Welcome back Joey !

Benwell Lad

Guest Teazy

No wonder other fans and tabloids have a go at us, we are easy targets. Our support is fickle, split on everything, and to be honest at times an embarassment! Did Manure Fans call for Cantona's head when he publicly assualted a supporter in a live TV game? No, the manager and supporters rallied around him. Did Evertons fans whine about Duncan Ferguson when he was jailed for a shocking assault on a fellow player? No, they rallied around him, sent him letters in jail, supported him to the hilt.

Barton has done his crime and time, move on.

The tabloids dislike us and love to stir the s**t, f**k em, stick together through thick and thin, and lets show ALL the lads pulling on the B&W that we are what we think we are, the loyalest football supporters, the world has ever had!!! 

No wonder other fans and tabloids have a go at us, we are easy targets. Our support is fickle, split on everything, and to be honest at times an embarassment! Did Manure Fans call for Cantona's head when he publicly assualted a supporter in a live TV game? No, the manager and supporters rallied around him. Did Evertons fans whine about Duncan Ferguson when he was jailed for a shocking assault on a fellow player? No, they rallied around him, sent him letters in jail, supported him to the hilt.

The tabloids dislike us and love to stir the s**t, f**k em, stick together through thick and thin, and lets show ALL the lads pulling on the B&W that we are what we think we are, the loyalest football supporters, the world has ever had!!! 

Shite opinion tbh...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Just as Newcastle supporters would have done in years gone by.

s**** opinion tbh...

eh?! How?

In the end, like it or not, it comes down to money. We have to be pragmatic.

We paid money for him, we can't reduce his wages or sack him because other clubs would pay him the same as we do and we'd lose whatever we paid for him if we sacked him. We've just got to get on with it. It's no good being judgemental about him, or self righteous or any of those things, it won't make any difference.

Keegan and Ashley are being straightforward, they're saying we can't sack him so we have to back him.  Take it or leave it.

Would you say the same if it was a member of your family he had assaulted?

And at what point do you draw the line before you say someone shouldn't being wearing a black and white strip? Obviously assault is okay with you, but what about rape or murder?

Speak for yourself.

Honestly fail to see how booing him is going to benefit NUFC at all.  :undecided:

I can understand totally why people are unhappy to see him in black and white but it's such a pointless thing to do. Keep it for the pantomime.

And at what point do you draw the line before you say someone shouldn't being wearing a black and white strip? Obviously assault is okay with you, but what about rape or murder?

:lol:

The point being that he hasnt.

Could you clarify your position here then, are you saying he should not play for Newcastle but can play for another club? Or are you saying he should not be allowed to play football again?

If its the former, then thats just blatant hypocrisy.

If its the latter you're basically saying that footballers should lose their jobs if they break the law. In which case, there would be a lot of footballers kicked out of the game and you are equating the moral imperative of the job to that of someone in the legal profession or a politician. Aye right :lol:

In fact, can anyone who thinks he is scum answer that question?

I'm very devided in this matter, I really like Joey Barton as a footballer, he's a great midfielder and obviously the best central midfielder we have at the moment. But this behaviour is just no acceptable, you can make a mistake once, but Barton has made a lot of mistakes now and this surely must be the last chance he get, not only from us but also from the police.

I welcome him back, and this time stay out of trouble...

I'd imagine most people would lose their job if they were banged up tbf, not just professionals.

Not all jobs and if you declare it, you should be able to find another job, it shouldnt preclude you from employment. You'd have to question whether he'd have been banged up in the first place if he hadnt been a footballer too.

However, thats fine, all footballers who break the law should not be allowed to play the game again. I know you werent saying anything  directly in your post there but thats what people are saying then.

:lol:

The point being that he hasnt.

Could you clarify your position here then, are you saying he should not play for Newcastle but can play for another club? Or are you saying he should not be allowed to play football again?

If its the former, then thats just blatant hypocrisy.

If its the latter you're basically saying that footballers should lose their jobs if they break the law. In which case, there would be a lot of footballers kicked out of the game and you are equating the moral imperative of the job to that of someone in the legal profession or a politician. Aye right :lol:

In fact, can anyone who thinks he is scum answer that question?

I was just asking as to where you draw the line to a player wearing the shirt again. At what point would you not want him to play for the club again, or does absolutely anything go?

I'm saying we as a club should have sacked him. We gave the bloke a second chance and he threw it back in our face and then some.

Of course footballers should lose their jobs if they break the law (especially repeatedly), I know I would.

Oh I agree with you Chez that he shouldn't be banned from all employment (football). I think it's fair that some don't want him representing our club and city though.

I'd take the piss out of him for getting what you'd expect from winding up a bit of a nutter, and then be dead jealous as he collected his massive damages windfall. Celebrity baiting is probably a very lucrative career.

Barton for England!!

Newcastle fans should want Joey Barton to succeed just as he was starting to do for us towards the end of last season before the trial came up.

Why? because the Daily Mirror dont want it to happen, thats enough reason for me alone.

Come on Joey get stuck in and play well and we'll be right behind you, Fcuk the Mirror.

Speak for yourself.

I normally do. Most other people do as well.

With the exception of the occasional knacker you get on Sky or BBC claiming to represent NUFC supporters spouting exactly what the news editor wants to hear but nothing like what most supporters actually think.

I see Nike have jumped on the tabloid fuelled Barton bandwagon.

Strange how the persecution of this Newcastle player seems to have a much higher media profile than other clubs players who in the past have been caught up in indiscretions such as drunk driving, rape allegations, videoing sex acts with teenage girls etc. I wonder why ?

Have Roy (break a players leg intentionally) Keane and El Hadj (spit on players, fans or anyone else who gets in my way) Diouf lost their deals ?

Nike are of course only exercising their commercial right, so I may exercise mine by not bothering to buy any of their overpriced, dubious quality sport, leisure and golf gear from now on.

Strange how the persecution of this Newcastle player seems to have a much higher media profile than other clubs players who in the past have been caught up in indiscretions such as drunk driving, rape allegations, videoing sex acts with teenage girls etc. I wonder why ?

Have Roy (break a players leg intentionally) Keane and El Hadj (spit on players, fans or anyone else who gets in my way) Diouf lost their deals ?

Nike are of course only exercising their commercial right, so I may exercise mine by not bothering to buy any of their overpriced, dubious quality sport, leisure and golf gear from now on.

They cancelled the deal once Barton got sentenced to time in jail though. Neither keane or Diouf did time.

They cancelled the deal once Barton got sentenced to time in jail though. Neither keane or Diouf did time.

Yeah point taken. It does seem the persecution factor is so much higher in this case though.

So if it was cancelled a while ago it's just another case of Sky etc dredging up an old story to suit their agenda ?

I find it ludicrous tht we are supposed to welcome him back tbh. The truth is we are having to keep him here because we will lose a lot of money by sacking him seeing as the shitbag refused to take a pay cut. He is being paid far too much for what he has produced, both on and off the pitch.

His move to Newcastle nearly stalled when he wanted his signing on fee from City remember. I bet Ashley regrets paying it now.

I find it ludicrous tht we are supposed to welcome him back tbh. The truth is we are having to keep him here because we will lose a lot of money by sacking him seeing as the shitbag refused to take a pay cut. He is being paid far too much for what he has produced, both on and off the pitch.

His move to Newcastle nearly stalled when he wanted his signing on fee from City remember. I bet Ashley regrets paying it now.

Still our best midfielder and one of the best in the PL on his day. Now he HAS to prove it like never before.

Still our best midfielder and one of the best in the PL on his day. Now he HAS to prove it like never before.

Once he's started proving it I'll start giving him credit for it. Rather than say "Welcome back" I'd say it's mor approriate to say "start earning your money and eraning some respect you prick. We backed you now, give us something in return other than bad headlines"

Once he's started proving it I'll start giving him credit for it. Rather than say "Welcome back" I'd say it's mor approriate to say "start earning your money and eraning some respect you prick. We backed you now, give us something in return other than bad headlines"

Yes, thats the "welcome back" he merits.

Lat's hope the band wagon jumpers and press lynch mob lay off and give him a chance to do just that.