Dennis Wise

Optimistic Nut

'we move on the next 5 will'

5 more managers to come and go to your well run club ;D

I'm not sure well run and sucessful are the same thing.

Do you think the next manager will be sucessfull?

If he fits into the 'new structure' and is a decent coach, maybe.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that Keegan was royally shafted and a lot of people believed in him.

It looks to me that Keegan was the one trying to shaft Wise, messing the club about over transfers and then using his popularity to try and get Wise the sack.

Based on the Sun? :lol:

You get more desperate by the week with your devils advocate role, you're kidding no-one though.

So how did Wise shaft Keegan then?

By buying a player in a position that we were desperate for?

Smith would have gone if he wasn't going to have to take a massive paycut for anyone to have him. I want him gone. So did kk. That's why he wasn't even getting off the bench once our strikers were back last season. The idea that we should have kept dennis wise ahead of kevin keegan because kk 'wanted' alan smith is absolutely laughable.

I think we kept Wise cause Ashley was happy with our signings - and so am i - what more did you want from him???

for gods sake we aren't even in europe!!! To us we are massive to others we aren't. Coloccini was a massive coup -> he would have been a good signing for Man Utd. Sometimes i think our fans are stuck in the past.

I am behind our club and just want to stop this negativity. The more this carries on the more bad press we have

from what the people in the know have said (no not the press, keegan and that manager assossiation bloke) this is about the potential sales of smith and barton and the purchase of xisco, and possibly sale of milner as well.

And I agree with Wise on all of them.

Sell Smith. :thup:

Sell Barton. :thup:

Sell Milner. :thup:

Sign a striker. :thup:

Would we have replaced them at 10pm on deadline day though?

We already had Smith and Barton's replacements in Xisco and Nacho.

'we move on the next 5 will'

5 more managers to come and go to your well run club ;D

I'm not sure well run and sucessful are the same thing.

Do you think the next manager will be sucessfull?

If he fits into the 'new structure' and is a decent coach, maybe.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that Keegan was royally shafted and a lot of people believed in him.

It looks to me that Keegan was the one trying to shaft Wise, messing the club about over transfers and then using his popularity to try and get Wise the sack.

Based on the Sun? :lol:

You get more desperate by the week with your devils advocate role, you're kidding no-one though.

So how did Wise shaft Keegan then?

By buying a player in a position that we were desperate for?

Don't even get why this is based on the sun??? What did it say?

Guest optimistic nit

Smith didn't need replacing, most fans wern't including him in our sqaud lists anyway (well i wasn't) Barton would have neeeded replacing, and this isn't nacho, as we needed a CM barton or no barton.

milner was never replaced.

from what the people in the know have said (no not the press, keegan and that manager assossiation bloke) this is about the potential sales of smith and barton and the purchase of xisco, and possibly sale of milner as well.

And this is what really annoys me - if keegan chose these players it would have been briilliant.

He didn't (apparently) and now he resigned because of them. If these players turn out to be very good was Ashley correct in his decision? Will anyone respect that?

Smith didn't need replacing, most fans wern't including him in our sqaud lists anyway (well i wasn't) Barton would have neeeded replacing, and this isn't nacho, as we needed a CM barton or no barton.

Are you kidding?? You only need to look a few posts ago to see most wanted rid of Milner and 12 mill was amazing - we couldn't turn that down!!!!!

If Smith didn't need replacing then he had to go - his wage was a drain. I haven't heard any stories other than Ashley wanted to sell and Keegan wanted to keep. So in my eyes i support Ashley on this.

And this is what really annoys me - if keegan chose these players it would have been briilliant.

He didn't (apparently) and now he resigned because of them. If these players turn out to be very good was Ashley correct in his decision? Will anyone respect that?

Don't think anyone is questioning the quality of the players brought in - more the way they've been brought in

So you seriously believe getting rid of Milner to stuff the owner's pockets instead of replacing him with someone better is improving the squad? We're short in numbers, "replacing" Smith and Barton with Xisco and Nacho would leave us short two players compared to the beginning of the transfer window.

So you seriously believe getting rid of Milner to stuff the owner's pockets instead of replacing him with someone better is improving the squad? We're short in numbers, "replacing" Smith and Barton with Xisco and Nacho would leave us short two players compared to the beginning of the transfer window.

quite possibly libelous

Smith would have gone if he wasn't going to have to take a massive paycut for anyone to have him. I want him gone. So did kk. That's why he wasn't even getting off the bench once our strikers were back last season. The idea that we should have kept dennis wise ahead of kevin keegan because kk 'wanted' alan smith is absolutely laughable.

I think we kept Wise cause Ashley was happy with our signings - and so am i - what more did you want from him???

:lol:

Genuine question: why do clubs have managers if all you need is a chief scout?

Another one: how can any manager formulate a style of play when he's not getting to choose the players? Shoehorning the "best players" (ha) into a team does not work. You'd know that if you'd watched England at any time in the last ten years.

Another one: how can any manager formulate a style of play when he's not getting to choose the players? Shoehorning the "best players" (ha) into a team does not work. You'd know that if you'd watched England at any time in the last ten years.

your 2nd sentence......doesn't it work on the continent ?

Are you kidding?? You only need to look a few posts ago to see most wanted rid of Milner and 12 mill was amazing - we couldn't turn that down!!!!!

If Smith didn't need replacing then he had to go - his wage was a drain. I haven't heard any stories other than Ashley wanted to sell and Keegan wanted to keep. So in my eyes i support Ashley on this.

If you were an Arsenal fan, do you think you would you have happily seen Wenger walk because he "wanted to keep" Senderos?

Guest optimistic nit

i've already said i'm pro the milner sale, but at the same time he was never replaced.

quite possibly libelous

If the money isn't invested in the squad, it has to go somewhere else. It seems to me that making the club profitable has a higher priority than making us competitive. The lack of investment is evidence of that.

I agree with this but it's hardly a reason to resign. This is what I don't understand. That Ignacio fella is a short-term replacement for Milner, I accept this because it gives us time to look for a proper replacement. Overall I think we just missed out on another Central midfielder.

The total dominance of English clubs (many with "continental" managers who refuse to use this system) would suggest not.

quite possibly libelous

If the money isn't invested in the squad, it has to go somewhere else. It seems to me that making the club profitable has a higher priority than making us competitive. The lack of investment is evidence of that.

Could it not be sat in the clubs account?

Like it would have been when we sold Andy Cole or Woodgate?

Guest optimistic nit

I agree with this but it's hardly a reason to resign. This is what I don't understand. That Ignacio fella is a short-term replacement for Milner, I accept this because it gives us time to look for a proper replacement. Overall I think we just missed out on another Central midfielder.

and a left back.

i'm happy with the squad we're going in with mind. just worried about who we're going to be able to find to manage it.

quite possibly libelous

There's this place called a bank. We put money we make in it.

quite possibly libelous

Could it not be sat in the clubs account?

Like it would have been when we sold Andy Cole or Woodgate?

Over three consecutive transfer windows, along with increased TV money and three season's worth of season ticket sales? They must be getting some hefty interest on that bad boy.

and a left back.

i'm happy with the squad we're going in with mind. just worried about who we're going to be able to find to manage it.

I thought everyone one on here loved Enrique?

N'zogbia and Colcinni are able backups - ill reserve judgement on midfield untill i see nacho

Can someone who peddles this "the system works on the continent line" explain the presence of 4 English teams in the quarter finals of the CL and the absence of their best example (Real Madrid) from the final for the last 6 or 7 years.

The total dominance of English clubs (many with "continental" managers who refuse to use this system) would suggest not.

dominance ? only really in the past 2 or 3 years (liverpool won the champs lge but werent any near the best team in europe) and man utd and chelsea only have competition off real for fees and ages. could that be as much a reason.

Possibly, but why have it sitting around in an account just now when we need to rebuild? We've had three transfer windows under Ashley with very little spending. Like some other people, I withheld my judgement of Ashley until the end of the transfer window, and now I've lost all faith in his ambition. He's turning us into another Spurs.