Sebastian Pocognoli

Cronky

Guest elbee909

Enrique isn't fully fit yet.  That's all.  Bloody hell, anyone would think he'd laid a shit on Keegan's desk the way some are going on.

Why do you state something as a fact when you don't know anymore than the rest of us? Makes you look silly...

He's widely reported to have lost a lot of upper-body weight and strength.  Lose that much weight in a relatively short time and it will have a weakening effect.  Still, you're Captain bloody Sensible, what do I know.

Enrique isn't fully fit yet.  That's all.  Bloody hell, anyone would think he'd laid a shit on Keegan's desk the way some are going on.

Why do you state something as a fact when you don't know anymore than the rest of us? Makes you look silly...

He's widely reported to have lost a lot of upper-body weight and strength.  Lose that much weight in a relatively short time and it will have a weakening effect.  Still, you're Captain bloody Sensible, what do I know.

There was talk that, like Olivier Bernard before him, after being told to lose weight back home in Spain in his close season Enrique had taken the instructions to heart and had shed so much he had also lost his upper body strength.

However, Keegan said: “Looking back to the Doncaster goal, it was just sloppy from Jose more than anything.

“I don’t think you can put it down to him losing weight, he made a decision thinking he had loads of time.

“He has come back and he has lost weight.

“He was told to come back fitter than he left – he was a little bit heavy, I think – and he has done that.

“Now he just has to put the work in.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/04/jose-enrique-to-be-a-slimline-tonic-72703-21461008/

Absolutely nothing Keegan says there implies he has lost so much strength he isn't fit to play or his performances are affected by it.  He's "Fitter than he left"

Guest geordienorway
Newcastle bereidt bod voor op Pocognoli

Newcastle United staat op het punt een bod uit te brengen op Sebastien Pocognoli. De Engelse middenmoter is bereid ongeveer acht miljoen euro te betalen voor de back van AZ.

De Engelse club raakte tijdens de Olympische Spelen onder de indruk van de Belgische jongeling en ziet hem als ideale versterking voor de linkerflank, schrijft The Newcastle Evening Chronicle.

De 21-jarige Pocognoli wordt als gevolg van zijn optreden in China met diverse clubs in verband gebracht. Onder meer Olympique Lyon zou onder de indruk van de linksachter zijn.

AZ staat onwelwillend tegenover een verkoop van zijn jonge verdediger. Trainer Louis van Gaal ziet Pocognoli als belangrijke kracht.

Anything new?

schrijft The Newcastle Evening Chronicle. = Writes The Chronicle , I assume, so the answer would be no.

It's not that difficult to figure out is it?

:mystery:

It's like when people post stuff and it clearly says 'The News of the World' within the text. Newsflash people, it's the same shit.

Guest geordienorway

Maybe this site has some other info they are adding to the story from Anal Oliver. It's not that unlikely tbh.

Guest elbee909

There was talk that, like Olivier Bernard before him, after being told to lose weight back home in Spain in his close season Enrique had taken the instructions to heart and had shed so much he had also lost his upper body strength.

However, Keegan said: “Looking back to the Doncaster goal, it was just sloppy from Jose more than anything.

“I don’t think you can put it down to him losing weight, he made a decision thinking he had loads of time.

“He has come back and he has lost weight.

“He was told to come back fitter than he left – he was a little bit heavy, I think – and he has done that.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/04/jose-enrique-to-be-a-slimline-tonic-72703-21461008/

Absolutely nothing Keegan says there implies he has lost so much strength he isn't fit to play or his performances are affected by it.  He's "Fitter than he left"

Take that how you like, I guess.

Guest Dr_Delirium

Not sure on Pocognoli. He still has a lot to learn.

The German sportpaper Kicker is saying that another Belgian, Vincent Kompany is available for transfer.

There was this whole farce at the Olympic Games with Kompany and his club Hamburg. In short: after 2 matches Kompany wanted to stay at the Olympics but Hamburg wouldn't let him and forced him back.

Maybe a good replacement for Butt, Kompany can play DM and CB (although I think he's better at the DM position)

Would be happy to see Enrique being sold and/or replaced. Just something about the way he plays that I personally dislike - heavy footed, moves a bit slow despite not being a slow player, doesnt have the natural athleticism where you could see him running up and down the flanks constantly whilst still having the energy to play catchup against a pacey winger, etc etc. For example, against ManU Zog carried the ball from deep over medium distances numerous times. It's something that many of the better fullbacks in the league can do, e.g. Evra, Sagna, etc. I cant ever see Enrique doing that, as soon as he gets the ball in deep positions, he'll use his golf-club-boots to chip or clobber it somewhere.  Its as though he's from the John Arne Riise school of footballers.

I thought Enrique did well in his first Prem season ; OK, he is not eye-catching when going forward, but he    does support the attack, is a good passer of the ball and can DEFEND, which is his prime job...

At the age of 22, he will become a good LB if given time, but dropping him for a new signing would not help too much..

Either KK knows something about him we don't, or the lad is just not fit, because some of his displays last season were very good. Perhaps KK wants him to speak English properly before he picks him on a regular basis - poor communication is a problem in a defence.

I will be genuinely surprised if we sell him quickly, as he does have ability.

Guest icemanblue

What does that have to do with Newcastle?

If City can get him, we can. Fits in our new policy.

Bit late tho, innit? And the wrong thread.

What is it with Norwegians?!

From wikipedia :

A transfer to the English sides Newcastle United is Pocognoli's next destination, after the two clubs agreed a £6 million fee on Tuesday 19th August, the player will complete his tranfer over the weekend and will wear the number 5 shirt vacared by Emre.

Az and NUFC have not confirmed any, so ppl are having a good time on wikipedia :)