Sometimes the negativity of our fans is beyond me

Coxaux

Seriously some of our fans need to have a word with themselves. Now I'm not going to say this was an amazing or even great, but this was a good solid progressive transfer period.

In recent years what have Newcastle United achieved? Nothing. So why were so many of you expecting some of Europe's better players to be queuing up to join the club? Get a grip for fucks sake, we've been far too mediocre for too long now to be attracting those players, we need to claw are way into the top and half and even Europe before the bigger players in this game start to look at us a prospect again.

With this in mind we've still managed to sign classy center half in Coloccini, an exciting winger in Jonas, an attacking midfielder in Gonzales and some very exiting prospects in Bassong, Guthrie and Xisco. We've also got rid of a lot of dead wood in Carr, Ramage and Rozehnal to go along Emre who seemingly never played. I don't care what how anyone puts it but £12 million for James Milner is just too good to turn dow, especially when you consider we have more than adequate cover at the club in Geremi and Jonas.

To me that is a very progressive transfer period where we've actually converted the squad into one capable of breaking into the top half of the table.

Some people have been blind sighted by the likes of Robinho to Manchester City, but at the end of the day we can't compete so it's irrelevant. It's about time our fans lowered their expectation, we were never going to get that big name you all so desperately pined for. What we did get is some very exciting players who have the potential to get better and better.

Now stop crying, accept this window for what it was and lets get behind the team for the rest of the season.

Seriously some of our fans need to have a word with themselves. Now I'm not going to say this was an amazing or even great, but this was a good solid progressive transfer period.

In recent years what have Newcastle United achieved? Nothing. So why were so many of you expecting some of Europe's better players to be queuing up to join the club? Get a grip for fucks sake, we've been far too mediocre for too long now to be attracting those players, we need to claw are way into the top and half and even Europe before the bigger players in this game start to look at us a prospect again.

With this in mind we've still managed to sign classy center half in Coloccini, an exciting winger in Jonas, an attacking midfielder in Gonzales and some very exiting prospects in Bassong, Guthrie and Xisco. We've also got rid of a lot of dead wood in Carr, Ramage and Rozehnal to go along Emre who seemingly never played. I don't care what how anyone puts it but £12 million for James Milner is just too good to turn dow, especially when you consider we have more than adequate cover at the club in Geremi and Jonas.

To me that is a very progressive transfer period where we've actually converted the squad into one capable of breaking into the top half of the table.

Some people have been blind sighted by the likes of Robinho to Manchester City, but at the end of the day we can't compete so it's irrelevant. It's about time our fans lowered their expectation, we were never going to get that big name you all so desperately pined for, but we did get is some very exciting players who have the potential to get better and better.

Now stop crying, accept this window for what it was and lets get behind the team for the rest of the season.

I understand the general idea of what you're saying mate but where's this WOW signing we were promised.  It would have been better if they hadn't created the expectation in the first place.

Some people have been blind sighted by the likes of Robinho to Manchester City, but at the end of the day we can't compete so it's irrelevant. It's about time our fans lowered their expectation, we were never going to get that big name you all so desperately pined for, but we did get is some very exciting players who have the potential to get better and better.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

It's a nice try mate but there are too many doom mongers on here who refuse to remove their hollywood-signing tinted spectacles. Unless a player has a £10+ price tag they're just not worth bothering with according to half the dickheads on here.

I echo your sentiments. I think the players we've brought in are excellent and i'm excited to see how the two new additions work out. I'm also pretty confident that Jonas will make a bigger impact this season than Robinho but that will no doubt fall on deaf ears.

I understand the general idea of what you're saying mate but where's this WOW signing we were promised.  It would have been better if they hadn't created the expectation in the first place.

Please provide a link to the quote where we were promised a wow signing. I remember the unsubstantiated rumour that Mike Ashley had told the corporates that we would get a wow signing but nothing official.

I doubt many clubs fans are entirely happy with their team's squad. For all we know the two new guys could have the impact of Robert and Bellamy.

Please provide a link to the quote where we were promised a wow signing. I remember the unsubstantiated rumour that Mike Ashley had told the corporates that we would get a wow signing but nothing official.

See above, didn't realise it was a rumour.

It's a nice try mate but there are too many doom mongers on here who refuse to remove their hollywood-signing tinted spectacles. Unless a player has a £10+ price tag they're just not worth bothering with according to half the dickheads on here.

I echo your sentiments. I think the players we've brought in are excellent and i'm excited to see how the two new additions work out. I'm also pretty confident that Jonas will make a bigger impact this season than Robinho but that will no doubt fall on deaf ears.

You can have no way of knowing that any of the players we have brought in are 'excellent'  -  no way of knowing at all.

Give me your opinion on them in a years or so's time, and I will tell you mine then too.

I'm trying to be positive but something is not right.

Keegan said on friday he wanted 3 or 4 players in and would have Milner's money to spend, we got 2 players in and didn't spend close to what Milner got us.

Keegan was saying all last season and all summer the squad was too small yet it doesn't increase in size.

How can we have confidence, when our own manager doesn't seem to know what's going on.

There's also other issues which I think have been dealt with very poorly by the club all summer and I am definetly not happy at this time.

I'd love to see us have a great season but it just doesn't feel like it wll happen right now.

I was just about to create a thread exactly like this, well done sir.

We are in a much better position than at any time in the last few years. Yes, we aren't back to challenging at the top, but our club has been taken from terminal decline into hopeful progress.

I've not felt better about being a Newcastle fan for a long time, I'm just embarrassed at some of my fellow supporters at the moment.

We are in a much better position than at any time in the last few years. Yes, we aren't back to challenging at the top, but our club has been taken from terminal decline into hopeful progress.

I've not felt better about being a Newcastle fan for a long time, I'm just embarrassed at some of my fellow supporters at the moment.

Completely agree.

"I'd LOVE IT, if I thought you were reflecting reality  -  LOVE IT! . . . . "  

You can have no way of knowing that any of the players we have brought in are 'excellent'  -  no way of knowing at all.

Give me your opinion on them in a years or so's time, and I will tell you mine then too.

No doubt your opinion of them will go something like "They've done well but i'd have preferred fat Mike to splash £200m of his massive fortune on some big name players".

Admittedly i haven't seen them play an entire season but what i have seen is 3 foreign players (2 of them current internationals for one of the world's best international teams) adapt to a new league in a new country very quickly, and put in excellent performances against the reigning european champions. Guthrie perhaps doesn't look excellent yet but he's certainly improved our CM area.

I understand that positivity has no place on this forum but I make no apologies for my optimism.

I think some people would be alot happyer if we had signed the crap sunderland have signed, just because they have heard of them, we have signed 6 players who many have not seen or heard of and think that is the problem in some peoples mind.

Let's make no mistake, under the previous regime we were in dire financial shape and in danger of a relegation that could well have damaged this club beyond repair.

I can remember the good times under Hall/Shepherd, the signing of Shearer, the first KK era etc, but it had one badly of the rails and we were headed only one way - down.

No doubt your opinion of them will go something like "They've done well but i'd have preferred fat Mike to splash £200m of his massive fortune on some big name players".

Admittedly i haven't seen them play an entire season but what i have seen is 3 foreign players (2 of them current internationals for one of the world's best international teams) adapt to a new league in a new country very quickly, and put in excellent performances against the reigning european champions. Guthrie perhaps doesn't look excellent yet but he's certainly improved our CM area.

I understand that positivity has no place on this forum but I make no apologies for my optimism.

and you know this how?

Guest rosstoon

Re: Warren baraton centre patin. Squad looks much stronger. - I was just  saying this to someone at work. We have signed 6 players and al of them are better than what has left. Gonzales is absolute class and people will be wanting to permanantly sign him next summer.  The golakeeper pairing is the best in the league. We now have cover all the way across defence. The midfiled is strong with Barton, Guthrie, Butt, Geremi and Nzog all can play across the middle, Out wide we have Gutairezz, Nzog duff and Gonzales and upfront when fit there is not many clubs with a stronger front line 4 quality players. i know there is still deadwood such as smith and Shola but we have a strong 18 Players now who can lead us in the right direction. In January if we are in a position to challenge for europe we will spend.

and you know this how?

Just a hunch.

and you know this how?

Just a hunch.

Don't give up your day job mate!

Re: Warren baraton centre patin. Squad looks much stronger. - I was just  saying this to someone at work. We have signed 6 players and al of them are better than what has left. Gonzales is absolute class and people will be wanting to permanantly sign him next summer.  The golakeeper pairing is the best in the league. We now have cover all the way across defence. The midfiled is strong with Barton, Guthrie, Butt, Geremi and Nzog all can play across the middle, Out wide we have Gutairezz, Nzog duff and Gonzales and upfront when fit there is not many clubs with a stronger front line 4 quality players. i know there is still deadwood such as smith and Shola but we have a strong 18 Players now who can lead us in the right direction. In January if we are in a position to challenge for europe we will spend.

How may forwards are available at the minute?  Cover accross the whole back four - does that includee fullbacks?  Haway man optimism is fine but reality has to bite at some point and I'm in now way a doom monger.  I travel the whole country going to every game believing we'll get a result but this squad isn't very strong in all honesty

Guest rosstoon

How may forwards are available at the minute?  Cover accross the whole back four - does that includee fullbacks?  Haway man optimism is fine but reality has to bite at some point and I'm in now way a doom monger.  I travel the whole country going to every game believing we'll get a result but this squad isn't very strong in all honesty

Bassong and Nzog at lb, Geremi coloccini and Taylor at RB. Our current striker situation is bad due to injuries. So we go and buy a 20m striker, what happens when every1 is fit again. Its ok going and splashing the cash but remember we can onl;y have 11 players on the pitch at any 1 time. My opinion is if Smith, Shola and duff were all fit they would have gone yesterday and would have allowed us to buy. I am optimistic as I have seen how we have started and the players look an improvemtn on what we have last season. There is no one more than me yesterday hoping that it was us buying 30m player but reality is that its not the right time

Agree with the opening post. The first team has improved ten-fold.

Required in May: Improve centre-back. Check.

Required in May: Improve centre-midfield. Check.

Required in May: Improve wing options. Check.

Required in May: Improve striking options. Check.

Required in May: Improve academy personnel. Check.

Required in May: Get cover for full-back... failed.

I'm beginning to wonder what the expectations of some of the fans really were; as other people have said - we were in no position to compete for the really top calss European players, yet we've still found some of the less well-known ones and done well with it.

Wise, etc, need commending. We've brought in class players without having to spend anything. I've always thought that if Ashley wants to consolidate funds in his first year or so, then that's fine with me, so long as it is not detrimental to the team. So what's he done... he's consolidated the finances, kept us on the straight and narrow, kept us in business, and we've improved the team significantly too!

We've failed by not bringing a wing-back in, that's it really. What's to say the Milner money didn't go towards Xisco anyhow?