Zoggy can be. I like him cos he seem to have the natural ability to score goals, am sure he has at least 7 goals this season as a sub.

To be fair to Dos Santos, he's only just turned 19, still can go on to be a very, very good player you would think.

He may not be at Messi or Bojan's level, but he's a very exciting prospect and I'd be delighted if it was us signing him, and I suspect many others here would too.

Exactly he has the potential to be 10x times the player our "next big thing" Zoggy can be. I like him cos he seem to have the natural ability to score goals, am sure he has at least 7 goals this season as a sub.

Or only 4 goals in 38 appearances if you want to deal in facts and not guesswork.  Hardly a natural goal scorer based on those stats.

I would disagree, Dos Santos is a bit like Freddy Adu to me, his reputation comes from being a "wonderkid" about 3 years ago.

Exactly he has the potential to be 10x times the player our "next big thing" Zoggy can be.

Dear god.. you talk complete shit!

to be honest i think we are slow off the block, although i'm not concerned yet. the modric deal was slack of us to let spurs in, we let spurs get in ahead for woodgate, we spy on nasri and gomis and wait until they play well on the bigger stages and make them unattainable. there is a very good chance we will wait on arda turan to play well for turkey and the price will go up and we go out of the race. hope not but nufc have a bad habit of finding talent and then farting aboot until they're gone. get them signed now while the prices are lower and we can build a strong squad.

Slow?? More like quicksand, or concrete, or lead wellies...

This is beginning to do my head in, would just love it (pardon pun) if we all new the transfer strategy...

the modric deal was slack of us to let spurs in, we let spurs get in ahead for woodgate, we spy on nasri and gomis and wait until they play well on the bigger stages and make them unattainable. there is a very good chance we will wait on arda turan to play well for turkey and the price will go up and we go out of the race.

If the Spuds offered to do a deal we weren't willing to do for Modric then there's nothing we could do about that, and we weren't first in for Woodgate AFAIR (were we?).

Guest Daishi

According to Mort (i believe it was in the last home programme... may have been the one before), we put in a better offer for Modric than Spurs and had it accepted, and we'd offered the player better terms than the Cockney unwashed had,  but he decided to go there because they had european football this season.

Wait a minute... that's what this Real Mallorca tournament is about!!!

Keegan can say we're playing in Europe this summer now.

Guest battyleespeed

Not depressed but apprehensive for the lack of drive we seem to have to go out there and sign some proven quality. Some fools are actually believing that a strategy of youth development is the answer and that will be fine with all these new youth scouts and previous regime's transfer policy was a inept blah blah... yes youth development could turn out be succesfull scheme in, say 10 years, but the first team really needs strenghtening especially how other prem teams are investing right now.

So Ashley and co. recruited aging KK out of the soccer circus over controversial circumstances. So go out there now and back him in the transfer market.

Prudent finances seem to be high on Ashley's priorities but as a business man he should know that at times you have to go all out.

We have some decent defenders and keepers, almost no useful midfielders and couple quite talented strikers but who lack strong centreforward to play off from. In ideal world we'd get a new keeper, top quality centrehalf, new wide players and a top 4 quality central midfielder and a proven strong centreforward. That'd give us a competing first team but no reserves. How the hell are we supposed to sign even half of these players given the things are going right now?

That worries me too, there is a lot of work to be done this summer, and time passes by before you know it. What we need is a quality signing or two to settle everyone down. The sooner, the better.

IS KK back from his 'well deserved break' yet ? I don't know if it really makes a difference but perhaps we'll see some activity if he is.

There's no need to be depressed just yet. Jimenez, Vetere and Wise seem to be working in the background, while Keegan and many others are tanning their ass in some sunny place :lol: Thing that makes people a bit nervous atm is that we normally would have been in media's limelight - dealing high and low for new players. Instead it's pretty quite... I think the reason  is simply that we have adopted a new way of working now which is very discreet and hard to handle from the outside.

Besides, Keegan  has always been a very honest and straight-forward guy, who likes to shop.. so I'm sure when he comes back Newcastle will buy some new faces. Another thing is that Newcastle probably just wait until after the Euro 2008 before we start buying players.

No drama.... but a damn boring time to be a supporter! :p

Guest MaetihS

we  have been snubbed by so many players that it is so wrenching. we really has transformed into a small club in many players' eyes. Emana was realistic but snubbed us for Betis!!! Betis for god's sake. the most hurting was Modric who rejected us so blatantly and after seeing his performance at Euro, Spurs has really gotten themselves one hell of a player.

we  have been snubbed by so many players that it is so wrenching. we really has transformed into a small club in many players' eyes. Emana was realistic but snubbed us for Betis!!! Betis for god's sake. the most hurting was Modric who rejected us so blatantly and after seeing his performance at Euro, Spurs has really gotten themselves one hell of a player.

:toke:

Guest gbolem

Good lord. Relax man, have a wank or something, release that pent up energy. Noone is signing anyone yet ffs!

Guest MaetihS

Don't even bother replying to him Mick, pretend he's not there and he'll take his trolling elsewhere eventually.

:doh: