Ignacio María González signed from Valencia on year-long loan deal

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest hikickry

I wonder how many people would have been happy at paying £20m for one Andrei Arshavin this time last year.

i wouldnt really be happy paying that for him now tbh  :pow:

Whats so difficult to get people? A player on a years loan is better than no player at all. Even if we don't have an option to buy, and we don't know if we don't,  if he performs well helping to push us up the league and therfore making us a more attractive proposition for other quality players next summer. I can see that as nothing but positive and if he fails we just send him back.

Guest Geordie Boyo

Sounds good to me.

A bit more cover within defence and that would do just nicely for now.

Baye  Edgar

Taylor  Cacapa

Coloccini Bassong

Enrique  Lough

A couple of injuries in defence and we look a little bit inexperienced.

To those whinging their tits off that Keegan's brought in a 26 year old attacking midfielder that nobody's heard of, can I just say "Rob Lee".

Have some faith.

Actually rob lee was far from an unknown when we signed him. Here we go again on this forum . it's the same old s***, anyone that does follow the party line is mocked and ridiculed, instead of people just respecting other peoples opinions, because that's all they bloody are opinions and the "party line" is no way more correct then any others.

To those whinging their tits off that Keegan's brought in a 26 year old attacking midfielder that nobody's heard of, can I just say "Rob Lee".

Have some faith.

Actually rob lee was far from an unknown when we signed him. Here we go again on this forum . it's the same old s***, anyone that does follow the party line is mocked and ridiculed, instead of people just respecting other peoples opinions, because that's all they bloody are opinions and the "party line" is no way more correct then any others.

Aye but you just said how you didn't understand why us or valencia would want this deal, then i explained it to you but you just ignored it.

We tried for Modric but didn't get him

We tried for Aimar but didn't get him

We were interested in Nasri but he went to Arsenal.

We've blatantly tried to sign a top class ACM but unfortunately it hasn't happened. Instead of going through the season without one, or splashing ridiculous money on Arda or Arshavin,  Keegan takes a punt on a lesser known south american, but to minimise the risk he takes him on loan rather than buying him outright. That way if he's shite we have no obligation but if he's good we keep him. It's a win-win deal and a very sensible way of doing business.

Guest hikickry

We've blatantly tried to sign a top class ACM but unfortunately it hasn't happened. Instead of going through the season without one, or splashing ridiculous money on Arda or Arshavin,  Keegan takes a punt on a lesser known south american, but to minimise the risk he takes him on loan rather than buying him outright. That way if he's s**** we have no obligation but if he's good we keep him. It's a win-win deal and a very sensible way of doing business.

only if he is that good, then valencia keep him

Have some faith.

Aye but you just said how you didn't understand why us or valencia would want this deal, then i explained it to you but you just ignored it.

No i didn't ignore it at all, I understood what you were talking about, just didn't get all excited about it because of our history of loan deals and the obscure nature of this signing. But i'm a whinging git who shouldn't be allowed to express any opionion on an internet forum :(

Guest elbee909

Have some faith.

No i didn't ignore it at all, I understood what you were talking about, just didn't get all excited about it because of our history of loan deals and the obscure nature of this signing. But i'm a whinging git who shouldn't be allowed to express any opionion on an internet forum :(

I don't see how our history of loan deals has any relevance to this one.  Might as well say that our history of transfers isn't great either so let's not bother with those.

Admittedly this signing is a little obscure but then so was Jonas for most.

Have some faith.

Look, i aint saying he will be an automatic hit, far from it. What i'm saying is that i understand this idea and i trust the transfer team in making the right choices for the right players.

If he's shite and it doesn't work out, i will be the first to critisise.

Have some faith.

Where am I mocking or ridiculing people?. Sure, I'm disrespecting people's opinions. But the opinions I'm disrespecting and dismissing are that this new guy isn't good enough when they've frankly seen fuck all of him in action and are basing their opinion solely on his age and the clubs he's been with. Frankly they're opinions deserving of dismissal.

(And Rob Lee was of course far from unknown, but he was playing outside the top flight (And had been for the last 2 years), was 26 and had never been good enough for the top sides until then. We took him and turned him into a top class midfielder who went on to get over 20 England caps. All for £700k.)

We've blatantly tried to sign a top class ACM but unfortunately it hasn't happened. Instead of going through the season without one, or splashing ridiculous money on Arda or Arshavin,  Keegan takes a punt on a lesser known south american, but to minimise the risk he takes him on loan rather than buying him outright. That way if he's s**** we have no obligation but if he's good we keep him. It's a win-win deal and a very sensible way of doing business.

only if he is that good, then valencia keep him

It's better than going through the whole of this season without one though isn't it.

Have some faith.

I don't see how our history of loan deals has any relevance to this one.  Might as well say that our history of transfers isn't great either so let's not bother with those.

Jonas was at least playing in one our europe's premier leagues.

Anyway the loan thing, is like your Uncle albert who always gives you crap presents at christmas, it it's expected, this time however he's given you something unusual some get excited hoping this will kick the trend of crap presents however the more cyncial like me know not to get their hopes up too much because the chances are slim.

Guest Stephen927

Looking forward to seeing him play, not entirely sure what to expect.

I'm refusing to go on Youtube, learnt my lesson after Alberto Luque.

Guest elbee909

Have some faith.

Anyway the loan thing, is like your Uncle albert who always gives you crap presents at christmas, it it's expected, this time however he's given you something unusual some get excited hoping this will kick the trend of crap presents however the more cyncial like me know not to get their hopes up too much because the chances are slim.

Just imagine that Wenger had signed him.  Automatically you think he might have something about him.  Because it's us, we're more likely to think he's crap.  Who's to say what the truth is?  There's enough of it not being a known player for us to be sceptical, I understand that, but I think we just have to have a bit of faith.  Unfortunately.

Have some faith.

Where am I mocking or ridiculing people?. Sure, I'm disrespecting people's opinions. But the opinions I'm disrespecting and dismissing are that this new guy isn't good enough when they've frankly seen f*** all of him in action and are basing their opinion solely on his age and the clubs he's been with. Frankly they're opinions deserving of dismissal.

(And Rob Lee was of course far from unknown, but he was playing outside the top flight (And had been for the last 2 years), was 26 and had never been good enough for the top sides until then. We took him and turned him into a top class midfielder who went on to get over 20 England caps. All for £700k.)

Were you the first person, to call people on this thread who disagree with you whingers ? The fact is you've seen fuck all for him too so don't tell me not to me a little dubious about this one either.

Rob Lee was Charton's star player, he was getting great reviews every week playing for them, Boro were already sniffing around him. Yes his game improved when he was with us, but he was a class player playing with better players, so it was to be expected. If you hadn't heard of Rob Lee back then when he was at Charlton then you knew fuck all about football. 700k back then was a lot of money, in today's market he would fetch a lot more than that.

Have some faith.

Just imagine that Wenger had signed him.  Automatically you think he might have something about him.  Because it's us, we're more likely to think he's crap.  Who's to say what the truth is?  There's enough of it not being a known player for us to be sceptical, I understand that, but I think we just have to have a bit of faith.  Unfortunately.

The thing is, having seen Keegan's signings this summer, i expect this lad to be good.

Have some faith.

Not at all actually.