Welcome back Joey !

Benwell Lad

In which case,  should Roy Keane be charged now with violent conduct for admitting a few years later in a book what he done to Inge-Haaland?

They did charge him. Well, of bringing the game into disrepute.

Carry on!

Huh?

I'm just saying they did come back to Keane after he admitted it like two years later: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/2236929.stm

I know,  I was trying to let my comment pass quickly :lol:

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan says Joey Barton is unlikely to make his Magpies comeback until September at the earliest.

Barton has been training with Newcastle for the past week after being released from jail after serving two months of a six-month sentence.

Barton is unlikely to receive a warm welcome on the Toon's travels this term and Keegan is refusing to throw the 25-year-old in at the deep end until he is match fit.

However, Keegan has been delighted with Barton's attitude since returning to the club and believes once he is back playing football he will be able to put this latest episode firmly behind him.

"Joey has been working very hard on a fitness programme and is just getting his head down, which is what he has done ever since I came back to this club," Keegan said in the Daily Express.

"His training and attitude have been excellent while I've been at this club. I've spoken to him and know he has just wants to get back to playing football - simple as that.

"Joey is fine, but he won't be featuring in any games until we get him match fit. There's no way he can regain match fitness between now and the start of the season and there's no way it would be sensible to give him a game at the moment.

"Normally you need a month to five weeks to get match fit."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1780_3948384,00.html