Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 30/08/08 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

Guest sondre

We were an absolute joke on the offensive end. No pace up front, and our CM's don't come forward as much as they should. Hopefully we'll sign a striker, DC and a CM (pleaaaase Palacios and Valencia;D). Without Martins, we are fuck all up front.

Idiot commentator on Japanese TV too. Barton is "out of order" for smiling at Nasri. He sounded genuinely angry too.

That got to me too.

I'm listening to the same commentary. Been actually a decent one, not biased, but that thing with Barton was ridiculous. Out of order for smiling? f*** off. And then 'utterly stupid'? What was? Making a decent tackle?

that smile was in my view one of our best moments in the game.i hope he is going to play this year with this " fuck  them all attitude!!!

"

Idiot commentator on Japanese TV too. Barton is "out of order" for smiling at Nasri. He sounded genuinely angry too.

That got to me too.

I'm listening to the same commentary. Been actually a decent one, not biased, but that thing with Barton was ridiculous. Out of order for smiling? f*** off. And then 'utterly stupid'? What was? Making a decent tackle?

that smile was in my view one of our best moments in the game.i hope he is going to play this year !!!

"

FYP

Guest Howaythetoon

They were too strong, too quick and too good. A comprehensive defeat. Awful defending, awful play in midfield and up front and inept tactics. Disappointing, but expected. Arsenal are a formidable side when in full flow. Next.

Mike Ashley left? Not from what I can see.

Love reception for Barton.

then you are a mong my son.

Hold on - Are you going to try to defend Barton's recent history?

I'd love to see him perform for us but you can't deny that he deserved the reception he got. It's his responsibility now to get his s*** together.

Arsenal fans can GET F*CKED

Guest johnson293

What's happened to N'Zogbia man, he's turned s****.

Clearly pissed that Milner got to move on while he's 'stuck' here.

The Chronic made mention earlier this week of how little he (and Milner) celebrated their respective goals against Coventry.

Outclassed today.

Given 8 - Best keeper in the league would have been 6-0 if not for him

Beye 5 - ok not all that good though.

Taylor 4 - Ripped to shreds at times

Colo 6 - decent

Enrique 6 - Was looking good (Bassong 6.5 - Early days but like the look of him so far).

Jonas 7.5 - Our best outfield player by some distance. Great tracking back, and had a real go at them.

Butt 5.5 - A mixture of good and bad moments. Unlucky with his header

Gutherie 5 - Doesn't do enough for me.

Zoggy 5 - runs came to nothing

Ameobi 5 - Tried, but did very little overall.

Owen  5 - Didn't  really happen for him today, no supply.

Taylor was better than Colo by some distance for me. STrong in the air, positionally good and saved what should have been a goal when Colo stepped up to challenge Vela, got turned and it ended up with Walcott 8 yards out hitting it wide at the near post because Taylor's positioning covered half the goal the other side of Shay.

Guthrie's passing is immense, just wish he had players with better end product to give it to.

Beye and Taylor where s**** today with the zog chasing them for the bellend award for mediocrity .Beye for mewas s*** against Coventry too ,Taylor ball watching and pointing and arms swinging about like an arse was embarrassing and the Zog was s*** and got worse as the game went on.

Guest daveaha

Pleasure to watch Arsenal in full flow. Just our luck they clicked into gear today. Wenger is a genius and his team play the game the way it was meant to be played. I'm not too downhearted - this should be a moment where lessons are learned and take what we learn as the road we need to go. If there is any justice in this game Arsenal should win everything going. Three games in - 1 point ahead of schedule.

Aye.  Glad we don't have to travel to Old Trafford or Emirates for the rest of the season...

Anyway, Given was amazing... otherwise the scoreline would be worse than this...

The Chronic made mention earlier this week of how little he (and Milner) celebrated their respective goals against Coventry.

probably because they knew they hadn't scored, they were 2 own goals.  Anal stirring and been an arse again

We need better movement in the middle. Guthrie is like the ACM version of Scott Parker, slows down play too much, Nicky Butt is too old.

Guthrie is fine as long as he's paired with a partner who can actually run, ie) not Nicky Butt.

The one thing that would cause me panic is if we had not signed another central midfielder by the deadline.

Guest musika

Mike Ashley left? Not from what I can see.

Love reception for Barton.

then you are a mong my son.

Hold on - Are you going to try to defend Barton's recent history?

I'd love to see him perform for us but you can't deny that he deserved the reception he got. It's his responsibility now to get his s*** together.

Arsenal fans can GET F*CKED

'

Are you calling me an Arsenal fan because I'm not fond of a part-time footballer who spends 50% of his contract in a prison, and then refuses to take a wage cut?

Am I the only sane person here?

Outclassed today.

Given 8 - Best keeper in the league would have been 6-0 if not for him

Beye 5 - ok not all that good though.

Taylor 4 - Ripped to shreds at times

Colo 6 - decent

Enrique 6 - Was looking good (Bassong 6.5 - Early days but like the look of him so far).

Jonas 7.5 - Our best outfield player by some distance. Great tracking back, and had a real go at them.

Butt 5.5 - A mixture of good and bad moments. Unlucky with his header

Gutherie 5 - Doesn't do enough for me.

Zoggy 5 - runs came to nothing

Ameobi 5 - Tried, but did very little overall.

Owen  5 - Didn't  really happen for him today, no supply.

Ameobi 5 and Owen 5 ? What did Ameobi do the whole game ? How many times did he touch the ball ? What was his role ? If Ameobi was replaced with a donkey, would it have made any difference ?

Well, I doubt Wenger gave him a second thought all game. SO much for Arsenal being interested in him. He needs to wise up asap. Big Time Charlie Charlie needs to prove himself before shooting from the lip - or a mile over the bar as he usually does...

They were too strong, too quick and too good. A comprehensive defeat. Awful defending, awful play in midfield and up front and inept tactics. Disappointing, but expected. Arsenal are a formidable side when in full flow. Next.

Was clear from the kick off that we were not going to compete (And not just because Shola was in the line up). We gave them far too much time and space on the ball from the first minutes, and that set the tone for the rest of the game.