Berbatov/Van Basten

Tooj

Some rather intelligent person writing in today's Times stated that Berbatov was more talented than Van Basten. Although it was said he wasn't as physically polished as Marco, well thank you for that valuable insight. I think Berbatov is class but to make such a claim of him being more talented than one of the greatest strikers ever is just absolute farcical. Had to have been written by a Tottingham fan.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

That is the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Van Basten was more talented purely in finishing terms than Berbatov is as a complete footballer. If that makes sense!

Guest Howaythetoon

Berbatov is massively overrated, sure he's a fine player but is he really a class or two above Robbie Keane? I think he's easy on the eye as a player and therefore considered a great player when in reality he's just another good player of which there are many in the Premier League. He's nothing special, not for the money he'll likely cost anyway. He's no Rooney, he's no Tevez, he's no Torres, he's no Keane even who scores more and creates just as many, while working much harder for the team. He's more in the Martins category than those type of players' class band if you ask me. Mind he does have the ability to be as good as those players.

Berbatov is massively overrated, sure he's a fine player but is he really a class or two above Robbie Keane? I think he's easy on the eye as a player and therefore considered a great player when in reality he's just another good player of which there are many in the Premier League. He's nothing special, not for the money he'll likely cost anyway. He's no Rooney, he's no Tevez, he's no Torres, he's no Keane even who scores more and creates just as many, while working much harder for the team. He's more in the Martins category than those type of players' class band if you ask me. Mind he does have the ability to be as good as those players.

I think Tevez is better than Rooney, form wise at the moment anyway. Rooney has sacrificed his career for the good of the team at the moment, he's certainly not the explosive player who burst onto the scene at the moment.

Interesting that you throw that last line in there. So the first 4 lines are ultimately pointless?

Interesting that you throw that last line in there. So the first 4 lines are ultimately pointless?

:lol:

Guest guinness_fiend

Hell of a nice chap aswell (MvB).

And better looking.

http://img.skysports.com/07/10/800x600/MarcovanBasten_586162.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

Having the ability and producing it are two different things. Even the most ardent Spurs fan will tell you that Keane (or would have before he left) was their key player and an all-round better player than Berbatov.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think Tevez is better than Rooney, form wise at the moment anyway. Rooney has sacrificed his career for the good of the team at the moment, he's certainly not the explosive player who burst onto the scene at the moment.

Been saying that about Rooney for ages. And I agree regarding Tevez, he's a cracking player.

Having the ability and producing it are two different things. Even the most ardent Spurs fan will tell you that Keane (or would have before he left) was their key player and an all-round better player than Berbatov.

Link?

Guest Howaythetoon

Rooney needs to bring the Beardsley in him back again IMO.

He needs played up top as a centre-forward, to forget about being the all in one player, and score a shit load of goals.

Guest kingdawson

yes he is.

This ardent fan won't.  Berbatov is streets ahead of Keane in all areas except petulance where Berbatov and Keane were neck and neck.  We robbed the scousers blind getting £19m for Keane, selling Berbatov for £25m would be letting him go on the cheap. 

yes he is.

Seconded.  O0

Guest BigTrev

Signing Berbatov will be the difference between Man U winning the league and coming second.

do you mean if they sign him they will finish second as they won it last year without him?

Guest kingdawson

WTF, are you serious? You're making things up tbh. I dont know 1 spurs fan that will agree that that statement.