Crowd vs Pompey

Karjala
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Basically, if you don't go to the game, you can't criticise others who don't. Without looking stupid. Especially using Kiwi's argument, seen as even last night's crowd would comfortably beat the attendance to lots of League Cup ties at St. James' in 70's and 80's.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Blackburn 14,732 against the Champions

Newcastle 25,028 against Portsmouth

And Blackburn are 6 places above us

Guest Rushian

How much were liverpool charging? it looked a full house on the telly.

Surely not £20 a ticket though?

£20 adults, £15 over 65s, £30 adult and child tickets (club doesn't sell individual kids tickets).

25,000 people.

That's a lot of people. Don't really care if it's our lowest attendance. It's not a bad attendance at all considering the circumstances. The weather, the opposition, the current run of form, the prices, the competition, the teamsheet... 25,000s a decent turn-out for such a game, i reckon.

I thought it was a decent turn out as well.

I was freezing due to getting soaked walking up to the ground and still got wet occassionaly while in the ground (Milburn L7 blueyes.gif) due to the way the wind was blowing.

Didn't look as many there as stated, but was told by a lad that works in the 1892 club that a lot of corporates watched the game on the screens indoors rather than get wet and cold outside, hence those areas of the ground being empty.

The weather will have put off a lot of people from paying on the day, if it had have been a dry night more would probably have made the trip over.

Guest king harry

Very few tickets left according to the radio, club expecting over 45,000

:lol: Seriouisly?

Im a scouser who lives in north shields, but driving to liverpool today, i had that centuary on, and they said there was a good take up for tickets. I havent got a liverpool season ticket, but go every match. Didnt bother ordering a ticket for today as i thought i could pay in. Anyway got here and was lucky to pick a ticket up off one of the lads, total sell out. I reckon newcastle will be close to the same. I know me wife is going as she doesnt get the chance for league games.

Yes £20 notes mate, loads of people there that dont usually go, a lot of kids as well which is a good thing, for games like that we should be selling kids tickets for about £5.

Im a scouser who lives in north shields, but driving to liverpool today, i had that centuary on, and they said there was a good take up for tickets. I havent got a liverpool season ticket, but go every match. Didnt bother ordering a ticket for today as i thought i could pay in. Anyway got here and was lucky to pick a ticket up off one of the lads, total sell out. I reckon newcastle will be close to the same. I know me wife is going as she doesnt get the chance for league games.

Yes £20 notes mate, loads of people there that dont usually go, a lot of kids as well which is a good thing, for games like that we should be selling kids tickets for about £5.

yea i think all clubs should do that, like has already been mentioned on here before, if kids tickets were only a fiver im sure we would have had at least another 5k if not more

Guest Rushian

yea i think all clubs should do that, like has already been mentioned on here before, if kids tickets were only a fiver im sure we would have had at least another 5k if not more

Think king harry gave slightly the wrong impression - there weren't any kids tickets for sale as such, only adult and child tickets for £30.

Think king harry gave slightly the wrong impression - there weren't any kids tickets for sale as such, only adult and child tickets for £30.

Great turnout and it highlights the general apathy around this place as we would normally match anybody for crowds in league cup games.

Anyhoo speaking of attendances I remember Liverpool got 33,000 against Pompey for a league game two seasons ago was there a big reason for this?, just seems strange that Liverpool can get 42,000 last night in the cup but such a low crowd for a league game?.

Guest spike spiegel

I remember that, it happened twice on the bounce against Pompey at Anfield. It was well weird, I think it had to do with St Paddys day maybe.

I remember that, it happened twice on the bounce against Pompey at Anfield. It was well weird, I think it had to do with St Paddys day maybe.

And yet in 2000 when we were average, we got 39,000 at home to Leyton Orient even though it was the Second Round, and it was a two-legged match. Pretty sure the tickets would have been £20 & £10 that night too.

Guest king harry

Yes mate it was St Patricks night, fuck knows why people used that as an excuse though. The worst attendance ive seen was in about 93 when we played Auxere, 2-0 down from the first leg and we only got 23,000.