Enrique for Zigic?

Kaizero

Yep, how dare he have a holiday! :lol:

Needs a holiday after having 3 years off.

If that was me i'd be at every game, working 24-7 to better the club, SBR style.

OR more realistically when the season finishes work to get one or two KEY signings made then take a relaxing holiday before completing the squad building late june to early july

you'll not talk any sense into these people TT - we've done the same thing year in year out in the transfer market so why could we/would we possibly do anything different given our prior "successes"?

it's ostrich time...the "look at you panicking 'cause we've not signed anyone on 9th june" brigade will say the same thing until the last day of transfer window guaranteed...at 23:58 august 31st they'll be saying "there's still time man"

not one of the people ridiculing you/me or whoever, not a single one, can offer me a satisfactory answer for us not making sure a signing or two is in the bag early on - tells it's own story....

What a load of bollocks.

If we're still in this position at that time on that day, there's no way people won't be livid. No f***ing way.

Why would we do any different this season? New owner, new chairman, new manager (that they appointed). Let's see, eh? Oh, and last summer ended up being pretty damn good in the end IMO, so I don't know where you're coming from in terms of the most recent reference point.

You give me a satisfactory answer why 17 other clubs in the Premier League haven't signed anyone yet and I'll show you why we haven't.

In fact who has signed players? Chelsea - not quite comparable is it? Spurs - only one player we weren't in for with a record-breaking bid. Liverpool - slightly less problem getting players for them methinks.

howay dave, you're better than picking up on an exaggeration to make a point man!!  most people would be akip anyways at 23:59!!

anyhow why would we do any different?  'cause what we usually do doesn't fucken work, that's why i'd suggest...as for the summer of the 9 (iirc) brought in you could consider 3 a success, 1-2 average, 2 a failure & 1-2 a total disaster - you can deem that a success if you like

perhaps the 17 other clubs in the PL don't have the expectations we do about what is going to/should happen to their squad this summer?  we spent fuck all last summer (net) and nothing since when TV money is at the highest it's ever been, have had years of on-pitch decline and have come to a summer where it's not unreasonable to expect a massive overhaul of the team under keegan...most of the other teams have been building up over the last few years and will be looking for bits and pieces as opposed to us who SHOULD be going nuts in the market

that enough for you?  thought not

for what it's worth i said people would be doing/saying the same at the end of the window and should have clarified that i meant IF we've not performed well on transfers by - i actually think we will have got a few in but am prepared to be very disappointed

I think its pretty unreasonable to expect a mass overhaul when the manager has said there wont be one.

And on plenty of occasions since he got here too.

It's always like this; some fans always demand a completely new team, but it's just not going to happen. As things stand Keegan has said he wants maybe three first teamers and a couple of youngsters. So that's three players to improve the side. Three.

There's bloody ages left.

I think its pretty unreasonable to expect a mass overhaul when the manager has said there wont be one.

you can expect what you want, i have my own standards i believe we should be trying to reach but consider;

carr/ramage/troisi - gone

emre - on the brink of going

shola - not wanted

rosenthal/cacapa - probably not good enough and going to leave

smith/duff - definately not good enough and have to leave

barton - back against the wall in a prison shower, out of the picture

viduka - severe fitness problems

owen - time will tell

if you think we can start the season with the 3,4,5 players keegan has mentioned publicly and see us NOT get relegated then good on you

this is NE5 style logic i'm applying here man

Of all those players only three are of any worth to us and playing for the first team.

We're looking to replace Geremi, Viduka and Barton IMO, with those three then dropping to be part of the squad (if not in jail). Any other signings will be for cover.

Of all those players only three are of any worth to us and playing for the first team.

We're looking to replace Geremi, Viduka and Barton IMO, with those three then dropping to be part of the squad (if not in jail). Any other signings will be for cover.

so what are you telling me?  we're going to start the season with the following assuming the above leave:

one LB & RB

3 CB's (so one for cover)

2 x new midfielders plus butt/geremi/charlie/milner & barton when out of jail

martins/owen/new guy

or am i missing something? 

The fact is some of those players will probably stay: Duff, Smith, Cacapa, Shola. Plus don't forget the likes of Zamblera, Lua Lua etc. who might make a contribution next season.

With regards to Keegans holiday, something like this happenned in January.

Keegan: OK Mike, I can become Newcastle manager, but there are some loose ends with my Soccer Circus that will need to be tied up as soon as the season is over, commitments that can't be undone, so I'll need the time off.

Ashley: Done

So in other words, there wasn't much that could be done about this.Of course Keegan could have broken his word, but it is good to have a man with integrity as our manager.

FWIW, Allardyce only got back from his holiday the week before this time last year, and his first deal was on 7th June.

Harper

Given

(Krul/Forster)

Enrique

New cover (youngster)

(N'Zogbia)

Faye

Taylor

Edgar

New cover (youngster)

Beye

New cover (youngster)

(Taylor/Edgar)

New first-teamer

N'Zogbia

(Barton/LuaLua)

Butt

Geremi

(Barton/LuaLua)

New first-teamer

Milner

Geremi

(Barton/LuaLua)

Owen

Martins

New first-teamer

Viduka

Carroll

And as Keefaz says, it wouldn't surprise me if Duff and Smith are still here. Though hopefully not involved too much... ;)

So that's the three first-teamers (maybe four if Butt is to be replaced) and a few youngsters/understudies.

The fact is some of those players will probably stay: Duff, Smith, Cacapa, Shola. Plus don't forget the likes of Zamblera, Lua Lua etc. who might make a contribution next season.

think you're right, but it's not something i think any of us should be remotely happy with

Harper

Given

(Krul/Forster)

Enrique

New cover (youngster)

(N'Zogbia)

Faye

Taylor

Edgar

New cover (youngster)

Beye

New cover (youngster)

(Taylor/Edgar)

New first-teamer

N'Zogbia

(Barton/LuaLua)

Butt

Geremi

(Barton/LuaLua)

New first-teamer

Milner

Geremi

(Barton/LuaLua)

Owen

Martins

New first-teamer

Viduka

Carroll

And as Keefaz says, it wouldn't surprise me if Duff and Smith are still here. Though hopefully not involved too much... ;)

So that's the three first-teamers (maybe four if Butt is to be replaced) and a few youngsters/understudies.

If that is our squad for next year it looks like its going to be another long hard season tbh

Harper

Given

(Krul/Forster)

Enrique

New cover (youngster)

(N'Zogbia)

Faye

Taylor

Edgar

New cover (youngster)

Beye

New cover (youngster)

(Taylor/Edgar)

New first-teamer

N'Zogbia

(Barton/LuaLua)

Butt

Geremi

(Barton/LuaLua)

New first-teamer

Milner

Geremi

(Barton/LuaLua)

Owen

Martins

New first-teamer

Viduka

Carroll

If that is our squad for next year it looks like its going to be another long hard season tbh

aye...sad thing is dave is probably right

Why, who else do you think we should replace? I don't think looking to replace a third of the outfield players is undercooking things, really. Seems realistic to me.

Just picking names out of the air, but if the new left-mid is Arda*, the new right-mid is Arshavin*, and the new striker is Bent, I can't see why Keegan can't make that squad look pretty good.

*No, I'm no expert on these players. ;)

Why, who else do you think we should replace? I don't think looking to replace a third of the outfield players is undercooking things, really. Seems realistic to me.

Dave I am not disputing that it won't be the case I am just of the opinion that its a pretty average squad and that only 3 additions to it, especially some of those who have been linked, will not make a major difference.

I am not expecting to see an overhaul nor do I see it as a realistic option just pointing out how shit I think the majority of our team are.

Dave I am not disputing that it won't be the case I am just of the opinion that its a pretty average squad and that only 3 additions to it, especially some of those who have been linked, will not make a major difference.

I am not expecting to see an overhaul nor do I see it as a realistic option just pointing out how s*** I think the majority of our team are.

you can both call me unrealistic if you like but unless we net spend about 50m this summer i honestly think we've been had

what's TV money worth now?  20, 30, 40m a season to a club?  never mind season tickets and sponsorship for a club our size

there's no excuses man, none...how you spend it is a different matter i guess, if it's on 3 players then the manager lives and dies by that decision but i for one am a bit sick of having a weak imbalanced squad and think it's time we dealt with it

Zigic and Dawson look like the main targets at the moment.

With Turan the 13m tag is a bridge too far IMO and we will drop interest. The likes of Diane and the young Swedish lad look good value. I can't see Arshavin happening now unless KK has specifically requested him. My main concenrs are the midfield (Reyes is a gamble and it seems wierd we're in for him if the rumours are correct). Emana??

Duff, Ameobi and Smith will leave or we will try and move on.

On the whole it looks to me like a safety first strategy ie getting players the right age with development potenetial. Altough there could well be a surprise in there if KK digs his heels in.

4/5 promising youngster to finish off the summer package I reckon. (Maybe Digard in this group??)

We need someone on the right to link with Beye, someone with pace,skill and better than average crossing.

Dawson would be a terrible signing we shouldnt even be thinking of signing him i would rather keep Cacapa

Dawson is blunder prone, but there is a good CD in there somewhere. Still young?

Dawson would be a terrible signing we shouldnt even be thinking of signing him i would rather keep Cacapa

Dawson is blunder prone, but there is a good CD in there somewhere. Still young?

He'll make Martins the most confident player in the world through Martins' improved training performances.

We already have Taylor though we need someone experienced in there with him or Faye

would have to pass on Dawson

We already have Taylor though we need someone experienced in there with him or Faye

i think i'll lose faith in life itself if we sign dawson - what fucken scouting team would recommend/approve him anyways?

i think i'll lose faith in life itself if we sign dawson - what fucken scouting team would recommend/approve him anyways?

Chris Hughton?