Belgravia step up Toon bid

Guest smoggeordie

They've got experience in running a successful business, which is more than Freddy Shepherd has.

where the fuck do you think he got the money to buy his shares in the first place?

By  :wullie: it off the club.

There's no other word for it.

Toon Taylor I think you should be careful with your comments the club have pretty expensive lawyers who like comments like you made. I think what Invicta_Toon is saying is how did FF get his shares in the club (the amount he started with) unless he had plenty of money. And if he had plenty of money where did he get it from. He's basically saying he's good at business.

Toon Taylor I think you should be careful with your comments the club have pretty expensive lawyers who like comments like you made. I think what Invicta_Toon is saying is how did FF get his shares in the club (the amount he started with) unless he had plenty of money. And if he had plenty of money where did he get it from. He's basically saying he's good at business.

If the forum has a problem with my comments i will delete or modify, but i personally stand by them.

He's one of the highest paid executives in the Country, gets more money for his role than the guy who runs BT.

His salary to turnover requires this club to bring in £2bn a year.

Daylight robbery.

Oh and shareholders payouts even when the club is making a loss, nice touch.

Guest Invicta_Toon

no-one has the first clue about what the belgravia groups intentions are toward NUFC, and who, or group of people, will act as the club's executive directors if they do take control

They'll want to make money. This can only be done by, first and foremost, by pursuing success on the pitch and making Newcastle once again a team that people want to watch – something that now seems to be way beyond Shepherd and his cronies.

Aye, they might fail.

But then again, this is the second season in a row where the consensus is that we're in danger of relegation. So what's to fear from a change at the top?

relegation

do you think Belgravia have a bottomless pit of transfer funds? do you think Belgravia have any experience of running a football club? do you think Belgravia have any links to the Premier League, the FA, UEFA, FIFA? do you think Belgravia would put the fans before the balance sheet? Do you think Belgravia directors will be regularly available for talk ins? Do you think Belgravia will stand for copyright infringement of their brand? Do you think Belgravia know why you or I even go to a football match even though we have achieved the some total of fuckall?

Do you think Belgravia are going to install a team of fund managers to run the club or something?  Why would we want Belgravia directors to be available for talk-ins?  Do you think they'll be managing first team affairs or something? 

In short, do you think any of the trying-to-look-clever questions that you've asked above have achieved their goal?  I'll go on the record as saying that I don't.  bluebigrazz.gif

right so theyre just gonna sub-con the job to the Barca board are they?

of course the club will be run by fund managaers, they are the ones who are the bosses at the end of the day FFS. If you logged off of here once in a while and went to some meetings you might get an idea of how business works

stick that in your 'record' and smoke it  blueyes.gif

:lol:  You're as thick as clarts if you think that a successful investment group are going to presume that they have the wherewithall to run a football club without appointing a board with experience in the industry.  As for your comment on how businesses work, I've got a pretty good idea, funnily enough.  I can understand how someone who'll still be a student on his 30th birthday wouldn't have the foggiest though.  :cool:

it's called being privelaged enough to not have to spend every year of your life working, or not in your case

you have complete faith that Belgravia won't go out and appoint the next Leeds/mackem/Charlton/West Brom board?

or do they again sub-contract the interview process as well as the running of the business? Or appoint former directors like FF as 'consultants'?

where is this all star team of knowledgable football directors just sitting around kicking their heels? Good talent costs money.

After the expert board's wages, Micheal Owen's wages, the hedge fund profits, the dividend, the geordie fan ticket subsidy etc, where is Phil Scolari's wages gonna come from?

Guest Invicta_Toon

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The club audit came up with plenty of reasons why there are problems at the club

1.  There is only one person on the board of directors who can be viewed as independent. The  board is made up of Freddy Shepherd, his brother Bruce, Douglas Hall and his sister Alison. The single independent voice is Timothy Revill an accountant based in Gibraltar.

2. Freddy Shepherd is both Chairman and Executive Director, which means he is responsible for who is on the board, and for the day to day decision making. The Best Practice is that these two roles are not held by the same person. This is to ensure that someone is checking on the standard of work being done by the person running the business. The way it is with Freddy Shepherd is that no one can question how well he is doing.

3. The club does not have someone who can suggest appointments to the board, a "Nominations Committee".  This means that Shepherd can appoint who ever he wants into any position without any checking that they are the right person for the job.

4. The Remuneration committee who decide how much to pay board members is made up of only two people Bruce Shepherd and Tim Revill. As Bruce Shepherd is Freddy's brother he is not viewed as being independent. Tim Revill an accountant based in Gibraltar is independent.

5. The money paid to Freddy Shepherd and Douglas Hall is not dependent on how well the club performs, nor on any individual targets that should be set for them in. The Code says is should be.

6. Freddy Shepherd and Douglas Hall are on two years notice. So if NUFC wished to sack them they would have to pay two years salary to them. Freddy Shepherd was paid £500,000 in 2004, Douglas Hall £450,000 per year, so it would cost £1m and £900,000 respectively to sack each of them. The standard is for directors to have contracts of no more than 12 months.

7. The club have an Audit Committee which reviews how well the business looks after its accounts and financial policy. As with the Remuneration Committee this committee is made up of Bruce Shepherd and Tim Revill. Only Mr Revill an accountant based in Gibraltar is viewed as independent.

Guest Invicta_Toon

no-one has the first clue about what the belgravia groups intentions are toward NUFC, and who, or group of people, will act as the club's executive directors if they do take control

They'll want to make money. This can only be done by, first and foremost, by pursuing success on the pitch and making Newcastle once again a team that people want to watch – something that now seems to be way beyond Shepherd and his cronies.

Aye, they might fail.

But then again, this is the second season in a row where the consensus is that we're in danger of relegation. So what's to fear from a change at the top?

relegation

do you think Belgravia have a bottomless pit of transfer funds? do you think Belgravia have any experience of running a football club? do you think Belgravia have any links to the Premier League, the FA, UEFA, FIFA? do you think Belgravia would put the fans before the balance sheet? Do you think Belgravia directors will be regularly available for talk ins? Do you think Belgravia will stand for copyright infringement of their brand? Do you think Belgravia know why you or I even go to a football match even though we have achieved the some total of fuckall?

As the lad said, they're investors, they'll want to make money from their investment and the only way to do that is for NUFC to have a successful football team.

Chelsea are very successfull - care to tell us what their profits have been?

So what if they've not got any experience of running a football club, I've no doubt they are taking the best advice available and, if and when they takeover NUFC, they will then employ the best people available to take the club forward, irrespective of where they come from!

Just like Peter Ridsdale and Bob Murray did. Sod it, we might as well go and poach Gibson from the mutants

And more

* In 2005 the club paid £27,000 in rent to Shepherd Offshore Ltd.

* In 2004 Douglas Hall sold Newcastle United a  "fixed asset" worth £50,000. There is no description of what this asset may be, but Hall was widely reported to have traded in cars in his capacity as director of Cameron Hall. If you know what the club actually bought from him please get in touch. The best suggestion we've had so far is that this was for the N1JFC number plate.

* In 2005 SMP Services were paid £335,000 by Newcastle United fpr 'lease rents, having been paid £271,000 in 2004 and £316,000 in 2003. Bruce Shepherd is a director of SMP Services which used to be known as "Shepherd Manpower Limited". This deal is believed to be part of the rental agreement for storage of NUFC merchandise. Again if you have more information please let us know. So a three year total rental cost of £922,000.

* BDO Fidecs were paid £3,000 for professional fees in 2004, having been paid £5,000 in 2003, this was reduced to nil in 2005. Tim Revill the only member of the board viewed as independent is a director of BDO Fidecs. The only information we can find on Tim Revill and BDO Fidecs can be seen here

http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/ for even more

Guest Invicta_Toon

The club audit came up with plenty of reasons why there are problems at the club

1.  There is only one person on the board of directors who can be viewed as independent. The  board is made up of Freddy Shepherd, his brother Bruce, Douglas Hall and his sister Alison. The single independent voice is Timothy Revill an accountant based in Gibraltar.

2. Freddy Shepherd is both Chairman and Executive Director, which means he is responsible for who is on the board, and for the day to day decision making. The Best Practice is that these two roles are not held by the same person. This is to ensure that someone is checking on the standard of work being done by the person running the business. The way it is with Freddy Shepherd is that no one can question how well he is doing.

3. The club does not have someone who can suggest appointments to the board, a "Nominations Committee".  This means that Shepherd can appoint who ever he wants into any position without any checking that they are the right person for the job.

4. The Remuneration committee who decide how much to pay board members is made up of only two people Bruce Shepherd and Tim Revill. As Bruce Shepherd is Freddy's brother he is not viewed as being independent. Tim Revill an accountant based in Gibraltar is independent.

5. The money paid to Freddy Shepherd and Douglas Hall is not dependent on how well the club performs, nor on any individual targets that should be set for them in. The Code says is should be.

6. Freddy Shepherd and Douglas Hall are on two years notice. So if NUFC wished to sack them they would have to pay two years salary to them. Freddy Shepherd was paid £500,000 in 2004, Douglas Hall £450,000 per year, so it would cost £1m and £900,000 respectively to sack each of them. The standard is for directors to have contracts of no more than 12 months.

7. The club have an Audit Committee which reviews how well the business looks after its accounts and financial policy. As with the Remuneration Committee this committee is made up of Bruce Shepherd and Tim Revill. Only Mr Revill an accountant based in Gibraltar is viewed as independent.

isn't Revill Doug Hall's personal accountant?

A small price to pay considering the £3m it cost to get rid of Souness.

Aye, they might fail.

relegation

As the lad said, they're investors, they'll want to make money from their investment and the only way to do that is for NUFC to have a successful football team.

Chelsea are very successfull - care to tell us what their profits have been?

So what if they've not got any experience of running a football club, I've no doubt they are taking the best advice available and, if and when they takeover NUFC, they will then employ the best people available to take the club forward, irrespective of where they come from!

Just like Peter Ridsdale and Bob Murray did. Sod it, we might as well go and poach Gibson from the mutants

You think Peter Ridsdale and Bob Murray took the best advice possible ? They need to make more advice available if that's the case. As for Chelsea, it's not been used to make money it's been used as a play toy for the Russian.

Guest Gemmill

Aye, they might fail.

relegation

Do you think Belgravia are going to install a team of fund managers to run the club or something?  Why would we want Belgravia directors to be available for talk-ins?  Do you think they'll be managing first team affairs or something? 

In short, do you think any of the trying-to-look-clever questions that you've asked above have achieved their goal?  I'll go on the record as saying that I don't.  bluebigrazz.gif

of course the club will be run by fund managaers, they are the ones who are the bosses at the end of the day FFS. If you logged off of here once in a while and went to some meetings you might get an idea of how business works

:lol:  You're as thick as clarts if you think that a successful investment group are going to presume that they have the wherewithall to run a football club without appointing a board with experience in the industry.  As for your comment on how businesses work, I've got a pretty good idea, funnily enough.  I can understand how someone who'll still be a student on his 30th birthday wouldn't have the foggiest though.  :cool:

it's called being privelaged enough to not have to spend every year of your life working, or not in your case

you have complete faith that Belgravia won't go out and appoint the next Leeds/mackem/Charlton/West Brom board?

or do they again sub-contract the interview process as well as the running of the business? Or appoint former directors like FF as 'consultants'?

where is this all star team of knowledgable football directors just sitting around kicking their heels? Good talent costs money.

After the expert board's wages, Micheal Owen's wages, the hedge fund profits, the dividend, the geordie fan ticket subsidy etc, where is Phil Scolari's wages gonna come from?

Wow, you're like a bullshit fountain.  I don't have complete faith in Belgravia, but I'd certainly be willing to take a risk on them.  I KNOW the only way from here with Shepherd in charge is down.  Even if it's 50/50 success/failure chance with Belgravia, that's preferable to a 100% guarantee of continued fuck-ups with the current board isn't it?

I'm well aware that appointing a decent board will cost money.  And you know what?  I reckon Belgravia will have made some allowance for that in their business plan.  If not, I hope they're reading this thread so that you can keep them up to speed on what it's going to take to successfully take the business over.  I'd hate to think they only have enough to buy the shares and then suddenly realise that the cupboards are bare.  Something tells me they've put a bit more thought into it than that though.

And more

* In 2005 the club paid £27,000 in rent to Shepherd Offshore Ltd.

* In 2004 Douglas Hall sold Newcastle United a  "fixed asset" worth £50,000. There is no description of what this asset may be, but Hall was widely reported to have traded in cars in his capacity as director of Cameron Hall. If you know what the club actually bought from him please get in touch. The best suggestion we've had so far is that this was for the N1JFC number plate.

* In 2005 SMP Services were paid £335,000 by Newcastle United fpr 'lease rents, having been paid £271,000 in 2004 and £316,000 in 2003. Bruce Shepherd is a director of SMP Services which used to be known as "Shepherd Manpower Limited". This deal is believed to be part of the rental agreement for storage of NUFC merchandise. Again if you have more information please let us know. So a three year total rental cost of £922,000.

* BDO Fidecs were paid £3,000 for professional fees in 2004, having been paid £5,000 in 2003, this was reduced to nil in 2005. Tim Revill the only member of the board viewed as independent is a director of BDO Fidecs. The only information we can find on Tim Revill and BDO Fidecs can be seen here

http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/ for even more

At least Dick Turpin wore a fuking mask.

Guest Gemmill

I'm pretty sure that that would be negotiated down as part of the takeover bid.  I don't think they would get this on top of the buyout of their shares.

do you think Belgravia have a bottomless pit of transfer funds?

No. Do you think Fat Freddy does?

do you think Belgravia have any experience of running a football club?

Did Fat Freddy have any experience of running a football club before he started running a football club? I reckon they'll have the sense to appoint someone who knows how to do it.

do you think Belgravia have any links to the Premier League, the FA, UEFA, FIFA?

Don't know, don't care. It's irrelevant.

do you think Belgravia would put the fans before the balance sheet?

Do you think Fat Freddy puts the fans before the business of lining his pocket?

Do you think Belgravia directors will be regularly available for talk ins?

Don't care. Irrelevant.

Do you think Belgravia will stand for copyright infringement of their brand?

No. Don't care, though.

Do you think Belgravia know why you or I even go to a football match even though we have achieved the some total of fuckall?

If Fat Fred understands, please point out to me how this makes his performance any better than what we can see on the pitch, read in the league table, or groan about in the newspapers?

I'm pretty sure that that would be negotiated down as part of the takeover bid.  I don't think they would get this on top of the buyout of their shares.

Tbh, they can have it, if that would smooth over the deal, or got them out a month earlier then so be it.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Aye, they might fail.

relegation

Wow, you're like a bullshit fountain.  I don't have complete faith in Belgravia, but I'd certainly be willing to take a risk on them.  I KNOW the only way from here with Shepherd in charge is down.  Even if it's 50/50 success/failure chance with Belgravia, that's preferable to a 100% guarantee of continued fuck-ups with the current board isn't it?

I'm well aware that appointing a decent board will cost money.  And you know what?  I reckon Belgravia will have made some allowance for that in their business plan.  If not, I hope they're reading this thread so that you can keep them up to speed on what it's going to take to successfully take the business over.  I'd hate to think they only have enough to buy the shares and then suddenly realise that the cupboards are bare.  Something tells me they've put a bit more thought into it than that though.

theyre only just inspecting the accounts now

tbh, they're only interested because of the prospect of individually negotiated media right which is on the horizon

I don't think how the club is run is much going to bother them until 6 months before that time

In the mean time you really think they will bust their humps and break the bank to break to win games? No. A profitable business is miles away from a great football club. Only Liverpool could be considered both, and even their owner wants rid

Guest Gemmill

Why would they ? The shares aren't part of their job so if they lost their shares there is no way they are just going to walk away with hardly anything they will stick with what is in their contract.

They may not, but they're getting paid a substantial premium on their shares as it is, so there's a possibility that part of the deal will be that they sign away their rights to any notice period on their wages.  We probably won't find out one way or the other.

Guest Gemmill

Aye, they might fail.

relegation

theyre only just inspecting the accounts now

tbh, they're only interested because of the prospect of individually negotiated media right which is on the horizon

I don't think how the club is run is much going to bother them until 6 months before that time

In the mean time you really think they will bust their humps and break the bank to break to win games? No. A profitable business is miles away from a great football club. Only Liverpool could be considered both, and even their owner wants rid

Look at the situation now - fans are already talking about staying away from cup games and not buying merchandise.  If things get worse, so will that situation.  That's the core of the club's turnover, not individually negotiated TV deals.  Lose the attendances and you lose money.  Do you really think Belgravia think that they can come in and run the club into the ground, make us even worse than we are, and still make a profit just off the back of a TV deal?  We don't turn enough of a profit as things are man, they need to make huge improvements to the team and the club to get the returns they'll be looking after.

Guest Invicta_Toon

do you think Belgravia have a bottomless pit of transfer funds?

No. Do you think Fat Freddy does?

FF doesn't hesitate to rape the clubs funds if he is in the shit. Belgravia won't. Cue endless manager appeals for money

do you think Belgravia have any experience of running a football club?

Did Fat Freddy have any experience of running a football club before he started running a football club? I reckon they'll have the sense to appoint someone who knows how to do it.

proving my point - FF is shit. It would be nice to have a different approach wouldn't it. i.e. A tycoon who knows football

do you think Belgravia have any links to the Premier League, the FA, UEFA, FIFA?

Don't know, don't care. It's irrelevant.

So we didn't have to negotiate special dispensation from Premier League chairman recently?

So we haven't recently been in the shit with the FA over VAT payments?

So we haven't recenlty been implicated in an FA inquiry over bungs?

So we have never had to deal with UEFA/FIFA over world cup stars being injured?

do you think Belgravia would put the fans before the balance sheet?

Do you think Fat Freddy puts the fans before the business of lining his pocket?

see point above, why are you in favour of maintaining the same situation?

Don't care. Irrelevant.

You don't care that you will never hear/see from the people running the club? At least FF talks to the media, if only to talk shite

Do you think Belgravia will stand for copyright infringement of their brand?

No. Don't care, though.

obviously don't read this board much.

Do you think Belgravia know why you or I even go to a football match even though we have achieved the some total of fuckall?

If Fat Fred understands, please point out to me how this makes his performance any better than what we can see on the pitch, read in the league table, or groan about in the newspapers?

Even though he has no skills whatsoever, even he knows what we want and when he's fucked up

Guest Invicta_Toon

Isn't Freddy the man who always holds our AGM in London so that the fans can't put their views across?

better book your tickets for Jersey then....