Belgravia step up Toon bid

Guest smoggeordie

Invicta makes a good point about Shepherd's sensitivity to fan unrest and his propensity to dig into the old overdraft. Belgravia are much more unlikely to do this, though that is not neccessarily a bad thing. what the club needs is intelligent management rather than throwing money at every problem, or every time the natives get restless. especially if it is money we dont really have.

Guest Invicta_Toon

no-one has the first clue about what the belgravia groups intentions are toward NUFC, and who, or group of people, will act as the club's executive directors if they do take control

They'll want to make money. This can only be done by, first and foremost, by pursuing success on the pitch and making Newcastle once again a team that people want to watch – something that now seems to be way beyond Shepherd and his cronies.

Aye, they might fail.

But then again, this is the second season in a row where the consensus is that we're in danger of relegation. So what's to fear from a change at the top?

relegation

do you think Belgravia have a bottomless pit of transfer funds? do you think Belgravia have any experience of running a football club? do you think Belgravia have any links to the Premier League, the FA, UEFA, FIFA? do you think Belgravia would put the fans before the balance sheet? Do you think Belgravia directors will be regularly available for talk ins? Do you think Belgravia will stand for copyright infringement of their brand? Do you think Belgravia know why you or I even go to a football match even though we have achieved the some total of fuckall?

Do you think Belgravia are going to install a team of fund managers to run the club or something?  Why would we want Belgravia directors to be available for talk-ins?  Do you think they'll be managing first team affairs or something? 

In short, do you think any of the trying-to-look-clever questions that you've asked above have achieved their goal?  I'll go on the record as saying that I don't.  bluebigrazz.gif

right so theyre just gonna sub-con the job to the Barca board are they?

of course the club will be run by fund managaers, they are the ones who are the bosses at the end of the day FFS. If you logged off of here once in a while and went to some meetings you might get an idea of how business works

stick that in your 'record' and smoke it  blueyes.gif

:lol:  You're as thick as clarts if you think that a successful investment group are going to presume that they have the wherewithall to run a football club without appointing a board with experience in the industry.  As for your comment on how businesses work, I've got a pretty good idea, funnily enough.  I can understand how someone who'll still be a student on his 30th birthday wouldn't have the foggiest though.  :cool:

it's called being privelaged enough to not have to spend every year of your life working, or not in your case

you have complete faith that Belgravia won't go out and appoint the next Leeds/mackem/Charlton/West Brom board?

or do they again sub-contract the interview process as well as the running of the business? Or appoint former directors like FF as 'consultants'?

where is this all star team of knowledgable football directors just sitting around kicking their heels? Good talent costs money.

After the expert board's wages, Micheal Owen's wages, the hedge fund profits, the dividend, the geordie fan ticket subsidy etc, where is Phil Scolari's wages gonna come from?

Wow, you're like a bullshit fountain.  I don't have complete faith in Belgravia, but I'd certainly be willing to take a risk on them.  I KNOW the only way from here with Shepherd in charge is down.  Even if it's 50/50 success/failure chance with Belgravia, that's preferable to a 100% guarantee of continued fuck-ups with the current board isn't it?

I'm well aware that appointing a decent board will cost money.  And you know what?  I reckon Belgravia will have made some allowance for that in their business plan.  If not, I hope they're reading this thread so that you can keep them up to speed on what it's going to take to successfully take the business over.  I'd hate to think they only have enough to buy the shares and then suddenly realise that the cupboards are bare.  Something tells me they've put a bit more thought into it than that though.

theyre only just inspecting the accounts now

tbh, they're only interested because of the prospect of individually negotiated media right which is on the horizon

I don't think how the club is run is much going to bother them until 6 months before that time

In the mean time you really think they will bust their humps and break the bank to break to win games? No. A profitable business is miles away from a great football club. Only Liverpool could be considered both, and even their owner wants rid

Look at the situation now - fans are already talking about staying away from cup games and not buying merchandise.  If things get worse, so will that situation.  That's the core of the club's turnover, not individually negotiated TV deals.  Lose the attendances and you lose money.  Do you really think Belgravia think that they can come in and run the club into the ground, make us even worse than we are, and still make a profit just off the back of a TV deal?  We don't turn enough of a profit as things are man, they need to make huge improvements to the team and the club to get the returns they'll be looking after.

ST's don't even cover player costs

Sky money and merchandising are a massive part of the revenue.

They will easily be able to make the club tick over with the least amount of mopney possible. How much do you think it takes to keep the likes of Blackburn and Chartlon ticking over.

NUFC have the biggest potential of any club not already recently taken over to profit massively from the next generation in media rights.

Invicta makes a good point about Shepherd's sensitivity to fan unrest and his propensity to dig into the old overdraft. Belgravia are much more unlikely to do this, though that is not neccessarily a bad thing. what the club needs is intelligent management rather than throwing money at every problem, or every time the natives get restless. especially if it is money we dont really have.

Shepherd puts more cash up because it's the only way he knows how to solve a problem that he caused in the first place. The sad thing is though that it appeases the fans in the short term and gives Freddy more time to pick up his dividends.

Cover the loan on the stadium though

Until clubs can handle their own TV revenue

They will easily be able to make the club tick over with the least amount of mopney possible. How much do you think it takes to keep the likes of Blackburn and Chartlon ticking over.

But the real money is playing Champions League football.

NUFC have the biggest potential of any club not already recently taken over to profit massively from the next generation in media rights.

And to do this well European football is a must to really sell the club abroad.

Guest Invicta_Toon

some of the brands Belgravia's strategic marketing arm has worked with:

http://www.theaffinitycompany.co.uk/section/4/index.html

seems they have quite the sporting pedigree...

Aye, an NUFC credit card...

now I realise exactly where we have been going wrong  blueyes.gif

That is all about sweating the brand for all the money it is worth, nothing at all to do with knowing how to successfully run a club (i.e. win trophies)

Shepherd puts more cash up because it's the only way he knows how to solve a problem that he caused in the first place. The sad thing is though that it appeases the fans in the short term and gives Freddy more time to pick up his dividends.

in most cases it is money the club has anyway, so the new owners are going to have access to those funds as well, except they might exercise better judgement when it comes to spending it. i think it was only the Owen signing that was funded by an overdraft. not sure though, macbeth is the man to ask.

Guest Gemmill

no-one has the first clue about what the belgravia groups intentions are toward NUFC, and who, or group of people, will act as the club's executive directors if they do take control

They'll want to make money. This can only be done by, first and foremost, by pursuing success on the pitch and making Newcastle once again a team that people want to watch – something that now seems to be way beyond Shepherd and his cronies.

Aye, they might fail.

But then again, this is the second season in a row where the consensus is that we're in danger of relegation. So what's to fear from a change at the top?

relegation

do you think Belgravia have a bottomless pit of transfer funds? do you think Belgravia have any experience of running a football club? do you think Belgravia have any links to the Premier League, the FA, UEFA, FIFA? do you think Belgravia would put the fans before the balance sheet? Do you think Belgravia directors will be regularly available for talk ins? Do you think Belgravia will stand for copyright infringement of their brand? Do you think Belgravia know why you or I even go to a football match even though we have achieved the some total of fuckall?

Do you think Belgravia are going to install a team of fund managers to run the club or something?  Why would we want Belgravia directors to be available for talk-ins?  Do you think they'll be managing first team affairs or something? 

In short, do you think any of the trying-to-look-clever questions that you've asked above have achieved their goal?  I'll go on the record as saying that I don't.  bluebigrazz.gif

of course the club will be run by fund managaers, they are the ones who are the bosses at the end of the day FFS. If you logged off of here once in a while and went to some meetings you might get an idea of how business works

:lol:  You're as thick as clarts if you think that a successful investment group are going to presume that they have the wherewithall to run a football club without appointing a board with experience in the industry.  As for your comment on how businesses work, I've got a pretty good idea, funnily enough.  I can understand how someone who'll still be a student on his 30th birthday wouldn't have the foggiest though.  :cool:

it's called being privelaged enough to not have to spend every year of your life working, or not in your case

you have complete faith that Belgravia won't go out and appoint the next Leeds/mackem/Charlton/West Brom board?

or do they again sub-contract the interview process as well as the running of the business? Or appoint former directors like FF as 'consultants'?

where is this all star team of knowledgable football directors just sitting around kicking their heels? Good talent costs money.

After the expert board's wages, Micheal Owen's wages, the hedge fund profits, the dividend, the geordie fan ticket subsidy etc, where is Phil Scolari's wages gonna come from?

Wow, you're like a bullshit fountain.  I don't have complete faith in Belgravia, but I'd certainly be willing to take a risk on them.  I KNOW the only way from here with Shepherd in charge is down.  Even if it's 50/50 success/failure chance with Belgravia, that's preferable to a 100% guarantee of continued fuck-ups with the current board isn't it?

I'm well aware that appointing a decent board will cost money.  And you know what?  I reckon Belgravia will have made some allowance for that in their business plan.  If not, I hope they're reading this thread so that you can keep them up to speed on what it's going to take to successfully take the business over.  I'd hate to think they only have enough to buy the shares and then suddenly realise that the cupboards are bare.  Something tells me they've put a bit more thought into it than that though.

tbh, they're only interested because of the prospect of individually negotiated media right which is on the horizon

I don't think how the club is run is much going to bother them until 6 months before that time

In the mean time you really think they will bust their humps and break the bank to break to win games? No. A profitable business is miles away from a great football club. Only Liverpool could be considered both, and even their owner wants rid

Look at the situation now - fans are already talking about staying away from cup games and not buying merchandise.  If things get worse, so will that situation.  That's the core of the club's turnover, not individually negotiated TV deals.  Lose the attendances and you lose money.  Do you really think Belgravia think that they can come in and run the club into the ground, make us even worse than we are, and still make a profit just off the back of a TV deal?  We don't turn enough of a profit as things are man, they need to make huge improvements to the team and the club to get the returns they'll be looking after.

TV and broadcasting is 32% of turnover.  Match tickets account for 40%.  Merchandising accounts for 9%.  Lose a chunk of that 40%, especially in season ticket sales, and we'd be making losses.  Which isn't what Belgravia are looking to take us over to do.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Cover the loan on the stadium though

Until clubs can handle their own TV revenue

But the real money is playing Champions League football.

And to do this well European football is a must to really sell the club abroad.

which is why Belgravia et al are sniffing around.

Champions league is rapidly becoming an exclusive G14 club. No matter who is running things, NUFC will never be in that club

FF doesn't hesitate to rape the clubs funds if he is in the shit.

You think this is a good thing?

It would be nice to have a different approach wouldn't it. i.e. A tycoon who knows football

No, an organisation that knew how to run a business and how to make the right kind of appointment would be fine, thanks.

So we didn't have to negotiate special dispensation from Premier League chairman recently?

So we haven't recently been in the shit with the FA over VAT payments?

So we haven't recenlty been implicated in an FA inquiry over bungs?

So we have never had to deal with UEFA/FIFA over world cup stars being injured?

You've lost me here, save for the special dispensation -- when the chairmen graciously allowed us to appoint a shite manager, then probably laughed all the way home -- how is being in the shit with the FA over VAT, getting implicated re bungs and failing to get much out of FIFA (it's nowt to do with UEFA) any kind of argument for Fat Freddy?

see point above, why are you in favour of maintaining the same situation?

You seem to think we've got a chance of being taken over by your Fairy Godmother.

You don't care that you will never hear/see from the people running the club? At least FF talks to the media, if only to talk shite

I don't know that we won't, but who will miss Fat Fred talking shite?

Even though he has no skills whatsoever, even he knows what we want and when he's fucked up

Irrelevant as he's obviously unable to deliver what we want -- except the thing we want most right now, which is to see the back of him.

Right. What we need is a plan and some solid investment in it, not some fat fuck throwing (our) money at the problem in the short-term interests of saving his own skin.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Aye, they might fail.

relegation

TV and broadcasting is 32% of turnover.  Match tickets account for 40%.  Merchandising accounts for 9%.  Lose a chunk of that 40%, especially in season ticket sales, and we'd be making losses.  Which isn't what Belgravia are looking to take us over to do.

losses when you make the ridiculous spending every year to appease the Geordie faithfull.

If there is a takeover, everyone will quietly go back to attending and there won't be any crisis will there? We'll still most likely be shit though

Guest Invicta_Toon

I don't think people are getting where Invicta_Toon is coming from. I believe he wants shot of FF like the rest of us, he just don't want the BVelgravia group to take over. I might be wrong mind.

You are never wrong Phil except where it comes to leaving the forum in the hands of HTT  bluelaugh.gif

I don't think people are getting where Invicta_Toon is coming from. I believe he wants shot of FF like the rest of us, he just don't want the BVelgravia group to take over. I might be wrong mind.

Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't?

Even though i hardly know anything about them, i know too much about Shepherd and i know he is no good for this football club.

We need someone to asset strip, make us financially viable and build a solid business foundation, coz if we don't were going to keep sinking.

Do you think Belgravia will allow Mr Dyer to sit around, playing one game in a blue moon for £65,000 per week?

some of the brands Belgravia's strategic marketing arm has worked with:

http://www.theaffinitycompany.co.uk/section/4/index.html

seems they have quite the sporting pedigree...

Aye, an NUFC credit card...

now I realise exactly where we have been going wrong  blueyes.gif

That is all about sweating the brand for all the money it is worth, nothing at all to do with knowing how to successfully run a club (i.e. win trophies)

that is part of it, certainly. but after all the high-profile razmattaz hollywood shite we've tried in the past couple of years i doubt there's much more you can squeeze from the nufc brand. the only way i can see us increasing our commercial revenues is through actual footballing success. and regardless, that is just the strategic marketing arm of the company their management division also has a sporting track record.

p.s.

https://wwwn.applyonlinenow.com/UKCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=5NUFCRWOMG_OST&mc=OMG-AFF-47905-48133

Football clubs don't make much money unless they are successful, be it winning things or qualifying for Europe.

If I were Belglavia and wanted to just raise some money i'd be looking elsewhere.

Football clubs don't make much money unless they are successful, be it winning things or qualifying for Europe.

or buying beckham  bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif

That's an exceptional case, and now has passed anyway IMO.

or buying beckham  bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif

That's an exceptional case, and now has passed anyway IMO.

true. i hope it's passed anyway.

Guest Gemmill

Aye, they might fail.

relegation

losses when you make the ridiculous spending every year to appease the Geordie faithfull.

If there is a takeover, everyone will quietly go back to attending and there won't be any crisis will there? We'll still most likely be shit though

I don't want to be a prick and patronise you if you know this already, but you do realise that player spending doesn't come off the profits in a chunk, don't you?  We'll still have the same playing staff and the same amortisation charges hitting the accounts as previously unless they came in and started a fire-sale, which would definitely nuke the attendances.