Keegans warns board about lack of depth Harsh Winter Warning

Guest microbar

I'd like to think KK can come up with another Malcolm Allen type signing up front.  We paid peanuts for him but he was a great buy.  A real pity injury cut short his career.

That's a name from the past. Frankly can't remember much of Malcolm Allen. Did see him once when I was at the old Maidencastle training ground circa Sep 1995. He cut a sad figure doing laps himself whilst the rest were out training.

On the basis of that press report alone, I've just decided that I'm going to lay a £500 bet on us getting relegated this year. :rolleyes:

I think the bottom 3 are nailed on this year Stoke, WBA and Hull

I'm predicting WBA to do well, above 15th anyway.

Agreed - Mowbray is one of the best young managers, and will prove it this season - if he hasn't already..

I, like most, am alarmed about the depth of the squad, but Robson took us to great things with a pretty thin first-team squad. If anyone can work managerial magic like Robson it's Keegan. Don't reckon we'll get four more, probably more like two in reality, and then we'll just have to hope for the best. Still think we'll do miles better than last season anyway.

"Speaking of Newcastle's transfer dealings, the former England coach said: "We might not have been that successful in the market but there's a long time to go, plenty of opportunities. If the right player comes in and we think he's right for Newcastle, we'll be there pitching."

Trying not to read to much into this but i get the feeling we have failed elsewhere to get the players we are after and its plan b etc .Hopefully it will all turn out ok and we will all be happier come the end of the window but a few injuries and we will be in the claggy stuff .

I predict snow.

Hope your right just spent £1000 pounds on a sledge for the kids  :-[

the best sledge ever is from cosco and is £15 so i'm assuming yours came with a £985 snow machine.

I predict snow.

the best sledge ever is from cosco and is £15 so i'm assuming yours came with a £985 snow machine.

Is that the place you go too near the metro centre when your pissed .

I predict snow.

Is that the place you go too near the metro centre when your pissed .

and when i'm sober.

I keep hearing we are desperate for a couple of defenders and a playmaker, but IMO, we need a mobile target man as well. The chances of Viduka being fit for most of the season are nil.

Well if the £5m fee is correct, I'd take Nikola Žigić as that target man.

the longest 'lack of depth' warning

You make it sound like something to do with submarines. I hear klaxons and see red lights flashing DANGER and lots of guys in polo neck sweaters running around. A loudspeaker barks: Warning, lack of depth! I repeat...

Guest elbee909

You make it sound like something to do with submarines. I hear klaxons and see red lights flashing DANGER and lots of guys in polo neck sweaters running around. A loudspeaker barks: Warning, lack of depth! I repeat...

Iceberg ahead!  Something big, white, immobile... oh hold on, it's Marc Viduka.

:lol:

mackems.gif

:lol: