Man Utd and Liverpool reported to the Premier League

Dave

Bentley has had his head turned by your interest, and others before you. Without genuine evidence of direct 'tapping up' that is no different to what United have done with Berbatov.

What goes around comes around. You're just lower on the food chain.

Will you give a s*** about Blackburn when he signs for you?

That was a political statment by Levy, pure and simple. I bet your forums today are full of anger at the two players, when they should be questioning why you're selling your best players again after spending all this money recently, and hiring a top manager with aspirations of breaking into the top four.

Except for united making their interest public and us not saying a word about our interest in the press?

What difference does it make whether you tap-up a player in private, or tap-up a player in public?

WE DIDNT TAP BENTLEY UP, is my point mate. Where exactly is this Bentley information comming from?

Optimistic you've failed (for the 4th time now i think) to answer the question put forward to you by myself.

Until I see evidence of Man Utd talking to Berbatov without permission i'm taking story as Spurs spitting their dummy out that someone wants their best player, has said so in public (which is NOT against the rules) and that he wants to go.

Public Statements

8. A statement made publicly by or on behalf of a Club expressing interest in acquiring the registration

of a Contract Player or by a Contract Player expressing interest in transferring his registration to

another Club (or club) shall in either case be treated as an indirect approach for the purposes of Rules

K.3 and K.6.

s*** is that the rule? Apologies in which case I didn't know.

Even so, that rule is absolutely ridiculous.

That rule is unenforcable by law. If there was to be any sort of sanction against the two teams they can just appeal to the legal system. It clearly isn't against the law to tap up another companies employee. I can see this being another Bosman type case.

technically it could be enforcable simply by the governing bodies saying you can buy who we want but we will only accept the registrations of those we agree were signed within these rules.

think of the salary caps in rugby..you'd think with them being businesses an outside force .ie their codes governing bodies, can dictate to them practises that will affect their performance.