Dennis Wise

Optimistic Nut

I thought we didn't believe anything the press said?  So how come most people seem to be using press rumours against Ashley, Wise etc now?

No idea mate, if anything this should have shown us how little stock to put in what the media says.

The Daily Mail, SSN and the like are beneath contempt as far as I'm concerned. The factual content of most of what they report is tiny.

It has been proved that Dennis Wise has failed to do his job properly to the level needed.

It really hasn't.

He's (Executive) Director of Football for us and reports to Ashley. If he isn't involved with player recruiment then in that role he is responsible for it so has failed to get in the players Keegan needed. Keegan said he wanted 4 players a week ago and got 2. How much more proof do you want.

A lot of people saying they're pleased with Wise/Jimenez/Vetere because of the players they've brought in, well tbh I think KK is as well. He might be over the moon with Xisco but if he was made promises about certain positions being filled with the Milner money and that hasn't been done, he has every right to feel aggrieved.

You might say he was putting it on but for my money, he's looked absolutely delighted with Jonas and Coloccini.

I totally agree. However, what if Keegan wasnt delighted with one of these players. For example, not many people know much about Xisco. What if he turned out to be shite and Keegan didnt want him? Theres no doubt that signings soo far have been impressive. BUT Keegan and no-one else should have final say on who comes in and who goes out

Is the situation at our club really that extraordinary? Picture the following scenario at almost any club.

Manager: Well, it's deadline day, we need a striker. What have you got for me?

Chief Scout: Well, here's four strikers, the two with ticks Tony can make happen with a phone call. I've got vids of all of them, match highlights and TV interviews.

<Minutes later>

Manager: Okay, that one. What's his name again?

Chief Scout: Xisco

Manager: Gee, that's a funny name. We'll have to come up with something else...

I think dennis wise and the spanish blokes have done very well so far; Bassong (young under 21 international), Gutierrez (good money-quality player), Coloccini (Big money - consistency/international),

Guthrie (young and decent-good price), Xisco (young but unknown?), Gonzalez (international-playmaker).

What they haven't done is to ship out smith, ameobi which is also part of their job description, or was that Kev who blocked them...oops!

All big clubs have global scouting operations and scouts very seldom live close to the club. None of our previous chief scouts have been based on Tyneside.

Being London based actually helps us with it's air links etc.

Dennis Wise was a good appointment - he did a great job at Leeds - and has started producing goods here in terms of the junior and senior players he has brought in.

Like all Newcastle fans I used to give him stick in his playing days but working WITH Keegan he could be a great asset.

Again most of the tripe written about him is from mischief making mackems pretending to be Newcastle fans or scurrilous reporters with an anti-Newcastle agenda.

Pretty much spot on. Obviously Wise is a Londoner and was an odious little scrote when he was a player. But what he's done since then has generally been good, and I don't see any reason why so many people are against him.

I don't see much evidence that this episode has much to do with Wise at all.

Lets face it after yesterday's debacle in the press/media they have to have someone to blame it all on.

He's just an easy target because of who he is. Bet the halfwits chanting for his head earlier have never heard of Tony Jimenez, for example.

Seriously though, Tony Jimenez is very likely the culprit instigating all the shenanigans behind the scenes imo. Wasn't he the bloke that worked behind the scenes to get Martin Jol ousted at Spurs? Guy might just think he's a kingmaker or some sought. And with us signing so many spanish speaking players, pretty sure he benefit in some way or another. :shifty:

Wise and Jimenez are very good friends apparently, wouldn't be surprised to see one leave if the other does.

I think the main man behind it all is actually Vetere. He might not be the main broker behind each deal but from what I've seen so far he's done a damn fine job of identifying proven talent. If he stays alongside Keegan I'd be very very happy.

Guest optimistic nit

If Dennis has gone that really f***s up this years naivety play. I mean we only had 1 Wise man, 11 donkeys & were missing a Messiah, now all we have is 11 donkeys  :yikes:

that joke was only boarderlinefunny the last time.

i can see dennis going to the hammers actually.

If Dennis has gone that really f***s up this years naivety play. I mean we only had 1 Wise man, 11 donkeys & were missing a Messiah, now all we have is 11 donkeys  :yikes:

that joke was only boarderlinefunny the last time.

I didn't know it was already posted.

Guest helios_centric

I won't shed a tear if Wise is sacrificed over this. It may well not be his fault, but if Keegan is to continue then someone will have to be shoved up onto the altar for the media and fans to gorge themselves on.

I'm not sure that someone who allegedly finds a handful of youth prospects each year (very questionable whether Wise has the ability to do this anyway) is worth losing any sleep over. A nice wedge of hush money would probably suit everyone and he can go back to the shire. Never liked the bloke and was unhappy we could appoint such an obnoxious twat in the first place.

The fact is Wise has as much influence in first team affairs as Jimenez and Vetere one way or another. However people, particular our friends in the media love to single out wise simply because of their agenda against him.

Now I don't Wise as much as the next person, but I still feel he's gone about the job he was given in a very professional and effective manor as have his counter-parts, but he has been persistently picked out by fans and the media as the man responsible for meddling in first team affairs.

This begs the question why the likes of Roy Keane constantly have their hoop licked clean by exactly the same personnel. The man went out and ended a fellow professional's career, that's GBH on the street. Yet Wise is constantly singled out for his violent past. People need to get past this and realise Wise is not the problem to Keegan, the system is.

I find this a real shame, especially after the psoitive start the club has made with this system in place.

I won't shed a tear if Wise is sacrificed over this. It may well not be his fault, but if Keegan is to continue then someone will have to be shoved up onto the altar for the media and fans to gorge themselves on.

I'm not sure that someone who allegedly finds a handful of youth prospects each year (very questionable whether Wise has the ability to do this anyway) is worth losing any sleep over. A nice wedge of hush money would probably suit everyone and he can go back to the shire. Never liked the bloke and was unhappy we could appoint such an obnoxious t*** in the first place.

if wise is sacrificed but it isn't his fault then surely the problem is still there.

It has been proved that Dennis Wise has failed to do his job properly to the level needed.

It really hasn't.

He's (Executive) Director of Football for us and reports to Ashley. If he isn't involved with player recruiment then in that role he is responsible for it so has failed to get in the players Keegan needed. Keegan said he wanted 4 players a week ago and got 2. How much more proof do you want.

Didn't Ashley actually say weeks ago that Wise is responsible for the academy.. not player recruitment.

I looked into this to try and get some answers. When Mort left the nufc website had a press release stating Llambias is Managing Director supported by an Operations Director. That statement to me means llambias is in charge of running the "business" side of our club. The same article goes on to say Wise is Executive Director (Football). To me that means Wise heads up the footballing side (including recruitment).

Jiminez is very good firends with both Wise and Ashley. His background is in property and he is a millionaire. He is considered a super agent type guy who has many contacts and makes things happen. He has very good spanish connections (he's VP Recruitment). Vetere (Technical Co-ordinator) is kind of a transfer consultant who works for us during the transfer windows.

Looking from the outside and the job titles Wise is head guy when it comes to Recruitment so the buck stops with him.

Guest graemeh72

Personally Wise strikes me as an odius untrustworthy little cnut.

I'll be pleased to see the back of him whether he leaves the club today, tomorrow or in 10 years.

Guest johnson293

I looked into this to try and get some answers. When Mort left the nufc website had a press release stating Llambias is Managing Director supported by an Operations Director. That statement to me means llambias is in charge of running the "business" side of our club. The same article goes on to say Wise is Executive Director (Football). To me that means Wise heads up the footballing side (including recruitment).

Jiminez is very good firends with both Wise and Ashley. His background is in property and he is a millionaire. He is considered a super agent type guy who has many contacts and makes things happen. He has very good spanish connections (he's VP Recruitment). Vetere (Technical Co-ordinator) is kind of a transfer consultant who works for us during the transfer windows.

Looking from the outside and the job titles Wise is head guy when it comes to Recruitment so the buck stops with him.

Cheers for posting that - which helps clear up some of the confusion on roles.

If that is true, and Wise is in charge of overall recruitment at the club, then I'll say what I said in another thread - I dont see what qualifies him for such a role?

Two/three managerial jobs at lower league teams, albeit done well??

And the nature of the buck this summer was a difficult one

The lads he's brought in seem on first impressions to be just what we needed and have been delivered at a low cost - therefore well played Goggly Eyes.

But I think most people would have liked to have seen a couple more bodies through the door - black mark Wisey.

The player sales have all made sense imo, and only Milner would have been likely to see significant playing time this season.

However, I do believe that players out of the door should always be down to the manager as he is the one who sees them day in and day out.

Would be delighted to see him leave our football club. Newcastle United should not be associated anymore with the horrible people of the game. Those who think that Dennis Wise is more capable of finding good players than Kevin Keegan need their heads checked. Wise must go.