"My worries, hopes, fears and dreams about the transfer market" thread

Coxaux

I'm sick of the depressing, whiny posts of fans who are worried five days into the market.

So the plan is they keep their depressed asses in here so the rest of us don't have to read it anymore.

Duno why people are worred.

We got like 3 months to buy people

Yeah it's plenty of time. Lets not worry, we've proved in the past how effective we are in transfer windows.

Hell lets wait till the last day of August, for sure we'll pick up some bargains then, clubs never raise their prices as the market narrows, just doesn't hapen.

Sure these players will miss pre season preperation, but what the hell that's for wusses anyway.

Duno why people are worred.

We got like 3 months to buy people

Yeah it's plenty of time. Lets not worry, we've proved in the past how effective we are in transfer windows.

Hell lets wait till the last day of August, for sure we'll pick up some bargains then, clubs never raise their prices as the market narrows, just doesn't hapen.

Sure these players will miss pre season preperation, but what the hell that's for wusses anyway.

Your point is?

That we have previous, this has been said nearly every closed season and every closed season the same thing happens, we wait too late, the best players have gone, we pay over the odds for average players and they miss the bulk of the hugely important pre-season.

I'm sick of the depressing, whiny posts of fans who are worried five days into the market.

So the plan is they keep their depressed asses in here so the rest of us don't have to read it anymore.

I thought the transfer market opened July 1st?

Guest VegasToon

I thought the transfer market opened July 1st?

It is July 1st.

Ideally I'd say you want a deal or two done by July 7th so you can have a full preseason with the new lads.

One thing I am worried about is the massive competition this summer. Big 4 will all spend big amounts again, Spurs already splashing the cash about. Man City will spend another £50m at the very least. Villa, Everton and Pompey will all spend decent amounts and have Europe whereas we don't. This all makes me a bit worried about the quality we'll be able to get in and the competition we'll face to get them in. To me atleast 6 or 7 of that 9 have easily a bigger appeal next season than us.

The fact is that we are now behind spurs as a teamof choice.  We havent showed any ability in the transfer market to steal key players from the noses of our rivals.

We should have had someone in the bag before euro 08,  because the prices can only go up for quality players.

Need some good news on nufc because its been a year of turmoil and going backwards for the club.

The fact is that we are now behind spurs as a teamof choice.  We havent showed any ability in the transfer market to steal key players from the noses of our rivals.

We should have had someone in the bag before euro 08,  because the prices can only go up for quality players.

Need some good news on nufc because its been a year of turmoil and going backwards for the club.

Cue VegasToon to respond with some comical smilies, he knows how to use them you know, the one with the little head spinning around and around is hilarious.

boooooo..........

you can't say that !!!

Freddie fucked off, debt cleared, Allardyce gone........aye, definitely going backwards.

Freddie fucked off, debt cleared, Allardyce gone........aye, definitely going backwards.

Aye, and one place higher in the table than last season -- clearly a case of terminal decline.

fucken hell man, this forums always extremes...why does it have to be so black and white (ahem)? 

can't someone extol the virtue of identifying transfer targets early in the season and securing them before a major tournament (when prices traditionally go up for players) without being compared to a kid pissing his pants?  obviously not

i'd like someone to disagree with me that what i've just suggested is a bad idea in any way shape or form, 'cause you'll instantly be condemning yourself as a twat

for my part i think we've got plenty of time but would have liked to see a big move for a playmaker in the bag, then sit the euros out and make our moves in july...as it is we look like we'll be making most of our moves in july and that's OK as long as it's early, the closer it gets to august the more detrimental the effect will be on our pre-season plans

Guest habibbeye

The transfer window opens when the previous season ends. You can sign players now.

The reason most deals are not done is the players contracts usually run until 30th June and they have loyalty bonuses so if you sign them now they lose the loyalty bonus and you have to pay them all summer. False economy usually as the transfer price and wage demands get higher as then end of August approaches ie Michael Owen, but all clubs seem to do it.

I want us to have a full squad before the pre-season training and matches starts. They players need to get to know each other, in and out of the pitch.

Didnt Man utd sign all players really early in last year transfer window? And a year later they are the champions of europe and the premiership.  The faster we get in a team, the faster we can start prepering for a new season, find the right tactics etc.

Thats obvious but if it was that easy all teams would do it. In reality it isn't that easy though.

Of the 20 premiership teams how many have signed players who are going to improve the team?

Spurs

Chelsea

??

Manchester United can afford to take gambles and can afford to spend a little extra on these players as they are just adding to a top quality squad. Keegan doesn't have that luxury, if we want to get players in who we are as certain as possible (it will never be nailed on) that they will improve the team we will need to be careful and take as little risk as possible.