Official Serie A Thread

Decky

Week 8 results -

Udinese 3-1 Roma (Roma really need to stregthen in January, hovering one point above the relegation zone)

Lazio 0-1 Napoli (F. Santacroce one to watch)

Atalanta 0-1 Milan

Inter 0-0 Genoa (Surprising result)

Juventus 1-0 Torino (Juve undefeated in the derby since 1995)

Palermo 1-3 Fiorentina

Guest Heneage

Napoli are very under-rated in my opinion.

Good to see Juve beat Torino spanked them for 90 minutes pretty much. Lazio seem to be dipping which is a shame ahd them down as Champions League contenders.

The league with the low low low low tempo.. But i remember the good old days when Baggio played, Crespo at Parma, Veron at Parma, Zamorano at Inter, Salas at Lazio, Mihajlovic at Lazio, Zidane at Juventus, Batistuta at Fiorentina...

blasphemy i tell you

Do you wanna know the real reason that makes Italian football look bad?

This is my waterproof evidence, and is something i have understood a long long time.

Look at a PL game, then look at a Serie A game.

Try to remember the quality of the program and you will understand what i meen.

I speak from what i see on Canal+, they dont even send it in widescreen, its with 4:3 ratio, and the sound is horrible, the commentators is sitting in some room at home or something.

Quality of production is the difference imo

I still think this is a load of crap btw.

La Liga is programmed in a similar way over here, with Gerry Armstrong, Warren Barton, etc. in some London studio, yet it doesn't stop the quality of football being excellent on the whole.

I speak from what i see on Canal+, they dont even send it in widescreen, its with 4:3 ratio, and the sound is horrible, the commentators is sitting in some room at home or something.

:doh:

And like I've said, La Liga is shown almost in the exact same style on Sky Sports, yet it doesn't ruin that.

Italian football is boring, I can't watch, theres a lot of good players, but too much tactics and too little football. Kaka, Zlatan are great players to watch, but i think theyre wasting their time in the italian league.

Guest shaun11177

La Liga for me is No1 in terms of passing football but teams tend not to press up the field in Spain so when they come up against the Premiership teams they find it more difficult.

Watched Serie last season and it was way below the standard it used to be-it was very slow and i dont see any Italian team winning the Champions Lge.

Guest Heneage

Italian football is boring, I can't watch, theres a lot of good players, but too much tactics and too little football. Kaka, Zlatan are great players to watch, but i think theyre wasting their time in the italian league.

Why bother posting in here then?  :lol:

Its like turning up at a KKK meeting and going "I think you're all nasty pasty's".

80 grand a goal!

Siena offer Ronaldo lifeline Friday 31 October, 2008

Siena President Giovanni Lombardi Stronati is to give Brazilian star Ronaldo the opportunity to rebuild his career – at a cost of £80,000 a goal!

The 32-year-old striker is currently training with Flamengo after being released from Milan where he suffered yet another horrific knee injury.

“It’s an idea we are working on,” admitted Stronati. “They tell me that he is really thinking about retiring, but I would like to offer him one last chance.

“I spoke with his manager and I have proposed a contract of £80,000 a goal. I am willing to reduce myself to poverty, but the goals of Ronaldo could save Siena.

“My team plays well, [Marco] Giampaolo is a great Coach,” added an ebullient Stronati. “But we score little.”

Siena have found the net just seven times this season and host Fiorentina in a Tuscan derby on Sunday.

When asked if he was delusional to think a player of Ronaldo’s stature would consider joining Siena, Stronati replied: “The slogan is very simple: Ronaldo, come and try us.”

C4

elsewhere Roma are shite again.. 

How can it go so wrong after last year?

Del Pieros freekicks is murdering though, its quite incredible really.

Was hoping for an draw here

Saw the first goal, missed the second. Did he hit two?

Guest Heneage

A rare goal from Ex Parma Marco, not seen them yet but heard good things about both. Im not as "Chuffed" as normal as I know the shit state Romas in.

Guest NorwegianMag

I have to admit that I really hate Inter Milan. The only players I like on that team are Zanetti and Ibra. They hav e had some great players in the past,(Recoba, Ronaldo, Zamarano) but it is something with that team I can't stand.

In other hand, Juventus and Del Piero is mint! Amauri is a great player as well.

Guest BeatMakerz

Incredible game between Reggina and Inter tonight, Cordoba put a crucial 3-2 goal past Campagnolo in the 92` min, crazy stuff

Deserved win, Inter had some crazy chances that they missed.

yeah thought i was doomed on one of my accum's til' that happend. class

His younger brother, Paolo Cannavaro, is also a defender, and plays for Napoli. The two brothers were first spotted by an English scout when Fabio was only twelve. Michael Hutchinson (who was working for Newcastle United at the time) decided to personally train them as central defenders, having sixteen years of experience as a professional central defender himself. The two brothers played alongside each other at Parma from 2000 until 2002, when Fabio left for Inter. His mother, Gelsomina, worked as a maid and his father, Pasquale, was a bank clerk. Although they are no longer playing together, Fabio has expressed interest in ending his career with Paolo in a Napoli shirt.

F*cking hell. :lol:

Guest Heneage

I know you've gotta wonder, why he went "right ive trained you to be one of Italys strongest centre backs in years, I better be off then, oh you don't have Pistones number do you?"