Berbatov/Van Basten

Tooj

Signing Berbatov will be the difference between Man U winning the league and coming second.

do you mean if they sign him they will finish second as they won it last year without him?

No no. This season, I think Berbatov will be the crucial player in keeping them ahead of Chelsea. They lack an out and out centre forward and he'll fill the only gap they've got.

Berbatov is massively overrated, sure he's a fine player but is he really a class or two above Robbie Keane? I think he's easy on the eye as a player and therefore considered a great player when in reality he's just another good player of which there are many in the Premier League. He's nothing special, not for the money he'll likely cost anyway. He's no Rooney, he's no Tevez, he's no Torres, he's no Keane even who scores more and creates just as many, while working much harder for the team. He's more in the Martins category than those type of players' class band if you ask me. Mind he does have the ability to be as good as those players.

yes he is.

Seconded.  O0

I have to agree - Berbatov oozes class.  The one move that comes to mind is when he was outside of the box with his back to goal and a defender stuck to him.  He popped the ball up and half volleyed it into the box right at Keane was running through to finish it off.  His creativity up front and first touch are second to none.

both of them will excell in better teams, watch Berbs score and create this season for ManU

Absolutely no doubt in my mind Berbatov would be sensational at Man Utd.  Far from convinced that Keane will have anything like the same success at Liverpool.  No doubt Keane's best football at Spurs was been played alongside Berbatov, it was more usual for him to be average/fairly good alongside either Bent or Defoe.

Some rather intelligent person writing in today's Times stated that Berbatov was more talented than Van Basten. Although it was said he wasn't as physically polished as Marco, well thank you for that valuable insight. I think Berbatov is class but to make such a claim of him being more talented than one of the greatest strikers ever is just absolute farcical. Had to have been written by a Tottingham fan.

The person who made this claim is talking total tosh - Van Basten was a far better striker than Berbatov and would have been even more of a legend had he not had to retire at a very early age...Berbatov has excellent close control, but he doesn't have the cold clinical finishing skills that Van Basten had...remember him turning England's defence inside out for the third Dutch goal in Euro 88 ? OR that fantastic volley in the Final against Russia??

Berbatov is too moody ever to be compared with Van Basten - a real master.